Colon Hydrotherapy

Options

Replies

• IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    You do realise a smoke enema used to be the treatment for drowning right?

Is that where we get the term, "blowing smoke up my butt"???

Some internet pages say so
  • kimimila86
    Options
    23208462.jpg
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    If you think it will maximize whatever benefit you get from colon hydrotherapy, then go for it.
    If you're concerned about the cost, remember, it's not like it's an everyday thing, and you deserve to treat yourself once in a while!

THANK YOU

I'm glad someone finally gave good advice
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    As a gay man there only a few things I want up my *kitten* and coffee ain't one of them AMIRIGHT!!

that's it, i'm done...

yuck_imdone.gif
  • Gt3ch
    Gt3ch Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I AM going to be called crazy for saying this, but there is actually a Cancer treatment called the Gerson Method that incorporates Coffee enemas. The documentary I saw said at the time there was one record of a Stage 4 cancer survivor (of which type of cancer I can't remember) who recovered on the Gerson method. Only person to survive stage 4 apparently. It's WAY more than coffee enemas, but those are a part of it.

Take that however you will!!!

Now back to the goofing off.

You're saying that only 1 person has ever survived (any type of) stage 4 cancer? Ever?

And they did it by getting coffee enemas?

Whaaattt?

No. The therapy supposedly has a good success rate specifically with metastatic melanoma. Gerson's original book from the '50's documents 50 of his best cases. The Gerson Institute has documentation of many more. They're cagey with real success rates, though. But then so are most oncologist clinics and cancer centers.

The Gerson Therapy does not use or recommend colonics or colon hydrotherapy. It uses coffee enemas instead. The purpose/theory isn't to cleanse the colon but rather to deliver caffeine directly to the liver. I think you'll be hard pressed to find any kind of semi-serious argument for colonics or colon hydrotherapy except in cases of extreme constipation. The Gerson coffee enemas are supposed to stimulate the liver and the gallbladder to dump lots of bile (containing cholesterol and toxins) into the digestive tract. In the beginning it also tends to liberate gall stones.

The Gerson therapy defines a toxin as "anything that is an enzyme inhibitor." You can think of it as "anything that impedes normal, healthy biochemical reactions." The idea that we "don't have toxins in our body" is silly. After all, what do you have a liver, kidneys, and lymphatic system for? I don't see how anyone can suggest with a straight face that these systems are always operating at peak efficiency no matter what you put in your body. There's also no reason to think it's impossible to overwhelm these systems (even if only temporarily). Haven't you ever had a hangover or been septic with a bad flu?

That being said there are 3 documented cases of patients dying from coffee enemas. These treatments mess with your electrolyte balance and the deaths were probably due to the high frequency of enemas demanded by the cancer protocol. I've just done research and don't know if any of this works the way it's claimed to. I'm too chicken to stick anything up my but to find out.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    400full.jpg

five0-ouch1.gif
  • lisamarie2181
    lisamarie2181 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I AM going to be called crazy for saying this, but there is actually a Cancer treatment called the Gerson Method that incorporates Coffee enemas. The documentary I saw said at the time there was one record of a Stage 4 cancer survivor (of which type of cancer I can't remember) who recovered on the Gerson method. Only person to survive stage 4 apparently. It's WAY more than coffee enemas, but those are a part of it.

http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/pdq/cam/gerson/patient

http://www.quackwatch.com/search/webglimpse.cgi?ID=1&query=gerson

I have done a lot of research on Max Gerson and curing diseases with nutrition and therapy, he was able to cure certain cancers with juicing, nutrition, and enemas are part of it. This is a holistic approach so you will not find MEDICAL doctors supporting this. Anything holistic will not be found in medical research or journals, they do not promote healing naturally, you would need to research yourself.

Comes down to if you believe in holistic medicine or not. It has been very successful for many people and I personally believe nutrition is the most important thing when it comes to illness and disease.

Check out the Gerson Miracle, Food Matters - quite a bit a information about him.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    If you think it will maximize whatever benefit you get from colon hydrotherapy, then go for it.
    If you're concerned about the cost, remember, it's not like it's an everyday thing, and you deserve to treat yourself once in a while!

THANK YOU

I'm glad someone finally gave good advice

RECTAL PROLAPSE-

that's all im sayin
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    I got a groupon offer for a Colon Hydrotherapy (90 dollar value for 45 dollars!)

I asked my friends and they said I should do it.

The offer says for a little extra I can have an infusion of organic coffee to aid in liver detoxification. My question is should I pay the extra money for the coffee or go without? I don't want to get ripped off if I don't need it
    The notion of "detox" for health benefits is a myth. Your body doesn't require detoxification. I would suggest that you spend your $45 on a session with a registered dietician.

You're wrong. And I quote (directly from the groupon)
    Just like a home’s plumbing system, the colon can accumulate waste over time, causing sluggish function. At Colon Hydrotherapy Reno, therapist Linda Tierney helps clear away these toxins, which can result in improved digestion and energy. Her magic tool is a small tube, from which a low-pressure flow of water washes through the colon. It loosens and clears out built-up waste, all while the client reclines comfortably, modestly covered.

First of all they can't possibly detox your liver by doing an enema of any kind. It is impossible to get up to the liver from that venue. If you want to detox your liver then drink plenty of water. But flushing UP through your system will NEVER reach the liver. The small intestine (small bowel) is about 20 feet long and about an inch in diameter. The large intestine (colon or large bowel) is about 5 feet long and about 3 inches in diameter. The liver has multiple functions, but its main function within the digestive system is to process the nutrients absorbed from the small intestine. Bile from the liver secreted into the small intestine also plays an important role in digesting fat. In addition, the liver is the body’s chemical "factory." It takes the raw materials absorbed by the intestine and makes all the various chemicals the body needs to function. The liver also detoxifies potentially harmful chemicals. It breaks down and secretes many drugs.
  • cedarghost
    cedarghost Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hijack this thread but anybody lose a cat?

CatFoundPoster.jpg
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/pdq/cam/gerson/patient

http://www.quackwatch.com/search/webglimpse.cgi?ID=1&query=gerson

I have done a lot of research on Max Gerson and curing diseases with nutrition and therapy, he was able to cure certain cancers with juicing, nutrition, and enemas are part of it. This is a holistic approach so you will not find MEDICAL doctors supporting this. Anything holistic will not be found in medical research or journals, they do not promote healing naturally, you would need to research yourself.

Comes down to if you believe in holistic medicine or not. It has been very successful for many people and I personally believe nutrition is the most important thing when it comes to illness and disease.

Check out the Gerson Miracle, Food Matters - quite a bit a information about him.

You go right ahead if you get cancer and treat it with juicing and enemas. :flowerforyou:
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    First of all they can't possibly detox your liver by doing an enema of any kind. It is impossible to get up to the liver from that venue. If you want to detox your liver then drink plenty of water. But flushing UP through your system will NEVER reach the liver. The small intestine (small bowel) is about 20 feet long and about an inch in diameter. The large intestine (colon or large bowel) is about 5 feet long and about 3 inches in diameter. The liver has multiple functions, but its main function within the digestive system is to process the nutrients absorbed from the small intestine. Bile from the liver secreted into the small intestine also plays an important role in digesting fat. In addition, the liver is the body’s chemical "factory." It takes the raw materials absorbed by the intestine and makes all the various chemicals the body needs to function. The liver also detoxifies potentially harmful chemicals. It breaks down and secretes many drugs.

I've heard your intestines are miles and miles long and that beef can stay in there for years!
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Lemmiwinks?
  • CassyClary
    Options
    Not to be rude to the poster...but this entire thread is friggin hilarious!
  • devan44
    devan44 Posts: 130
    Options
    LOL
  • smittybuilt19
    smittybuilt19 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Lemmiwinks?

Yea, what an adventure it must have been for that little critter!
  • Gt3ch
    Gt3ch Posts: 212 Member
    Options

First of all they can't possibly detox your liver by doing an enema of any kind. It is impossible to get up to the liver from that venue. If

From a Gerson doc:

"In the 1920s, two German professors tested the effects of infused caffeine on rats. They found that the caffeine travels via the hemorrhoidal vein and the portal system to the liver, opens up the bile ducts and allows the liver to release bile, which contains toxins. The theobromine, theophylline, and the caffeine in coffee dilate blood vessels and bile ducts, relax smooth muscles, and increase the bile flow.

Doctors at the University of Minnesota showed that coffee administered rectally also stimulates an enzyme system in the liver called glutathione S-transferase by 600%-700% above normal activity levels. This enzyme reacts with free radicals (which cause cell damage) in the bloodstream and makes them inert. These neutralized substances become dissolved in the bile, are released through the bile flow from the liver and gallbladder, and are excreted through the intestinal tract."
  • KeriAnn06
    KeriAnn06 Posts: 49 Member
    Options

Why did you come here to attack me. I just want some opinions from people who have done this before

No one is attacking you. He is simple answering your question with a No saying it could be harmful and it wont be useful. :s i agree with him. I had one of those done and it was incredibly painful! Never again! and I agree with someone else who said not to do it as it would definitely dehydrate you. You can't ask a question if you don't want an honest response!
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options

I believe holistic treatment has much more to offer
    I think you'd have more success shoving your $$$ directly up your *kitten* instead of someone's hose...
  • Drussander
    Drussander Posts: 266 Member
    Options

Why did you come here to attack me. I just want some opinions from people who have done this before

I doubt this is a serious post, but the service you seek opinions on is considered by some to be fraudulent and of dubious value. $45 is a bit expensive for what is essentially an enema.

I have to admit, this thread and it's responses made me chuckle, so if it was intended as a joke, kudos to you.