Are people drinking coffee? Why or why not?

Options

Replies

• bridgelene
    bridgelene Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Not often.

Mostly because I'm not THAT hugely into it, and the only way I really like it is with about 3-4 tablespoons of sugar plus 1/4 cup of flavored creamer. Or one of the foofy drinks from coffee-houses which real coffee people probably don't even consider to be coffee :laugh:

Sooooo in summary....1- I never got that addiction bug in the first place, and 2- tooooo many calories to have it how I like it as any more than a "treat" (I do go to Bux once a week as a treat, as it's about a block away from a weekly appt I have)
  • austinmama123
    austinmama123 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    We stopped coffee after reading Caffeine Blues. I still like a warm cup in the morning so we switched to Teecchino. It is caffeine free and it is an herbal tea. It tastes like coffee and you brew it like coffee. We use stevia & almond milk in it.. They give you a recipe in both Caffeine Blues book & I think in the teecchino site of how to mixed both and get off slowly without headaches. Feel way better and we sleep like hibernating bears. =)
  • SunshineDecember
    SunshineDecember Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I don't really get why people seem to be under the impression that it's so bad for you. It's an acidic drink, so too much isn't good, but that goes for a lot of stuff. It definitely won't harm your weight loss (unless you're drinking it with a bunch of cream and sugar) - on the contrary, it's a zero calorie drink that may help lower apitite, and various studies show that the caffeine can actually give a slight metabolic spike. I always drink a cup before a workout 'cause the extra energy it gives me really helps me kick some mad butt :D
  • ebrown30
    ebrown30 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Yuck I hate coffie. I try to stay away from caffeine in general.

If I'm super tired and falling asleep at my desk I'll get a Mountain Due. But only when I need it.

This has nothing to do with dieting though. It's personal preference.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    Yuck I hate coffie. I try to stay away from caffeine in general.

If I'm super tired and falling asleep at my desk I'll get a Mountain Due. But only when I need it.

This has nothing to do with dieting though. It's personal preference.

Stays away from caffeine.

Drinks Mountain Dew.
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I drink coffee. I take my coffee black except every once in a great while (maybe 8 times a year) I'll have a latte or a cappucino made with skim milk.

I'm trying to cut down on my coffee consumption a little bit because I can only take in so much liquid and less coffee means more opportunity for water. Plus if I don't have a lot the caffeine will have a greater effect on my when I would need it.

Oddly enough if I'm racing in the morning, I love to have a coffee to get my me going. If I time it right, I'm using the the porta-potties before the lines start to build. Very important because running when you have to pee sucks.
  • Shayztar
    Shayztar Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Drink it. I have never stopped, even when pregnant. I just cut down. Coffee is the nectar from the Gods. It is the best legal stimulant known to man. I chose to vacation in Jamaica for a second time JUST to get more Blue Mountain coffee. Coffee, coffee, COFFEE!
  • KateRepine
    KateRepine Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    me too! Take away everything and it's not fun anymore!
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    I am just curious if people are drinking coffee? I have heard mixed things in relation to weight loss. So, why or why not? I personally stopped because it made me feel dehydrated, gross, and I like a little cream and sugar in it. I also hate the headaches I have without it. BUT! I had a cup today and it was soooo wonderful. I am wondering if this is something I want to completely give up......

Thoughts?

I love my coffee. It does not hinder weight loss at all....UNLESS you drink multiple cups a day loaded with cream and sugar. As with everything moderation. Don't make this a diet of deprivation! Have your cup of joe in the morning, log it and enjoy:drinker:
  • azavala78
    azavala78 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Yep! Daily - drink it because I love it!
  • jmjm55077
    Options
    I drink coffee...perhaps it mental but I would go without food before cutting off coffee...Usually one cup in the morning...it's a ritual for me and although it does tend to dehydate...I will drink extra water to make up for it...If I had a last meal request...it would be for coffee! And lastly...my friends and family who have witness the meltdown of me with no coffee would concur...as does my doctor....yeah coffee!
  • bunnabear
    bunnabear Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I completely gave up soda (I never drank diet but would drink several regular cokes a day) but couldn't completely let go of coffee. I used to drink 2-3 cups a day fully loaded with cream and sugar. Now I drink a half a cup in the am and a half a cup in the late afternoon. I add 1 TBS of cream to each for a total of 1 serving per day...and of course I log it each time :smile:
  • DamnImASexyBitch
    DamnImASexyBitch Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    I drink a cup of coffee every morning, and then water all the rest of the day. I will not give it up for anything.
  • Cruz2Fit
    Cruz2Fit Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I LOVE COFFEE AND COFFEE LOVES ME!!!

1/2 cup skim milk heated in microwave for 1 min
    2 teaspoons of Stevia
    2 teaspoons of Torani Sugar Free flavor (depends on the coffee flavor used)

DELICIOUS!!!
  • tallgirlshelley
    tallgirlshelley Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I love it. Never gonna give it up.

Funny story: When my littlest was a toddler, she would call coffee "fu@ky". We eventually got her to say, "focky" and then, of course she grew up. I still like to ask for "focky" at a restaurant and laugh at the looks I get.
  • Cordy1228
    Cordy1228 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Yup, I drink coffee. I like it how I like it, and it's worth every calorie to me.
  • lattyse
    lattyse Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Drink coffee daily. Why? Because I have a 5 month old & I'm on the go all the time. Need the energy!
  • mommy1126
    mommy1126 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I love my Coffee! I couldn't stick to any plan that didn't include it.
  • gloriapiz55
    gloriapiz55 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm a Starbucks junkie all the way, I drink like 3 iced decaf skinny vanilla latte's a day :love:
  • angimac
    angimac Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    If I don't have my coffee, somebody gonna get hurt real bad...

Maybe not, but I do have coffee at least a couple of times a day... sometimes plain black coffee, sometimes peppermint mocha creamer or pumpkin spice creamer added... sometimes chocolate caramel pecan cappuccino added to my dark roast...

I'm not going to do without coffee or something flavorful for the rest of my life... moderation is the key... and a wonderful thing