what bothers you when you go shopping?

Options

Replies

• JanelleSonnenberg1
    JanelleSonnenberg1 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I really don't like going to cosco, showing the lady at the door my membership card, then having to STOP because the person infront of me could not move to the side to put their card away!!! MOVE!...!

One of these days I'm going to have to just run into them..but really..move over a few feet so everyone behind you can get into the store..gr!
  • Terasome
    Terasome Posts: 3,808 Member
    Options
    I really don't like going to cosco, showing the lady at the door my membership card, then having to STOP because the person infront of me could not move to the side to put their card away!!! MOVE!...!

One of these days I'm going to have to just run into them..but really..move over a few feet so everyone behind you can get into the store..gr!

I must agree! Costco is new in Australia and still a bit of an amusement for people.
  • TropicalFlowerz
    TropicalFlowerz Posts: 1,990 Member
    Options
    When I see parents snapping at their tired,hungry,cranky toddlers...between 12noon and 3pm,Hello!!!,..it's "NAP TIME!!!"
    And they didn't wanna shop for an our at Walmart anyway!! Stop yelling at them ,givem ,love,lunch and a nap and Please go home!! We don't wanna hear their screams either!,thank you and have a good day.
    Signed Smart Mom:smile:
  • KittyViolet
    KittyViolet Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    As a customer:
    - People blocking up grocery store aisles with their carts because they're apparently the only damn customer in the fracking store.
    - People blocking up exits and entrances with their bodies to stop and chitchat with one another
    - People leaving their grocery store "snacks" all over the shelves (yes, I have seen half eaten, rotten fruit stashed away in shelves. Really, people???)
    - People walking slower than snails in the middle of the parking lot lanes while us cars are CLEARLY trying to get through!

As an employee:
    - Customers complaining about the size of their drink. You want a bleeping extra ventee crappucino? You know where to go. NOT HERE.
    - Customers complaining about the VERY lenient dress code. This is a golf course, not a strip club. Get. Out.
    - Customers complaining about the price of specially handcrafted cultural artifacts using techniques passed down from generation to generation. I don't care if you can buy 5 hair barettes for $1 at Wal-Mart. Go to bloody Wal-Mart.
    - Customers acting like t*** waffles because "golf cart" is only 2 letters away from "go-kart".
    - Children sticking their grubby little mitts all over my precious merchandise. Seriously. Listen to your mother the first time and get your fingers OUT OF THE DESSERTS!!! My boyfriend suggests using higher tables. I think we need electric fences.

/rant
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options

- Children sticking their grubby little mitts all over my precious merchandise. Seriously. Listen to your mother the first time and get your fingers OUT OF THE DESSERTS!!! My boyfriend suggests using higher tables. I think we need electric fences.

/rant

Bwaha! i almost snorted my drink through my nose. :laugh:
  • sm1zzle
    sm1zzle Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I speak mainly about shopping during income tax season...

It drives me crazy when people buy 8 pairs of sneakers from Foot Locker and then tell their kid(s) they can't have anything.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    It bothers me when I'm trying to buy a french silk pie, and they're out of them. :angry:
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    I speak mainly about shopping during income tax season...

It drives me crazy when people buy 8 pairs of sneakers from Foot Locker and then tell their kid(s) they can't have anything.

Wow! That's just evil. The kids are probably the reason for the big refund anyway.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    When a family with two adults has a small child who is in full screaming melt down but they don't have one of them take the child outside to the car to calm down. It's stress inducing for the other shoppers and bad for the child.

Im going to assume you and the people this bothers dont have kids.

You cant always just take them to the bathroom or outside to calm down- they dont always calm down and they are in such a fit they dont want to listen anyway. sometimes the fit is from a bad mood, lack of nap/sleep, sickness, not getting a toy or food, etc. Who are YOU to judge?

<-- mom of 3.

If there are *two* adults, what's the problem? My husband always took the kids out of the store if they threw a fit. (And by the way, it didn't happen after the kids figured out the consequences of acting up in public.)
  • bettacheckyoself
    Options
    When the mirrors are outside of the change room.
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    when i reach for a cart and its got trash in it left from the previous person....then i reach for another cart and its also got trash in it...then i turn around and see someone looking at me weirdly.....like im super picky about my shopping cart.

when i see a whole tub of icecream left in....the women's wear section.

people walking right in the middle of the aisle and stopping to text.

but really...the worst is when im ALWAYS getting caught looking at underwear...by a guy!! With my hands inside the bra cups :sad: :blushing:
  • samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    When people stop right in front of you & pushy sales people. I have worked retail and I understand how they are trained to sell, but it really grinds my gear when I go in a store for jeans and they are suggesting a whole outfit for me and then proceed to try and bring me a shirt to try on with the jeans. Listen, I JUST WANT THE JEANS THANKS.
  • twentytwelve12
    twentytwelve12 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    When people stand in your way blocking the isle
    When people just stop right in front of you and not move
    Getting stuck in the line
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    crowds especially when its people walking slow/standing around. Im a girl on a mission and i walk quickly.
  • JustANumber85
    JustANumber85 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    When a family with two adults has a small child who is in full screaming melt down but they don't have one of them take the child outside to the car to calm down. It's stress inducing for the other shoppers and bad for the child.

You cant always just take them to the bathroom or outside to calm down- they dont always calm down and they are in such a fit they dont want to listen anyway. sometimes the fit is from a bad mood, lack of nap/sleep, sickness, not getting a toy or food, etc. Who are YOU to judge?

<-- mom of 3.

Who am I to judge? I'm the woman with the child who would go absolutely ballistic out of the blue for years *everywhere*, full on beat my arms black and blue and scream things like "I want to tear this whole house down!". I'm the woman who had to have a plan for who would take the child out to the car and who would complete the mission we were on no matter where we went. I'm the woman who spent years wondering what the hell we were doing so very wrong in how we parented. I'm the woman who wept with anger and relief when the child was finally diagnosed at age 8 with ultradian cycling bipolar disorder after the child had an episode of pressured speech in the psychiatrist's office that triggered more precise testing.

That's who I am. The woman who did her level best to ensure that MY child didn't stress out everyone else when we were in public - no matter why that child was going nuts.

ok? I wasnt saying that AGAINST anyone except those people it bothered. i was stating sometimes there literally is NOTHING you can do.

calm down.
  • Raw_Bean
    Raw_Bean Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    People.

LOL...that sounds anti-social. :laugh:
  • Raw_Bean
    Raw_Bean Posts: 293 Member
    Options

- People who can't park (take up 4 spots)

we ALL should bring some chalk with us all the time!

tumblr_m4hsqtqXyy1qzbs6po1_r1_500.jpg

OMG THIS IS AWESOME!!!
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    So, I'm waiting for the elevator with my shopping bags and my stroller with my 6-month old baby and it's taking forever...

The doors open and out walk two perfectly able bodied 20-somethings. Right next to the elevators? Fully operational *escalators*. I'm sorry, but was it too much for you to go down an escalator?

I get in the elevator, and more seemingly able-bodied adults ask me to hold the door so they could crowd in, too.

Are people truly this lazy?
  • CarmenSRT
    CarmenSRT Posts: 843 Member
    Options

<-- mom of 3.

Who am I to judge? I'm the woman with the child who would go absolutely ballistic out of the blue for years *everywhere*, full on beat my arms black and blue and scream things like "I want to tear this whole house down!". I'm the woman who had to have a plan for who would take the child out to the car and who would complete the mission we were on no matter where we went. I'm the woman who spent years wondering what the hell we were doing so very wrong in how we parented. I'm the woman who wept with anger and relief when the child was finally diagnosed at age 8 with ultradian cycling bipolar disorder after the child had an episode of pressured speech in the psychiatrist's office that triggered more precise testing.

That's who I am. The woman who did her level best to ensure that MY child didn't stress out everyone else when we were in public - no matter why that child was going nuts.

ok? I wasnt saying that AGAINST anyone except those people it bothered. i was stating sometimes there literally is NOTHING you can do.

calm down.

I WAS the original person it bothered. Therefore you addressed your statement to me. I answered. If there are two adults (as I stated) there IS something that can be done. One of them can remove the child from the store. Simple.
  • purrywinkle
    Options
    That everything's not free.