Colon Hydrotherapy

Options

Replies

• fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options

Why did you come here to attack me. I just want some opinions from people who have done this before

because this place is filled with jerks who make fun of things they don't understand or things that make them uncomfortable. Just like middle school

THANK YOU! At least there are some people here willing to support me

I have actually been interested in trying a coffee enema too. It can help with so many things. Asthma, mucous in the lungs and sinuses, skin problems and rashes, plus a lot more. My husband has horrible asthma, like using his inhaler every few hours every day bad, so if a coffee enema helps I think that is a better alternative to horribly expensive meds that aren't that good for him

I've studied anatomy and physiology extensively as well as biology and chemistry. There is NO way that any enema will help with this. You do realize the enema goes up your back end and you're not inhaling it right?

You do realise a smoke enema used to be the treatment for drowning right?

Yes but you would think that in this day and age people would use their brains a bit more and do some research before doing these insane things. Just because they USED to do something doesn't mean its right. To the OP call your PCP first and ask him or her for real advice on doing this before getting it done. Most real medical professionals will not advise this. Only time an enema is medically needed is for a true obstruction or blockage. I've seen people have impacted bowels and its not fun. They are in agony. To do an enema to do a so called cleanse because you read it somewhere? Think first then think about it again. I've read a lot of things online and in the papers but that doesn't mean its good for you.
  • whiteheaddg
    whiteheaddg Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    First of all they can't possibly detox your liver by doing an enema of any kind. It is impossible to get up to the liver from that venue. If you want to detox your liver then drink plenty of water. But flushing UP through your system will NEVER reach the liver. The small intestine (small bowel) is about 20 feet long and about an inch in diameter. The large intestine (colon or large bowel) is about 5 feet long and about 3 inches in diameter. The liver has multiple functions, but its main function within the digestive system is to process the nutrients absorbed from the small intestine. Bile from the liver secreted into the small intestine also plays an important role in digesting fat. In addition, the liver is the body’s chemical "factory." It takes the raw materials absorbed by the intestine and makes all the various chemicals the body needs to function. The liver also detoxifies potentially harmful chemicals. It breaks down and secretes many drugs.

I've heard your intestines are miles and miles long and that beef can stay in there for years!

And chewing gum!!!
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Bumping for later because I haven't laughed this hard since the gym meme thread.
  • ltweaver
    Options
    Not to be rude to the poster...but this entire thread is friggin hilarious!

Based on the original poster's last comment, it's beginning to look like that was the whole point.
  • kimimila86
    Options

First of all they can't possibly detox your liver by doing an enema of any kind. It is impossible to get up to the liver from that venue. If

From a Gerson doc:

"In the 1920s, two German professors tested the effects of infused caffeine on rats. They found that the caffeine travels via the hemorrhoidal vein and the portal system to the liver, opens up the bile ducts and allows the liver to release bile, which contains toxins. The theobromine, theophylline, and the caffeine in coffee dilate blood vessels and bile ducts, relax smooth muscles, and increase the bile flow.

Doctors at the University of Minnesota showed that coffee administered rectally also stimulates an enzyme system in the liver called glutathione S-transferase by 600%-700% above normal activity levels. This enzyme reacts with free radicals (which cause cell damage) in the bloodstream and makes them inert. These neutralized substances become dissolved in the bile, are released through the bile flow from the liver and gallbladder, and are excreted through the intestinal tract."

Oh snaps...

homer-eating-popcorn.jpg
  • Chris5732
    Chris5732 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Clenaing out your colon....isn't it just going to get dirty, again, tomorrow. Just sayin'. Plant based whole food diet seems to be working for me and my "toxins."
  • lisamarie2181
    lisamarie2181 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I AM going to be called crazy for saying this, but there is actually a Cancer treatment called the Gerson Method that incorporates Coffee enemas. The documentary I saw said at the time there was one record of a Stage 4 cancer survivor (of which type of cancer I can't remember) who recovered on the Gerson method. Only person to survive stage 4 apparently. It's WAY more than coffee enemas, but those are a part of it.

Take that however you will!!!

Now back to the goofing off.
    http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/pdq/cam/gerson/patient

http://www.quackwatch.com/search/webglimpse.cgi?ID=1&query=gerson

I have done a lot of research on Max Gerson and curing diseases with nutrition and therapy, he was able to cure certain cancers with juicing, nutrition, and enemas are part of it. This is a holistic approach so you will not find MEDICAL doctors supporting this. Anything holistic will not be found in medical research or journals, they do not promote healing naturally, you would need to research yourself.

Comes down to if you believe in holistic medicine or not. It has been very successful for many people and I personally believe nutrition is the most important thing when it comes to illness and disease.

Check out the Gerson Miracle, Food Matters - quite a bit a information about him.

You go right ahead if you get cancer and treat it with juicing and enemas. :flowerforyou:

The Gerson Institute has cured many people of cancer, I wouldn't make it seem like it is a ridiculous thing. Chemo and Radiation are not the end all be all of cancer treatment. And these things are part of the program, not the only things that cure cancer. Just because you may not believe in holistic medicine doesn't mean it is crap.

Like I said to each his own, either you believe in holistics or you don't.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options

Why did you come here to attack me. I just want some opinions from people who have done this before

because this place is filled with jerks who make fun of things they don't understand or things that make them uncomfortable. Just like middle school

THANK YOU! At least there are some people here willing to support me

I have actually been interested in trying a coffee enema too. It can help with so many things. Asthma, mucous in the lungs and sinuses, skin problems and rashes, plus a lot more. My husband has horrible asthma, like using his inhaler every few hours every day bad, so if a coffee enema helps I think that is a better alternative to horribly expensive meds that aren't that good for him

I've studied anatomy and physiology extensively as well as biology and chemistry. There is NO way that any enema will help with this. You do realize the enema goes up your back end and you're not inhaling it right?

You do realise a smoke enema used to be the treatment for drowning right?

Yes but you would think that in this day and age people would use their brains a bit more and do some research before doing these insane things. Just because they USED to do something doesn't mean its right. To the OP call your PCP first and ask him or her for real advice on doing this before getting it done. Most real medical professionals will not advise this. Only time an enema is medically needed is for a true obstruction or blockage. I've seen people have impacted bowels and its not fun. They are in agony. To do an enema to do a so called cleanse because you read it somewhere? Think first then think about it again. I've read a lot of things online and in the papers but that doesn't mean its good for you.

I totally agree, people should use their brains more.
  • sunnyinaz78
    Options
    [/quote]

I did a few sessions last summer, through a groupon coupon as well and although uncomfortable at first really am glad I did it! I literally felt toxins being released the first day/session, and did experience a sense of well being and clarity after. This procedure actually made me think about what I put in my body on a regular basis, and triggered my "clean eating regimen" I recommend it.
    I did a parasite cleanse with supplements at the same time and don't regret it. Planning on doing it again soon!
  • KeriAnn06
    KeriAnn06 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Let me just say this.. My uncle died having a colonoscopy... They punctured his spleen during the proceedure and he bled out days later... I don't recommend anything up your butt unless absolutely necessary and recommended by your Doctor.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    I AM going to be called crazy for saying this, but there is actually a Cancer treatment called the Gerson Method that incorporates Coffee enemas. The documentary I saw said at the time there was one record of a Stage 4 cancer survivor (of which type of cancer I can't remember) who recovered on the Gerson method. Only person to survive stage 4 apparently. It's WAY more than coffee enemas, but those are a part of it.

Take that however you will!!!

Now back to the goofing off.
    http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/pdq/cam/gerson/patient

http://www.quackwatch.com/search/webglimpse.cgi?ID=1&query=gerson

I have done a lot of research on Max Gerson and curing diseases with nutrition and therapy, he was able to cure certain cancers with juicing, nutrition, and enemas are part of it. This is a holistic approach so you will not find MEDICAL doctors supporting this. Anything holistic will not be found in medical research or journals, they do not promote healing naturally, you would need to research yourself.

Comes down to if you believe in holistic medicine or not. It has been very successful for many people and I personally believe nutrition is the most important thing when it comes to illness and disease.

Check out the Gerson Miracle, Food Matters - quite a bit a information about him.

You go right ahead if you get cancer and treat it with juicing and enemas. :flowerforyou:

The Gerson Institute has cured many people of cancer, I wouldn't make it seem like it is a ridiculous thing. Chemo and Radiation are not the end all be all of cancer treatment. And these things are part of the program, not the only things that cure cancer. Just because you may not believe in holistic medicine doesn't mean it is crap.

Needing faith due to a lack of evidence, it kinda does mean that.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

I believe that diet and exercise and other healthy habits (and not smoking, drinking too much, etc.) can help prevent disease.

I don't believe that shiving coffee up my butt will cure cancer.

Just to add: My grandmother was a doctor who died from colon cancer that metasticized (sp?) to her liver. She was willing to try any and every treatment available and I guarantee if she had any inkling that something like that might actually work, she would have done it. She was in med school about the time Gersen was testifying before Congress, so I'm sure she was aware of the treatment.
  • reporter31
    Options
    I did the colon hydrotherapy and it was great and yes, do the extra and get the organic coffee -- it truly is amazing.
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    There is no evidence that this does anything useful (other than flush out your lower digestive tract), and there is evidence that it could cause damage. As with other sorts of quackery, there is plenty of anecdotal evidence that comes from people who were not harmed by it. That does not mean they were helped by it.

So I would say that it is a waste of money. Not to mention coffee.
  • reporter31
    Options
    The colon hydrotherapy only goes in about three inches and is very safe
  • cedarghost
    cedarghost Posts: 621 Member
    Options
  • reporter31
    Options
    drmerc, people fear what they don't understand......make sure you go to a certified hydrotherapist and you learn so much...on how to eat, and you will change how you live your life. It's a great experience
  • mandipandi75
    mandipandi75 Posts: 6,035 Member
    Options

People here are so freaking mean! Gosh! All this poor man wants is some support - we all have to find what works for us. Maybe coffee in the *kitten* is what will work for him. We're all individuals!

Yes! Special lil snowflakes!
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options

People here are so freaking mean! Gosh! All this poor man wants is some support - we all have to find what works for us. Maybe coffee in the *kitten* is what will work for him. We're all individuals!

Yes! Special lil snowflakes!

Remember; you're unique and special, just like everyone else.
  • sweetnlow30
    sweetnlow30 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Not to be rude to the poster...but this entire thread is friggin hilarious!

I couldn't agree more :laugh: