have anyone used the menstrual cup

Options

Replies

• Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    I bought mine on ebay for $12.00. Came with an adorable satin carry bag too :P

Please tell me it wasn't used...

you can sanitize them and they are fine to sell used. I bought mine brand new but you can re-sell them.

Tell me your %^&* joking.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options

you can sanitize them and they are fine to sell used. I bought mine brand new but you can re-sell them.

awwww....come on...it came with an adorable satin bag too....how CAN you resist that....

used or no?
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    Scared to try it but I'm curious.
  • red_road
    red_road Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    i use one. if anyone has any questions feel free to message me
  • HisangelG
    HisangelG Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    TMI alert.
    I'm a very heavy bleeder and it lasts 7 days. Menstrual cups have saved my life, really. Tampons are just not enough for my periods, and I'm allergic to almost every pad out there. (Something about the rayon used, with a tampon, it's only the string which is rayon. No allergic reactions at all with the cups.)

I've been using Instead since 1997. I swear by it.
  • CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    How do you know when it needs to be emptied, without checking it? What if you wait too long, will it start to leak? I'd constantly be paranoid and want to wear a pad with it too just in case.
  • joannier16
    Options
    You would return it if you didnt like it? Used?
  • Smiling_Sara
    Smiling_Sara Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    You would return it if you didnt like it? Used?

Highly doubt you can return cups because of the nature of what it is
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    Not a fan and the public bathroom situation sounds like a biohazard.

Changing them in the toilet is one thing... taking them to the sink to wash them? That's not cool. At all. Not even a little.
  • ravenchick
    ravenchick Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Never heard of it. Just sounds weird..Lol! I'll have to google it ;-)

^^ This lol
  • Munjoyhillgal
    Munjoyhillgal Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have used one for about 8 years and totally love it. It does not hurt and it does not leak. I would never go back to using anything else.
  • Punkin7411
    Punkin7411 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I no longer need any of this "equipment" but this is the grossest-sounding thing I've ever heard of!!! Blech!
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    LOVE LOVE LOVE My deva cup! I will never go back. Once I learned how to do it, I just empty once a day (I'm pretty light flow) in the shower, wash it, put it back. It doesn't hurt if you're doing it right! I did cut the stem to almost gone though, I found otherwise it poked me. I can't even feel it when it's in. I've only had it leak three times, once when I hadn't placed it properly (it should turn easily if it's in right), once when I was a bit heavier flow and should have changed it earlier, and once when I tried some yoga and ab exercises... next time I'd wear backup to make sure. Would highly recommend it if you're comfortable with yourself!
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    Practical Q.

How would you use this in a public restroom situation, Like at work or out and about you have to take it to the sink in front of everyone to wash it? Or how does that work?

Sorry i know this is a pretty direct Q, just wondering how I could make something like that work

you would empty it into the loo, and then you could either wipe it with the toilet tissue, or use a feminine hygene wet wipe/baby wipe.
  • CM9178
    Options
    LOVE LOVE LOVE My deva cup! I will never go back. Once I learned how to do it, I just empty once a day (I'm pretty light flow) in the shower, wash it, put it back. It doesn't hurt if you're doing it right! I did cut the stem to almost gone though, I found otherwise it poked me. I can't even feel it when it's in. I've only had it leak three times, once when I hadn't placed it properly (it should turn easily if it's in right), once when I was a bit heavier flow and should have changed it earlier, and once when I tried some yoga and ab exercises... next time I'd wear backup to make sure. Would highly recommend it if you're comfortable with yourself!
    So if it is possible that it may leak if left in too long, or you move the wrong way, what's the point? you'd still have to wear a pad to be safe. I don't want any possible accidents. At least with a pad or tampon I know there's no chance for an accident - I've NEVER had an accident with a tampon or pad.
  • CM9178
    Options
    Not a fan and the public bathroom situation sounds like a biohazard.

Changing them in the toilet is one thing... taking them to the sink to wash them? That's not cool. At all. Not even a little.
    I completely agree. Washing it in a public sink is disgusting.
  • JustANumber85
    JustANumber85 Posts: 644 Member
    Options

No im not- You can buy them used. Not full of blood or anything but used. lol. Just wash it. Ive bought used cloth diapers and cloth pads- doesnt mean they come with blood and poop on them. JUST WASH THEM.

Cindy- the same way you know to change a tampon, how do you know that needs changed?

and NO washing it in the sink is not gross. Youve already dumped the waste-
  • Ericaalicia0608
    Ericaalicia0608 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    What!? a cup?? This sounds amazing...<Google-ing as we speak>
  • Ericaalicia0608
    Ericaalicia0608 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    IUD problems?
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    P.S. can you pee with it in or do you have to take it out every time?

wait.. what?