Protein Shake Recipe I gotta share

Options
Kari0510
Kari0510 Posts: 5 Member
My family loves my protein shakes. So everytime I make myself one I have to make enough for everyone!! If I don't, I get a lot of crying and end up only getting a few sips before it's taken away. I figure since it's such a great hit at my house, why not share with my friends on MFP. Although I really can't take all the credit for this recipe. I got it from some body builders about 10 years ago at a gym I used to work at. I'm sure you'll enjoy this as much as we do!!

1-2 scoops of any type of vanilla protein ( I use Pure Protein)
1 1/2 cups of ice
2 cups water
2 tbsp of any type of sugar free/fat free instant jello pudding mix (Chocolate, banana cream, pistachio, vanilla, etc)
Blend it all up and you got yourself a very tasty protein shake! It also helps with that sweet tooth!! ENJOY!

Replies

• BadAzzBea
    BadAzzBea Posts: 461
    Options
    That sounds great and low cal!!
  • barbbeekman
    barbbeekman Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I will definately have to try this. Thanks for sharing!!!
    I love the idea you can change the flavor w/ the pudding :smile:
  • TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Have you tried it with milk instead of water?
  • jwallace84
    jwallace84 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Do you have the nutritional values on this? It sounds delicious.
  • atucker0821
    atucker0821 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    is there harm in drinking protein shakes if you get enough in your diet (or too much according to MFP)?

that does sound yummy!
  • Fergieberg
    Fergieberg Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Kari0510
    Kari0510 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    jwallace84
    The nutritional value is going to be based on the protein powder you use. Mine has 150 calories per scoop. They do have light protein powder. I'm not sure who makes it but I have tried it and its good, usually around 100cal per scoop. The pudding is usually about 40 calories for the 2 tbsps I use. Total calories are around 190. I will use it as a meal replacement or as a snack. Its very filling!

youngdoc2b
    I have not tried it with milk because I don't want the added calories although it can be made with milk and is probably really good. My husband will make it with milk sometimes. He likes it but he can afford the added calories.....

adw5215
    There is harm in drinking protein shakes if you already get your calories from other foods. Always stay within your MFP calories even with adding protein shakes to your diet.
  • kellehbeans
    kellehbeans Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Bump! It sounds really good. Saving this for a later date. :)
  • kindadenise
    Options
    This sounds awesome! I will have to try it.
  • kuntry_navy
    kuntry_navy Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    theres a version of this i really like. any kind of vanilla whey protein(i like mhp probolic) only instead of water, i use apple juice and use fat free cheesecake jello mix, then to go a little further i add a spoon of peanut butter and a dash of cinnamon. it's apple pie peanut butter and cheesecake flavor all in one, pretty bada$$
  • dc729
    dc729 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Sounds great! Can't wait to try it! :)
  • amyfliesalot
    amyfliesalot Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    How many calories would that be?
  • stonel94
    stonel94 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • stonel94
    Options
    How many calories would that be?

depends on what ingredients you use, ice and water have 0 cals so it's just the cals in whatever type of pudding mix you use and protein,
  • alohajillian
    Options
    yum - thanks
  • 2youngatheart
    2youngatheart Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Bump! :-)
  • katiej2001
    Options
    bump
  • pkrichar
    pkrichar Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    bump
  • stonel94
    Options
    If you make this in a blender bottle with just the water and no ice will it still taste as good?

Also, the facts for the jello pudding mix says 1/4 of a package, any idea if that's 2 tbsp or what, because one on here says 2 tbsp is 20 calories but that's less than what it says for 1/4 of the package?