Beer must go...replace with?

Options

Replies

• Luvmesumkenny
    Luvmesumkenny Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    The occasional beer won't kill you - most have 150-200 calories each. They're calories just like any other caloires. Just be smart about it. If you know you're going to have a couple at night, eat fewer calories that day.

DRINK ALL THE BEER!!!!!!! :drinker:
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    just break up with beer

NO! STOP IT!
  • dcsump2
    dcsump2 Posts: 73
    Options
    You can enjoy anything in moderation. As for beer; here are 2 extremes that are each under 160 cals:

Miller Lite - 96 cals
    Guinness - 155 cals
  • mallen404
    mallen404 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Vodka.

Mix with fruit juice instead of diet soda?

Juices are really high in sugar so watch for that.
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    I also love beer... so I drink it. Not as often though. I drink rum and diet coke once in a while too.
  • BeautifulScarsWECHANGED
    Options
    My new favorite is flavored vodka and club soda. MMMMMM. Orange whipped cream flavor is my personal favorite, and I just add an orange slice.
  • LindseyLinea
    LindseyLinea Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Just work out more that day before the drinks. It will burn up the calories you are going to drink later.
  • tripn404
    tripn404 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I'll limit myself to two dark beers because they make me fuller and or sometimes are even stronger (like Abita Andygator :)
    ... butt if you are really trying to lose weight id have drinks every other week you visit your friend and maybe get water one the rocks to look like youre drinking and other times you do drink id drink a skinny girl or straight whiskey/vodka/liquors
  • cmrow1
    cmrow1 Posts: 2
    Options
    Go on pinterest, it has many drink recepies that don't have many calories!
  • samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Replace with beer. If you are only having 3 beers once a week then I wouldn't worry! Just add an extra walk in that day or extra ten minutes to your workout.

But if you are going to drink beer, drink craft beer. I don't think Budweiser can even call themselves beer. :) craft beer. Your new best friend.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Limit overall beer consumption, focus on quality and not quantity. Drink good local choices like New Glarus. Yum.
  • will010574
    will010574 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    I grew up in Wisconsin and love beer....I replaced it with bourbon...I love bourbon and beer now!!
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    After a night of drinking exercise is a good thing so you could probably increase your exercise habits the day before and after and try to compensate through the week for the additional calories. A mixture of the two ways could be a winner for you :)
  • imhungry2012
    imhungry2012 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I too was a beer drinker (still love it) but switched to vodka soda (love flavored selzer with good vodka) and red wine (pinot noir and merlot), now I get SO full/bloated when I drink it now - I like fancy beers that are usually higher in cals...anways, I switched initially due to similar reason as you but find that I likely consume the same amount of calories because I drink mixed drinks and wine faster since they are less ounces than I do a 12 oz. beer...if you really like it I would just fit it into your macros :)
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    The good news is that it doesn't appear you were drinking beer in the first place. Carry on.
  • jha1223
    jha1223 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Or The Glenivet if I want to get all fancy.

A woman after my heart. Its still not "good" for you, screws with your bodies ability to "do its stuff" while it processing the alcohol ... blah blah blah. However, I love my scotch. And I feel nowhere near as bloated as I did with beer.

But OP, if you still want the beer - drink it. And instead of working your calories down to compensate (and probably cutting out good foods), bump your calorie allowance up by working out. I've actually gotten on the elliptical and stayed on until it read xxx calories so I could have the glass of scotch I wanted. I am certainly not advocating that I myself and doing it the right way, but just another perspective.

Enjoy!
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Switch to Guiness. It's a great post-workout recovery drink and it's relatively low-cal.
    Actually, my favorite light beer is whiskey and seltzer.
  • saraxx16
    saraxx16 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    This is a great site that tells you which alcohols have the best rating in terms of calorie content

http://getdrunknotfat.com/
  • skinnybearlyndsay
    skinnybearlyndsay Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    My new favorite is flavored vodka and club soda. MMMMMM. Orange whipped cream flavor is my personal favorite, and I just add an orange slice.

Sounds divine...
  • Tw1zzler
    Tw1zzler Posts: 583
    Options
    I budget my calories to allow for beer. Good. Local. Craft. Beer.