How many here have "never been thin"

Options

Replies

• Chrisplayer136
    Chrisplayer136 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I was always to tallest in my class, not necessarily the heaviest. Thanks to MFP, I have been working a lot of that weight off.
  • briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Never the thin one. Always heavy from 11 yrs on up. I have been bigger than my Father who is 250 plus pounds several times in my life so I have been the biggest in my family several times. Even my husband was smaller except when I got down to 164 before I got pregnant with my twins and ballooned back to well over 250 again.
  • SavageFeast
    SavageFeast Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Never been thin. But I WILL be, dammit!
  • Vickiesings
    Options
    The only time I have ever been thin is when I starved myself. Even then, I wasn't a rail. I would like to be lean, fit and healthy but I am too old to ever be thin.
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I've never been thin. I don't really want to be, either. :)
    Well said.

Ex-315lb "fat boy".
  • fiferize
    fiferize Posts: 141
    Options
    I agree, I have never been thin either. My mom's family was all very large or obese and my sister and I got those genes we've been told. My father and brother skinny as a rail! I don't want to be skinny, but thin enough to look healthy vs. obese. When I first started my mission to get there I was at 311 I got down to 216 then back to 260. Today I am 251.4 and rockin the JJ Virgin Diet plan. I love this lifestyle change. It's really doing the job.
  • 1987RFS
    1987RFS Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I was pudgy as a toddler. Got overweight as a kid and became fat in middle school. Then in high school I became obese (over 300 lbs) and haven't changed much since then.
  • Shanel0916
    Shanel0916 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I have never been thin, would to know what it feels like to be not only thin but fit and muscular!
  • gr8pillock
    gr8pillock Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I'm there. I'm already proving it to be nurture versus nature though. I'm a foot taller than the rest of the females in my family and 100lbs lighter now. It can be done, but yeah...still working on actually getting down to my goal of really being healthy.
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    Always been a bit chubby until now. I have a small frame, so anything but real low weight look chubby on me. Was 140lbs my senior year at 5'4 & was still chubby. This weight is new territory to me.
  • fizzletto
    fizzletto Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I was always considered a 'healthy weight' as a child, but I was never 'thin' or 'skinny'. I was slightly chubby as a teenager, but barely. Only gained weight when I was 16. Now, I'm thin, and for the first time ever, I am the thin friend. I have a mental checklist of all of my friends and I'm slowly working my way down the list until I'm the FITTEST one!
  • knrenner4
    Options
    That's me!! I have never been, but my goal...not necessarily to be thin, but to become more healthy and fit! My husband and I really want to strive to do this for ourselves so that when we have children we can pass that lifestyle on to them :)
  • FirstCoastLisa
    Options
    I never have, even in high school I was a size 10/12.

My ex boyfriend just told me this past weekend that i''ll "never be skinny".

Aiming for a size 8, just to see what it feels like. Like a weird science experiment for my body.

As for the ex's comments, I hope that spurs you on to the point that either one the next time he sees you he realizes what a mistake he made or that two, the next time he sees you he wants to avoid being alone with you because it concerns him that you will kick his *kitten*...or both!

Skinny isn't a goal as much as I think healthy, radiant and beautiful are. You got this one!!
  • DaphneMay81
    Options
    Same here, I was a normal weight as a baby and toddler but started putting on weight around the age of 5. I was a fat child (but I was also tall), it kind of evened out as a teenager. I started yo-yo dieting when I was 17, I always put the weight back on plus some more. It has always been a struggle :ohwell:
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I'm at my thinnest I've ever been, for the first time in my entire life I am not over weight or obese. It can be done!!! I use to think I was big boned, but honestly, I have a small frame.
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Never in my life have I been thin. I was always the "fat one" with the pretty face in my family and constantly compared by family members to my thinner cousins. At parties all the kids would get ice cream and one of my fam members would give me fruit and tell me I couldn't have any birthday cake because I was too chubby. I was put on weight watchers by the time I was 8 years old. Anyway I'm not here to discuss the plight of the fat girl I'm just putting in my two cents. No I've never been thin, and realistically I probably won't ever be and I'm fine with that I just want to be less fat for health, confidence, and vanity reasons.
  • NuclearMosquito
    NuclearMosquito Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I haven't. I even put in my profile that I want to see what it's like to be a normal weight. I can remember one November (specifically while Christmas shopping) at around age 14 I squeezed into a size 12 skirt after losing about 15 pounds. By Christmas day, it no longer fit.
  • SmilesIowa
    Options
    I was called fat in Kindergarten (even though I think I was just taller) and I went on my first diet in 4th grade - so pretty much my whole life. It makes me sad just writing that!
  • Stinaa91
    Stinaa91 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I fall into this category. -_- can't waittt.
  • changingforthegood
    Options
    i have never yet been thin.. but i will be before this year is up.. and the genetic "line" is bull... if i would of just not forced food down my throat i would of never been that heavy.