Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Beer must go...replace with?

I'm am from Wisconsin and yes, a beer drinker. I have now found out Beer is high in calories and carbs :( I have tried the lower calorie ones, but yuck! Can't go from a Budweiser girl to an Ultra light girl. I do enjoy wine and some liquors...

My friends and I have a once a week girls night where we get together, have a few drinks usually 3 and catch up on things, and yes it has resulted in more at times lol. Any suggestions on something else to try...I do not do whiskey or gin.

I have read to give up alcohol for weight loss, but I don't believe in giving up everything to lose weight, but make some changes instead. Any ideas???

Replies

• 5stringjeff
    5stringjeff Posts: 790 Member
    The occasional beer won't kill you - most have 150-200 calories each. They're calories just like any other caloires. Just be smart about it. If you know you're going to have a couple at night, eat fewer calories that day.
  • Jizes318
    Jizes318 Posts: 409 Member
    I drink the Bud Light 55 beer. I get the beer taste and only 55 calories!!
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Vodka.
  • Janelle173
    Janelle173 Posts: 396 Member
    If you enjoy wine, have that instead...factor it into your calories, if not for just the day, and you know that one day a week youa re going to have like 3 glasses of wine, then try and "bank" some calories through out the week to be able to sue on the day you are going to have those drinks.

I look at my calories, as of late, not just on a day to day basis, but more so on a week to week basis. I know that every saturday, I am going to eat less clean than through out the week, maybe have a drink or a few...so, i have been trying to "bank" some calories for Saturdays...by like working out a little more that day, or not eating back to my net every day.

I am still learning this all, and I am positive that someone will not like how I am saying I do it...but, I, like you, need to figure out a way to make it work for me and not against me :)
  • RyanWilson1993
    RyanWilson1993 Posts: 409 Member
    MORE BEER! :D
  • successgal1
    successgal1 Posts: 996 Member
    Miller Lite, deal with it. I actually like it, am used to it, and find most other beers to heavy for more than one. Budweiser is gross, though I used to drink it all the time. Your taste buds just need to change.

Miller lIte is something like 96 calories and 3.6 carbs I believe.
  • missmayeb
    missmayeb Posts: 182 Member
    I do a really good vodka with seltzer water and a splash of Mio Blueberry lemonade. It is pretty darn good.
  • Vodka.

Mix with fruit juice instead of diet soda?
  • notreallytrillian
    notreallytrillian Posts: 77 Member
    I switched from beer to hard liquor. Hard liquor straight is carb free. I like Jameson on the rocks personally. Or The Glenivet if I want to get all fancy. No mixers or your calorie count will go way up! No liqueurs either, they are full of sugar. I gave up everything carbonated (soda, beer, etc) and lost 1.5 inches from waist just because I wasn't so bloated any more!
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    MORE BEER! :D

LOL You beat me too it!

OP-You don't have to get rid of it just be aware of the calories and if it fits in your day, go for it!
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Craft beer. :happy:

Seriously, the occasional ale won't kill you. Just don't chug a six pack every night. :drinker:
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,412 Member
    Bourbon.
  • Leannek74
    Leannek74 Posts: 374 Member
    The occasional beer won't kill you - most have 150-200 calories each. They're calories just like any other caloires. Just be smart about it. If you know you're going to have a couple at night, eat fewer calories that day.

This! :drinker:
  • I do a really good vodka with seltzer water and a splash of Mio Blueberry lemonade. It is pretty darn good.

Actually sounds really good, I'll have to try :)
  • I figure (incorrectly, I'm sure) that it takes calories just to consume a beer so I call it 0 calories. The thing that happens, though, is that it increases your appetite.
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    just break up with beer
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    My personal favorite alcoholic drink is Diet Cranberry and Vodka. Delicious, low calorie and cheap. I think the brand is Ocean Spray. Their Diet Cranberry is only 5 calories per 8oz serving. Then I buy the cheapest vodka, Burnettes. To make the drink, I use two cups of cranberry and two shots of vodka. It's about 138 cals...that sounds like a lot, but depending on your tolerance, 3-4 of them will put you on your *kitten*!
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Better beer than budweiser.. out of the choices in WI you pick that one.. Yuck.
  • notreallytrillian
    notreallytrillian Posts: 77 Member
    Vodka.

Mix with fruit juice instead of diet soda?

No mixers - they're full of sugar and will shoot your calorie count sky high! Get some good quality booze and have it over ice :)
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    I've done a lot of things on the way to losing 35 pounds but I draw the line at giving up beer. I just run an extra kilometer or two.