For ladies who EAT (a lot) and are actually losing weight

Options

Replies

• blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I am at 2100 calories but I am breastfeeding right now too. I have been steadily losing and hope it continues
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    not trying to lose weight but i eat 1700-2200 cals and still somewhat losing. im also 5'2 btw and 56 kilos or 24 lbs.
  • karibj2010
    karibj2010 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I just recalculated my TDEE and BMR and it says I should be eating 1993 calories, so I'm going to boost up my calories and try to eat this many. I've been eating way less than this and with exercise not any where close to this amount. So we will see.
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Not try to lose anymore, maintained almost 2 yrs. Eat 1600-2000 daily, and Sundays 2300+. Always worked for me. Lift heavy 3 x week cardio few times week and fooooood;-) Good food,high protein. Check this group out:-) A ton of great info and people who Eat and lose.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/3817-eat-more-to-weigh-less
  • sarahevenstar
    sarahevenstar Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Love this thread! Sometimes I feel like the only one eating this much. =) After a quick 10 pound loss and then plateauing at 1600 cal a day, I'm now eating 2000-2200 a day and steadily losing after reading the "in place of a road map" thread. Feel free to add me if you're looking for more friends.
  • bluelena
    bluelena Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Just want to point out that there are WAY more women in this forum that I would like to look like than the ones posting in the "please let's be hungry and eat 1200 calories together" posts. Thanks for the inspiration girls, just confirming that we are all doing something right. Eat on!

xo

:drinker:

My goal is to be strong, not skinny! :smokin:

ME TOO. I'm adding some of y'all.
  • JustAGirlyGeek
    JustAGirlyGeek Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • tallvanurse
    tallvanurse Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I've been exercising and eating about 1200 calories a day. The scale is not moving nearly as fast as I'd like to. Thinking I might not be getting enough calories. The app allows me almost 1800 in order to lose weight. I might need to eat a little more.... What do you all think?
  • tbellamy1
    tbellamy1 Posts: 353
    Options
    2k+ a day and 1 lb a week!
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I've been exercising and eating about 1200 calories a day. The scale is not moving nearly as fast as I'd like to. Thinking I might not be getting enough calories. The app allows me almost 1800 in order to lose weight. I might need to eat a little more.... What do you all think?

Yes, definitely eat more. A larger deficit does not always translate to larger loses, and often leads to very long plateaus. For much more information on how many calories you should be eating (and why you should be eating every last one allowed):

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819055-setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets
  • donnamfreitagross
    Options
    I have just started same range and height, I will let you know!!
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I eat 2000 per day, I've lost 42 pounds.

Three pounds away from my goal weight - not a moment of hunger :)
  • bekdavis
    bekdavis Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MrsB123111
    MrsB123111 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    5'4", 29 years old (well... on Monday I will be), 154lbs. Set to lose 0.5lb/week at 1550 calories/day without exercise. I usually eat 6 small meals a day; usually 1300-1900 calories a day depending on workouts. I lift twice a week and do cardio 4 days a week. I have lost about 11 pounds since July with this regimen...
  • Kazimira
    Kazimira Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    You are all inspiring! Thank you :)
  • Klem4
    Klem4 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I was eating 1400+exercise cals (which I didn't always eat back, probably netting too low), I upped it to 1700 in December, and started losing again, 6lbs since then! FINALLY!! I'm a firm believer now in eating ENOUGH!! I plan to start more weight training soon, and will probably up it to 1800-1900, since my TDEE is about 2200-2300. oh, im 5'6''
  • BrittaneyHG
    BrittaneyHG Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    1560 :)
  • Healthy_4_Life2
    Healthy_4_Life2 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • JBcat123
    JBcat123 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I eat 1900 cals a day. I just started to work out and my intake now is higher like 2,300 but I cut back by 50 percent since this site sometimes overestimates the calorie intake as some people told me. I can't eat 2,300 ....kind of a lot for me but I can eat 1900 cals and loose . I lost 7 lbs so far. just started loosing weight and I don't feel hungry.
  • Victoria2448
    Victoria2448 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I eat a ton!
    My friend looks at my meals and thinks they are for the whole family...nope all mine!:laugh: