For ladies who EAT (a lot) and are actually losing weight

Options

Replies

• lcallbaugh
    Options
    I'm 5'3". It took me a few months to figure out what calories worked well for me. I eat about 1700-1800 on rest days and about 2000 on workout days. I lift heavy 2days/wk on the third day heavy lifting combined with some low weight/high rep lifts. Also do some sort of HIIT cardio after the lifting sessions. Will decrease cardio as my BF% decreases.
    I only weigh myself 1-2/month. The scale is discouraging for me.....BUT measurements have continued to drop!!
    My weight loss is very slow, but I am a happier person this way than eating very few calories. I feel amazing and have tons of energy!
  • JBcat123
    JBcat123 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Just want to point out that there are WAY more women in this forum that I would like to look like than the ones posting in the "please let's be hungry and eat 1200 calories together" posts. Thanks for the inspiration girls, just confirming that we are all doing something right. Eat on!

xo

:drinker:

My goal is to be strong, not skinny! :smokin:

me too!!! <3
  • ebaymommy
    ebaymommy Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Just want to point out that there are WAY more women in this forum that I would like to look like than the ones posting in the "please let's be hungry and eat 1200 calories together" posts. Thanks for the inspiration girls, just confirming that we are all doing something right. Eat on!

xo

:drinker:

My goal is to be strong, not skinny! :smokin:

Heck yeah!

I'm 34 (well, for a few more weeks anyway) years old, 5'5" and weigh around 130 right now (just got done with a 4 month bulk, was around 123 most of last year). I'm eating around 2000/day and I think that actually may be too low for me for my cut cycle....we'll see. I'm down about 4lb in the last 11 days but a lot of that was bloating from the holidays and TOM. I'll give it a couple more weeks and see what happens.

Later this spring I'll really have some fun eating when my marathon training schedule ramps up. Last year during training I ate 2500-3000 a day and still lost about 1lb a month.

More food is better....and more fun....and tastier!
  • ourglasswalls
    ourglasswalls Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4". I eat 1600 to 1800 a day to lose slowly ( as I'm towards the end :) ) I lift and do cardio.
  • ebaymommy
    ebaymommy Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I eat a ton!
    My friend looks at my meals and thinks they are for the whole family...nope all mine!:laugh:

LOL....love it!
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    It's so refreshing to see a post like this.

Instead of:

-low carb vegetarian foods?
    -zero/negative calorie foods?
    -no fat foods?
    -800 calorie friends?
    -help, I'm starving myself but I'm not losing weight!
    -help, I'm hungry all the time (on my 800 calorie, low fat diet)!
    -help, I have no willpower (too keep starving and over-exercising)!

And many, many more... lol
  • caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I'm 38 and around 5'5". I eat in the 1800 range most days to maintain. I exercise 5 days a week with 3 being lifting days and am trying to steadily increase my weights. I might up my calories soon though because I've been feeling pretty hungry lately.
  • kabel4892
    kabel4892 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Im 5' 7" and weigh 155. I eat about my goal is 1700 a day, but when I work out I eat back my exercise calories so i NET about 1700. I've lost .6 lbs so far, but I just started working out a few weeks ago. I think once I add in some weight training the number will move, but I do feel like im toning up already even with out the number going down. Anyone can add me. I need some friends who eat like I do! :)
  • adenium11
    adenium11 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Im 5'8-5'9 depending on the day and the measuring device..lol I was eating around the 1700 cals and my body went into starvation mode.. 14 days of working my *kitten* off and eating so healthy I got no where.. Upped my calories under a Trainers advice.. to 2300.. 3 lbs in 3 days gone! So I definitely need more fuel to lose weight and Thats fine by me! As long as Im healthy and losing im good!
  • lawtechie
    lawtechie Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I'm ~1650, 5'4 with 40+ to lose. Diary is open if you want to see what I've been eating. I do need to watch the sodium though as blood pressure has been going up. Freezer of old food is nearly gone at which point I'm doing my own cooking/seasoning.
  • kimers321
    Options
    Love seeing all these posts, new to the site and still learning my way around, but have to agree that when I cut my calories too low I end up hungry all the time and gaining weight! Will be trying some of the tools to figure what my TDEE is and go from there.
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    5'11

I'm supposed to have 2200 a day but some days I barely get in 1800...some days it's 1300. I'm losing. Workout days/lifting days I def eat 2400-2500 and still lose.
  • i eat 1700-2000 calories it is already noon and i have eat 1100 calories lol.

i burn 1000-1500 calories a day working out sometimes more, so I have to eat to keep my body going. starvation mode doesnt work for me
  • kimers321
    Options
    What is In place of a road map I have read about?
  • daggs95
    daggs95 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1 and eat around 2000 a day and losing. I am very active and muscular so my TDEE is 2600-3000 a day. I workout 4-5 days a week on an elipitical, lift weights (the Rack), yoga, wii fit for fun :) I have been losing now that I am eating enough, balanced my hormones, and when I get enough sleep
  • PrettyPearl88
    PrettyPearl88 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I like to eat! I'll admit it! I can't keep up 1200 diets. I seriously can't understand how some people are capable of keeping that up. I feel shaky and weak at 1200/day. If I keep that up for more than like a week and add in exercise too, then I feel faint, dizzy, sick, and nauseous. I *KNOW* that can't be healthy lol!

I usually eat anywhere from 1400 to 1900 calories a day, depending on how I'm feeling, how much sleep I got the night before (I'm always hungrier when I get less sleep), how active I am during the day, whether I work out or not, etc. If I work out, I usually eat somewhere around 1800, but sometimes as much as 1900 or 2000. If I'm not that active, I tend to eat in the 1400-1600 range, usually around 1500. It's a very rare occasion where I would eat less than 1300/day.

I've been slowly and consistently losing weight for over 2 years now, so this seems to be working for me.

How do you know what to set yours too. I'm 5"4 inches tall and 183 pounds.? all of you can add me. I would like to try this with you. on Starting Sunday.
    There are a couple different ways. There's a formula you can use to calculate an approximation of how much you burn on average in day and then how much less you should eat to lose weight. Someone in this thread posted some links to threads that explain that and give those formulas. Alternatively, you could use a device that monitors your activity level and makes an approximate calculation of your daily burn for you. I personally use Fitbit and I love it! Its calculations seems consistent with other calculations I've done using various formulas as well, so I think it's fairly accurate.

By the way, your stats are almost exactly what mine were when I started losing about two years ago. I'm 5'4" and when I started I was 178 lbs. Good luck and keep at it! You can do it too!

I believe in the eat to lose method and are strongly against shakes, pills and any diet that cuts out whole food groups. If you cant give up a specific food for the rest of you life, DO NOT give it up now. This is about learning how to eat a healthy lifestyle and not denying yourself things you love. It puts too much of a negative spin on it.

Just my 2 cents ;)
    Amen! That's what I live by and that's been my motto for losing weight! If I can't keep x up for the rest of my life, I won't do it! I try to keep things realistic, reasonable, and flexible. I'm making permanent changes to my lifestyle, not just temporarily "fad dieting" to fit in some dress by some date. Losing weight (and keeping it off) is a marathon, not a sprint! I never starve or deprive myself and I make sure to indulge occasionally, even sweets and fast food lol! I just do everything in moderation! I've lost 42 lbs so far and I'm still losing.
  • missmiller1
    missmiller1 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Iron_Duchess
    Iron_Duchess Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    1650 cals a day and allow an extra 150 to 200 during the weekend when I'm more active. Losing about 0.5lbs a week, not fast but steady, plus 1650 is my "happy place" were I feel satisfied, with energy for my day and workouts, and have some room for anything additional if I want to.
  • leenie96
    Options
    I've only recently upped my calories for about a week now, but I feel so much better! I am 5'1.5 (yes, I count that half an inch lol) I eat between 1600-1800 calories a day.

It seems to be working :)
  • meghan6867
    meghan6867 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I started at 1200... but couldn't maintain it. So I started bumping it up, first to 1340... now to 1500 (and I always try to eat back my exercise calories... which most days puts me over 2000).

I've lost 55 lbs doing this so far.. Yay for food! :happy: