April challenge

Options

Replies

• clwasmer
    clwasmer Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Wow!!!I lost 8 ounces.I am so happy about that since there was moments I was not so good :embarassed: Easter ham and wine every night with Hubby, he hurt his back and was home for a week. Also I read about chia seeds on M.F.P. and got some I think they help too.Have a Beautiful day all.
  • Ellie113
    Ellie113 Posts: 49
    Options
    Well minus 1.2lbs this week, brings my total this month to minus 4.4lbs......................it's going to be hard this month but I will persevere!!!
  • light1980
    light1980 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Lost 1 pound this week (and that's after eating 3 hot dogs and drinking 5 beers at the Cubs game yesterday) I prolly would have lost 1 and a half or even 2 pounds if I didn't go to the game, but you can't go to a baseball game and not eat a hot dog and drink beer...April is so tough for me...maybe I hit a plateau...so far this month I've only lost 1.5 pounds...not going to make it to 10, but hopefully I'll be able to lose 5 which would put me at 20 pounds lost since we started the biggest loser here at work (which is only 14 pounds since I started MFP). Hopefully I can do it...I have lots of support here on MFP plus my sisters are very encouraging and my wonderful boyfriend Rob has been very supportive too (and he thought I was hot the first time he met me).

Hope everyone is having a great week and hopefully a better week next week (no CUBS games next week so hopefully I'll lose more than 1 pound!! :tongue:
  • mskellyw
    mskellyw Posts: 111
    Options
    Hi guys! I haven't been around much, but just wanted to stop by and check in. I weighed myself this morning and am at 193.4 which is down 2.8 lbs. Not keeping pace with what I need for 10 lbs this month, but I went a little crazy last week, so that entire 2.8 lbs is actually since Monday. So I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for 186 by May 1st!

I actually decided to quit with the calorie counting for the time being and started the South Beach Diet on Monday. It's worked well for me in the past and this time seems to be no exception. My sugar and carb cravings were getting a little out of control, and in my experience, SB is a great way to completely turn them off. I have a gluten allergy, so other than not eating sugar, corn and rice, it's really not too terribly different than how I eat normally. Just seems to make me more aware of getting enough protein and limiting the fat.

I hope everyone has had a great week! Good luck continuing to eat healthy over the weekend!
  • megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    So far stuck this week with just the 4 pounds but I do better on my week off work then my week on so, here's to the next weigh in..
  • mwilson1018
    mwilson1018 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    My weigh in this week was 162.6, which means I'm down about 4 pounds for this month...half way there! ( I would love to hit 10, but I think 8 is more realistic)
  • KBC12
    KBC12 Posts: 10
    Options
    I haven't been logging in everyday, because somedays after work and school the last thing I want to do is sit on my computer. Trying to get every ounce of fresh air possible. I hadn't weighed myself since I joined this challenge, but I weighed myself the other day and was down 4lbs. my goal for 8 seems realistic... which is extremely exciting. Keep it up everyone
  • light1980
    light1980 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Love love love ZUMBA!!! Asked the ZUMBA instructor today about how many calories do I burn while doing ZUMBA...about 600!!! I've be totally underestimating my calorie loss....that is so great!!

Have a great week.!! :-D
  • debbiednkeller
    Options
    Good Morning Friends!!! Hope everyone is having a great weight loss week!!!! I had my weigh in this morning.........i'm down 2.5 lbs for a total loss for April of 7 lbs!!!!!!!! It is going to be really close hitting the 10 lb weight loss mark...........I CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!!
  • teresa011
    teresa011 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hello all.........well I'm still down only 3 pounds.........i'm starting to get aggravated and think I need to take a serious look at what i'm doing.......I've been doing so well up until now.......hmmmmmmm but i'm going to stick in there and keep it up, and hopefully more will come off.......I meet with the trainer tomorrow and she will remeasure everything that was measured back in January when I started this journey, so maybe I can ask her a few questions and see what she says..........But i'm so glad to see everyone else is doing so great, I have zumba today, so thats a plus, that will keep me happy.........haha.......have a great day all!!!
  • megamom
    Options
    Morning all. I am down 5 pounds, half way. I could be doing better, will be doing better. Hope to lose the 2nd half by the end of the month.
  • merguson
    merguson Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Extremely rough week for me, horrible chest congestion, feeling somewhat depressed, the last few days I've been eating horribly! But.....I'm down 2 more pounds! I know I've got to get exercising or next week I will lose nothing. Come on cold/chest congestion, go away!!!!! I walked 40 min. on my lunch break today, it's a start.
  • rbart
    rbart Posts: 5
    Options
    I was sick a couple of weeks ago with a horrible chest cold. The coughing nearly made me cry. However, I started drinking hot water with juice of 1/2 lemon, tbs honey/agave nectar, and grated ginger root (it was in a magazine in my doctor's office lobby). It's good, warming, soothing on the throat... and the best part is that it's all I drank for a week... helping me to kick my caffeine addiction. I've not had soft drinks, sugared coffees, or tea since! That saves quite a few calories in a day!
  • smarston
    smarston Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Well I only lost 2oz this week. Boo! I had a busy weekend which included my brothers bday dinner and drinks and two sport functions which meant I didn't eat at home much. So considering the weekend I had I'm feeling pretty good that I lost anything at all even if it is only 2 oz.

So I have lost a total of about 5 lbs-ish. I got a new scale, my old one was completely off (dial not digital) which is depressing to find out that I actually weigh 5lbs heavier than I thought. Though I guess I actually still lost the same amount of weight.

Mixing up my cardio this week in hopes to hit my goal for the end of the month. Ending the month with the TOM so hoping this won't be too discouraging.
  • Murdog
    Murdog Posts: 70
    Options
    Well, talk about being on a vicious roller coaster this month!! I was down couple--up 6 back down 6--then down another pound.:angry:

Oh well... I'm just wondering if temper myself to a 20hr. day, so I could fit in everything I need to do!!:noway:

Eh... I guess I'm making slow progress--which is ok.:smile:

Have a great one everybody.
  • Ellie113
    Ellie113 Posts: 49
    Options
    Well this was was not a good week!! Minus 0.2 lbs! well at least it wasn't a gain i suppose.
    Brings my total loss to 4.6lbs for this month so far, don't think i am going to manage the 10 now. : (
  • merguson
    merguson Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    rbart: Thanks for the ideas. I think it's finally moving out of my system (2 weeks!) Unfortunatley my daughter seems to have it now, hopefully it won't be as bad for her. I may use some of your suggestions for her.:smile:

smarston: It's funny, cause I have a dial scale at home but I weigh myself at work on a digital scale. My dial is also 5 lbs lighter than the digital one. I use the digital one for weighing in officially for the week. I'm sure it is more accurate.

I'm finally getting back into the swing of things, this week. I've been walking everyday, even if only for a half hour. Yesterday was awesome, I brought my son and his little friend to the park. They played at the climber and swings while I walked the path around the perimiter of the park for a full hour. It felt so good!

I was reading another post yesterday, about calories and dancing, so I think that will be one of my goals this week. To fit in 2 sessions of dancing with the kids. On top of my walking.

I'm noticing that some of us are feeling down that we may not reach the 10lb mark. Even though, that was our goal, we should still be proud of the losses we DO have. You guys have been so awesome and supportive! Keep up all the hard work everyone!! We are all travelling this journey together! :flowerforyou:
  • Fayegill
    Fayegill Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    okay I started this challenge @ 179 and the scale is now @174
    I'd love to lose 2lbs this week. Any tips?
  • megamom
    Options
    I hit 6 pounds down, 4 to go. Not sure if I'll get it done but its fun trying.
  • mwilson1018
    mwilson1018 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    My weigh in on Saturday was anothe rgreat one....down 2.2 lbs! Which makes 6 lbs so far. Come on 2 more lbs this week!!!!