UK low-calorie snacks

Options

Replies

• paigemarie93
    paigemarie93 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    got some chocolate Philadelphia in the fridge (mini pots) what can i eat a pot with though?
    i don't really have a sweet tooth so don't wanna just tuck in with a spoon and i have given up bread as i used to eat wayyy too much.....

I bought some 99p cereal bars from sainsbury's & dunked them in mine, you get 6 cereal bars.
  • Limajuliet
    Limajuliet Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Without wanting to sound like a kill joy but surely you should be looking to change your eating habits so you don't go back gaining weight (which is what I assume most people are on this site for?). There is no such thing as a healthy snack.

Make your meals healthy and enjoyable and you won't need to snack. Snack is what makes us eat more calories than we think - we graze and eat without thinking this way.

Carrot sticks? unhealthy snack?
  • Jade17694
    Jade17694 Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    back to snacks.... keep the ideas coming!! :)
  • Jade17694
    Options
    Without wanting to sound like a kill joy but surely you should be looking to change your eating habits so you don't go back gaining weight (which is what I assume most people are on this site for?). There is no such thing as a healthy snack.

Make your meals healthy and enjoyable and you won't need to snack. Snack is what makes us eat more calories than we think - we graze and eat without thinking this way.

Carrot sticks? unhealthy snack?

i think he meant that when we start snacking its easier to fall back into old habits and therefore by snacking we're more prone to just eating for the sake of it - making it unhealthy..... i doubt he thinks carrot sticks are unhealthy, perhaps he worded his post wrong.

Move on from Matt's post please people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • akf2000
    akf2000 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I have before me a pack of Kallo Organic Savoury Rice Cakes, from Holland & Barrett, 32cal/ cake. They're Marmite flavour! Total delicious by themselves, better than Snack-a-Jacks, and you can't really scoff more than 2 at a time before they're so massive.

The H&B rice cakes section is awesome.
  • cupcake28
    cupcake28 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    nakd bars are good, 98 cals, they don't look too appetising but taste really good (the coco loco is great). They're all natural nut, fruit and oat bars. Also onken yoghurt vanilla or strawberry flavour, freeze them and its like ice cream (not exactly but close).
    And yeah snacking is good, i was always told its best to snack a few time a day, I do it now and am finding it easier to maintain weight than when I was eating 3 meals a day and no snacks at all.

Arh Thanks I have always wondered if you can freeze yogurt as a aubsitute as ice cream! Cheers :)
  • cupcake28
    cupcake28 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    got some chocolate Philadelphia in the fridge (mini pots) what can i eat a pot with though?
    i don't really have a sweet tooth so don't wanna just tuck in with a spoon and i have given up bread as i used to eat wayyy too much.....

The new choco philly is great spread on one of the large chocolate chip snack a jacks (62cals each)

Chocolate chip snack a jacks are my life saver snacks, sooo satisfying for the choco craving and low cals too :)

Oh I also bought those recently and thought they were fab because they are already pre portioned .... likeing the snackajacks idea also mmmmmmmm

I just think if you have a sweet tooth or do get hungry between meals although snacking can be dangerous it can be equally as danerous to deprive yourself to the point where you binge!

It has to be better to reasearch healthy snack before hand surely??? when that craving hits!
  • jaquwa
    jaquwa Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I need some snack ideas, I will be trying some of these out :-)
  • steveyeu
    steveyeu Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have before me a pack of Kallo Organic Savoury Rice Cakes, from Holland & Barrett, 32cal/ cake. They're Marmite flavour! Total delicious by themselves, better than Snack-a-Jacks, and you can't really scoff more than 2 at a time before they're so massive.

The H&B rice cakes section is awesome.

What are the prices like in comparison to supermarkets, are they larger packs? And one would presume by you saying about Marmite the selection is far wider in H&B?
  • jaquwa
    jaquwa Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I tried a snack a jack, spread with cadbury philly last night, it was a taste sensation and will be my new "treat" snack from now on!!
  • gtfcnat
    gtfcnat Posts: 199
    Options
    Just discovered Crawfords Morning Coffee biccies are 22cals per biccy
  • LittleElephant
    LittleElephant Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I like having After Eight mints - only 35 calories each. I pick up loads of boxes from Poundland.
  • Jade17694
    Options
    I like having After Eight mints - only 35 calories each. I pick up loads of boxes from Poundland.

Oh my, i love After Eight Mints so i always end up eating more than one at a time D:
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    My favourites:
    Muller Lights (99ish cals for a pot)
    Sherbert dip dabs (88 cals for a package - currently my favourite because it takes so long to eat and i loooove sherbet)
    Sherbet fountain (around 100 for one)
    And as mentioned, velvet crunch crisps and Alpen light bars
    Weetabix oaty bars are lovely too, something like 80 cals.
    Sugar free jelly, flumps, Freddos, Curly Wurlys (115 cals I think) are others that I like :)

Its important for me to have low cal snacks that feel a bit naughty, I am a massive snacker and it's hard to have fruit all the time when you're not used to it. I'm starting to up the amount of fruit and nuts I have but I'm still going to eat the above because to me it may not be perfect but it's a hell of a lot better than what I used to snack on!

I'm liking your snack style.
  • Gemp2307
    Gemp2307 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, just thought i'd share my summer snack discovery, Tesco's every day value range do ice pops that come in strawberry, lemon and orange and are only 24 calories each. Now they are small, 35 ml each but they hit that ice lolly craving, and anyway if you have two its still less than 50 cals! I just added them to the database, u can find them under "Tesco every day value fruit flavour lollies" They are only 1.45 euro (prob about a UK pound) for a box of eight, and come in a mix of flavours. yummy!
  • ketchup38
    ketchup38 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • wellbur
    wellbur Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I agree with lots of posts, its nice to have a treat, and this is a healthy life style change not a diet. I enjoy :
    Quavers 88 cals
    Iced Gems 25g 98 cals
    weight watchers summer layer yogurts 49 cals
    cough candy sweets ( asda ) 12 cals each
    Jelly tots 20 sweets 66 cals
    French fries 99 cals
  • Staffyman
    Staffyman Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I love Nakd bars. Nakd also do different flavours of raisins. :love:

Yes, the raisins are great. I especially love the Cola and Lime flavours!

I love the Nakd bars too, especially Coco Orange. Unfortunately the Morrisons I frequent doesn't seem to stock them any more. :-(
  • em1821
    em1821 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Bump :)
  • logdunne
    logdunne Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Very much liking this thread, have sat making a list- and to the lady who suggested sherbert fountains, you are my hero- never realised they were that low in calories (i know its 100 cal of sugar and bad stuff, but it tastes so good)
    Here are my go to sweet snacks- most of which have already been mentioned i think:
    - Milkyway- 98 cals for two mini bars
    - Pink 'n' whites, those wafer and marshmallow thingys- 50 cals each
    - Rich tea finger biscuits (sometimes you gotta have a biscuit with yer cuppa, and this helps me resist jammy dodgers, my arch nemesis)
    - Watermelon
    - Porridge (the alpen sachets are 150ish cals, worth it for a filling snack)
    - Curly wurlys- 115 cals

For savoury i like melba toasts with a tiny bit of butter and bovril, but its usually the sweet stuff i crave.