How many here have "never been thin"

Options

Replies

• kimcalica
    kimcalica Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I'm a member of this club. Started gaining In junior high. I can't wait to get to my goal weight! I'm really on my way!
  • michael_m1989
    michael_m1989 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Yup, me!
  • aeg176
    aeg176 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I've always been the biggest one in my group of friends. In high school I used to think I was huge but now looking back on pictures, I would kill to be that size again! (And I was like a size 14/16)

I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU MEAN I WAS LOOKING AT PICS A FEW WEEKS BACK AND WOULD KILL TO BE THAT SIZE AGAIN!
  • majica8
    majica8 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I was a thin child I guess, although don't remember it much. Once I hit 10-11 I started getting bigger. Not fat really, just bigger. I don't remember much of my childhood for some reason. Turned into just being overweight by 13-14 and been that way ever since.
  • MissACC
    MissACC Posts: 11
    Options
    I've been heavy since I was 5! I don't know what my "real" body looks like Looking forward to finding out!
  • sofitheteacup
    sofitheteacup Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I'm in this group as well. I was always chubby growing up and then suddenly it was more than chubby. My mother often said that it was easier to not gain than to lose, and she was right... Even though it's my fault, sometimes I'm angry that she didn't do more to try to control my eating or provide healthier food when I was growing up. But I've learned a lot on the journey to get where I am now, and I feel like I appreciate it more than if it had been natural and/or effortless. Lets not lie though, childhood probably would have been way better and there might not be as many negative memories.
    A mean little part of me though, likes that I am now at a comparable weight and more fit than the rest of my family now though.
  • MouseTmom
    MouseTmom Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I was pretty thin until about 3rd or 4th grade. After that I was always one of the bigger kids in my class. I remember thinking I was fat in high school but now looking back I would love to be that "fat" again. I remember my Sr. Prom dress was a size 15.
  • undermajorconstruction
    Options
    bump
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I WAS thin until I went to college. The sad thing is I thought I was fat since I was raised to think I'm...
  • m8605
    m8605 Posts: 102
    Options
    Never really been thin persay. I was a bit curvy for a period time in high school and then I gained it all in undergrad college living in a different state, not being able to cook, and just eating what I wanted and not exercising.
  • WhoIsAmber
    WhoIsAmber Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Me, I was healthier as a teenager; I off-road mountain biked for hours every day, but I was still overweight. I've been fat all my life.
  • HandyASH
    HandyASH Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I have big for enough years to almost think I will never lose the weight.
  • JinxRita
    JinxRita Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I haven't been a healthy weight since sometime in my childhood. I'm really looking forward to the "real" me someday!
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    In grade school the boys called me Grape Ape

grapeape_zps7c199da6.jpeg
  • Freidon
    Freidon Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    My brother's always been able to eat as much as he wants and never gain weight. He takes after my mom's side of the family, who are naturally thin despite unhealthy eating habits. My father's side of the family, however, doesn't have a single post-puberty girl lower than 140 lbs. They all vary from 140-170. Guess which side I take after?

It's finally catching up with him, though. He's finally reached the age where his metabolism is slowing down. I can't help but feel a little smug hearing him complain about the same things he never believed me about....and not hearing him make fun of my "health nut crap" anymore.

Note: I'm still not thin, by any means, but I've learned to control my diet and maintain a healthy weight. Large frame, German genetics....I don't anticipate buying in the petite section. Ever.
  • Taylorxxlynne
    Taylorxxlynne Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I've never been thin..it sucks. Can't wait to see what I actually look like and to be healthy!
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I was thin for one year after I had the gastric band surgery, but I gained most of that weight back. At 6'2, I have NEVER been told, 'You should be a model,' even once. I remember what I feels like to be thin for that year, but I did also attract a total creep and had the worst breakup of my life. I think part of me thought it was safer to be fat. But, I'm on my way to being thin again. I'm only 20lbs away from my lowest weight as an adult and when I get below that, I will be at a weight I haven't been in 18 years. I can't wait!!!
  • erika0430
    Options
    I was just thinking about that the other day
    I have been heavy my entire adult life!
  • 1Kristine1
    1Kristine1 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Maybe when I was 6.
  • Swethington00
    Options
    As far back as I can remember I have been the "big guy" or have never been thin. I just want to experience it. I don't want to buy into that anymore or what your family says, things like "" you just have "our build" or genetics""

It sux to alway believe that

Never have but I will!!!