Tall Gals Check in - Motivation for 5'8" and above

Replies

• jennifox63
    jennifox63 Posts: 44 Member
    bump
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    I'm 5'10", my display picture shows my current progress. Started at 245, currently 186lbs.

Aiming for around 160 or whatever weight I feel best at when I get there.
  • Masq
    Masq Posts: 191 Member
    I'm 5' 9" and about 40 pounds away from goal weight so I don't have any success pictures yet.

My sucess is improving my fitness.....running and finishing sprint triathlons. :smile:
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    5 11 here, add me too!

My progress/success pics are here, my topic got locked because no more comments would fit! I'm still going and would like to lose another 10 or so pounds this year x

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/800801-73-pounds-gone-almost-at-target-progress-pics
  • I'm 5'9. I've lost 20 pounds or so since on MFP. I would like to lose another 13- 18 pounds. If it doesn't happen, but lean out and get some muscle definition instead, I'll be happy :)

I lost most of the weight doing Turbo FIre and Watching my Carlorie intake.
    I started to strength traing going on a month now & I'm already seeing changes in my body!!!!

So do both, it's amazing!!! If you have any further questions, feel free to add me or PM me your questions :)
  • shell6469
    shell6469 Posts: 54 Member
    I am 5'9. Add me too please. No pic's yet.. I am inspired and excited by the transformations....
  • newjourney2015
    newjourney2015 Posts: 216 Member
    Bump - want to return to this thread and add friends and read more tall girl success stories! Don't have a success story of my own YET! But I will!! I'm 5'10 SW 178 CW 172 GW 155 and I want muscles!
  • marathon_mama
    marathon_mama Posts: 150 Member
    Is 5'8" tall? My perspective must be skewed, growing up in a mostly Dutch community. 5'8" would be what I consider average, maybe a tad short.

I agree. There are some people on here who consider themselves tall @ 5'7". Perhaps it's all about perspective.
  • gr8pillock
    gr8pillock Posts: 374 Member
    Hey ya'll! I'm here. My initial goal was 150 so I'm about 30lbs away. Still, since I've gotten down to my current size, I have a few people in my life who don't think I should aim for 150, that it will be too small. So, I'm now slowing down my goal to 160. We'll see how I feel there. :)
  • jnh17
    jnh17 Posts: 838 Member
    <
    5'11. Still have about 10lbs of fat I'd like to lose. :)
  • kikionna4
    kikionna4 Posts: 308
    Not a success story... yet! I am just starting out. I am 5'8" and currently 250lbs. My ultimate goal is to be 160lbs but the goal I'm going for first is 200. Then when I reach that I will go for my ultimate weight loss goal. :)
  • miracole
    miracole Posts: 492 Member
    6' here, starting weight was 231, am somewhere around the 185 range right now (was down to 181 pre christmas and then decided that cookies are delicious) am hoping to get down below 175 this year, which will actually be the lowest weight I've been as an adult.

Mostly at this point I'm looking to become the ultimate me, I am a long distance runner, I have 2 marathons and 3 half marathons already booked in this year and will be doing at least 2 triathlons (including one olympic distance) and the Spartan Race tri-fecta. I shaved an hour and a half off my marathon time in my second marathon in October 2012 as compared to my first marathon in October 2011 and will hopefully shave off another 20 minutes this year planting me firmly in the sub 5h time. To do so I'm incorporating more weight training and cross training and following a proper marathoners nutrition plan.

First up is a comparison between November 2011 and November 2012 just after completing 1500 km in a year

startpic-1.jpg1500.jpg

at my heaviest - possibly my most cringe-worthy photo (this was mid my last year of law school before I took up running)

cuba.jpg

my most recent photo- December 27th 2012 (sorry face is blocked but wanted to show off the dress to my best friend!)

Dec2012_zpsf3c31080.jpg
  • mrsna
    mrsna Posts: 195 Member
    5' 9" here. I have lost about 40 pounds since the end of July. I am not at my goal yet, I am working to lose another 30-40 pounds depending on how much muscle I build. I am less interested in the number on the scale than how my body looks and feels as I approach my goal. I started out obese and I am about 5 pounds from healthy. Feel free to add me for encouragement. Stick with it, you can do anything you set your mind to!!
  • Good Morning!!! I'm 5' 9". I started in Oct.2012. at 230 & I'm at 2120 right now. My goal weight is 140. I know it's hard & I get discouraged very easy::grumble: But I want 2013 to be my year!!!! So I think with the support of MFP WE TOGETHER WILL GET THIS DONE!!!:drinker: I made my 1st goal at 200lbs & then I will see how I will do the goals to try to not get mad at my self because then I just want to quit!!! Hopefully NOT this time!!! I have tried so many different diets & do good & then come to a plateau. And and up quiting!! NOT this time:)))
  • 5'8 here in the UK!

SW: 178
    CW: 174.6 (after first week)
    GW: 150

Hopefully do this for my 5th year anniversary in May!

No pictures sorry - will try and take some
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Hello all, I'm 5' 9", and 58 years young, shortest of the kids, all 7 of us. Started some time ago weight 180, pushed it down to 170. I got sick in June of 2011 and weight flew up to 196 in the matter of a three months. Dr's. still in a quandry as to the problem, weird symptoms continue. Doing diet changes and supplements to deal with the symptoms. Since July weight has dropped to 168. I am so happy to be back to my last start weight and a little below. My short term goal is 160. Goals will be adjusted after that according to how I feel and look. I am concentrating on building muscle now. I am so thankful to be feeling better and moving forward.
  • SJKirk51912
    SJKirk51912 Posts: 176 Member
    6'1" here.

SW: 288
    CW: 278
    GW: 199
    UGW: undecided

I am just a "big" girl. The lowest weight I can remember was 175 and I wore a size 14 and that was in 6th grade. I was in shape and athletic at that time. In 100 lbs I have only gone up to a size 20... My body is weird! But I remember at 215 I was starting to get comfortable with myself and I was strong. My doctor told me she would like to see me at 200, so that's my first goal weigh...well 199 so I can be in Onederland! Then I will re-evalute to see if I want to go lower.
  • AckieJ
    AckieJ Posts: 199 Member
    5'11 here might be closer to 6'0 but refuse to say 6... :laugh:
    SW: 200
    CW: 178
    GW: 150-160
    Hubby thinks if I got down to 150 i'll be too skinny... So that's why I did the 150-160 guess when I get closer to that I'll reevaluate my goal weight.

Wish I did more before pics...and I haven't taken any recent pics.

But please feel free to add me. I need more tall girls on my friend list. :flowerforyou:
  • bamagrrrl
    bamagrrrl Posts: 18 Member
    5'8 :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!