Boyfriend is a Job Jumper

Options

Replies

• AyaKara
    AyaKara Posts: 220
    Options
    A lifelong career will never be open for him. Employers for careers hate job-hoppers. I really hope that he gets his act together for the sake of your relationship, but I hope that you find your own happiness & aren't stuck taking care of someone whom isn't your parent, sibling, or child for the rest of your life.
  • XtyAnn17
    XtyAnn17 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    sounds like a loser, sorry, dump him. you think its bad now? imagine being married to him and having to support him because he has issues.

^^this
  • BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY
    BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    You already know the answer, kiddo.
  • nikkijoshua
    nikkijoshua Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I married a job jumper and it was extremely stressful. He eventually got to a point where he just stopped working all together which caused our separation. We're divorced now. I realize now that he switched jobs so frequently because he really didn't want to work. At first, he would leave one and go right to another, but as time went on, the time between jobs got longer and longer until he just decided he didn't have to work. He told me he was not going to work anymore. We lost our home and I left him. Of course, my advice is to you is to leave him like yesterday. It's not worth it.
  • rebecca_florida
    rebecca_florida Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    he should get a job where he can tell people how to interview for a job. Apparantly, he is good at it

LOL , exactly. He sounds like a charmer.
  • ClarkAddison
    ClarkAddison Posts: 86 Member
    Options

He says "I will never let a job define me". Uhhh, okayy?

He isn't. He is defined by his inability to keep one.
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    The Main thing that I require from My Husband is that He Supports Me & Our Kids 100% of the time. Financially AND Emotionally, he HAS TO "Be There" for us.
    Can you really Trust him to take care of your Needs, much Less the Needs of a Baby? If not, I'd say cut your ties before it gets any harder.
  • ClarkAddison
    ClarkAddison Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    [Um... are you sure he's really HAD these jobs?
    Saw a woman on Dr. Phil the other day - her husband FAKED having a job for over a year.... would call/text her on his supposed "breaks" and on his "lunches"....... no joke.

Why would he keep quitting jobs he doesn't have?
  • DamnImASexyBitch
    DamnImASexyBitch Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    So over 2 years he has had 7 crappy fast food~esque jobs without any hope of doing something more. What's your question? He sounds like a loser.
  • stormtruck2
    stormtruck2 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    You need/want a MAN, not a boy in the costume of a 30 year old guy. If he doesn't care enough about you to want to take care of you, then he doesn't love you, only the sex. Their are many great men out there who are looking for a really good woman to marry, raise kids and grow old together with. They just don't have a lot of time to look for a woman bcause they work 40+ hours a week, spend a few hours a month paying their bills, maintaining their house and vehicles and generally being responsable men. Find yourself one. They are worth keeping because they love and give, not use and take.

As to the original question, people jump job to job because they are lazy. It is different than moving from job to job every couple of years with each new job being a step up. But job to job in the fast food business is just laziness.

Go forth young lady and find yourself a real man, leave them kids in mens bodies alone!
  • FitnessPalWorks
    FitnessPalWorks Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    [Um... are you sure he's really HAD these jobs?
    Saw a woman on Dr. Phil the other day - her husband FAKED having a job for over a year.... would call/text her on his supposed "breaks" and on his "lunches"....... no joke.

Why would he keep quitting jobs he doesn't have?

So he could sleep in for a week? I have no idea.
    All I know is she says he pays his bills, for all she knows he could be out all day selling drugs, not managing burger joints.
    Just sayin'......
  • MaryB2
    MaryB2 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    It could be that he hasn't found the right job. I learned bookkeeping shortly out of high school and am good at it so those are the jobs I was able to easily get. I don't really enjoy it so I would switch companies hoping the next one would be better. I eventually got a job bookkeeping at a swimming pool company and after about 6 months I talked them into letting me try swimming pool maintenance. I LOVED it and did that for 4 years. I was really good at it and wound up being the one they would send to the customers that were mad, I could usually fix the problem. I'm pretty sure they only let me try to shut me up not really thinking I could do it. It's extremely hard work and not anything I had ever even thought about doing. I was also in the best shape of my life, if you look at my pics the ones where I was in shape were during those 4 years. Unfortunately I'm now being treated for cancer and cannot do physical labor. Once I get through this I'm hoping to get back to that kind of work. Maybe he just needs to find something he loves.
  • RotterdamNL
    RotterdamNL Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    So over 2 years he has had 7 crappy fast food~esque jobs without any hope of doing something more. What's your question? He sounds like a loser.
    You act like one, jeez.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Without reading the rest of the comments.. I have to say..

In this economy it's not exactly easy to get a job. It says a lot about somebodys maturity to not be able to hold a job.

You really need to think of what's going to happen if he all the sudden wants to quit you, years later when you are married with kid.
  • Hirgy03
    Hirgy03 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    He'll change after you're married.

Cannot let this gem go without having its proper due
  • hearthemelody
    hearthemelody Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    I want updates!
  • brandiwells1
    brandiwells1 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Did you break up with him?
  • abentrup
    abentrup Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    flip the script and QUIT that mofo!
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Lol. He has actually already worked at Sonic as a GM. Thats the thing... he's 30 years old and has probably had 100 jobs in his life! Its freaking crazy.

^^^^ :noway: Yikes! Sorry hun, this one is NOT a keeper! Unless you want to wind up working your *kitten* off to support the both of you....dump him!
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options

He says "I will never let a job define me". Uhhh, okayy?

He isn't. He is defined by his inability to keep one.

^^^^Yes! Awesome response!