40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,983 Member
    Options
    Sorry about your cold, sdereski....my husband had the tummy flu (like all of us) on NYDay, and somehow he caught a nasty cold on top of THAT! Grrrrrrrrrrr....as long as he's healthy when we leave for Mexico on Thursday, I DON'T CARE!

I'll get back to clean eating on Jan. 18th! In Mexico, I'm just going to "be".

I am going to lift today, and Wednesday, and then my Mexico vacay will be a scheduled "rest" week from lifting, too. I NEED ONE!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Alrighty, got my weight-training done....felt warm all over, afterward (a *good* warm!).

I'm off to get a pedicure....am treating my daughter to one, as well. My toes are gonna look good for Mexico, hers?? Well, for bed, I guess, lol!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Beeps - so excited for you - you're down below the 150 mark, you are off to Mexico for a great vacation..a well deserved one at that!!

I am still struggling with this horrible cold. Missed work yesterday morning as a result. Did not workout yesterday, thought the rest would be better. Rough night again last night - up through the night coughing. Not sure if I will get a workout in today or not...amy take another rest day.

Hope the rest of you cool kids are rockin the workouts!!:flowerforyou:
  • Vince_1964
    Vince_1964 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    48 ... my 18-year old daughter thinks I'm cool ... been here since last March and down about 23 lbs to date. Getting back on track after the holidays!
  • Groovyca2022
    Groovyca2022 Posts: 21,378 Member
    Options
    45 and not cool to the kids but FUN !! Feel free to send me a friend request. :bigsmile:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    My husband has a terrible (similar) cold to you, sdereski! It's terrible! And, because I don't want to catch it, I've been staying far, far away from him this week! And, I'm missing him something TERRIBLE, so I sure hope he gets better, soon, and that Mexico can be a fun trip (not marred by illness)!

I *am* still <150, which is nice, but I expect my Mexico vacay will ruin that! 'tis okay, I'm gonna HIT IT HARD upon my return....and by months' end, I hope to be firmly in the mid-140's and by end of Feb or March, I hope to even say "bye-bye" to the 140's! We'll see, though....the weight is coming off MUCH SLOWER now (which is to be expected).
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I will get to the gym today and get in my last lifting session before my Mexico holiday!

Tonight, I'll pack, check flights, finalize deets with the nanny and, hopefully, GET SOME SLEEP before we launch!
  • sdereski
    Options
    Have a wonderful vacation Beeps!!
    Can't wait to hear about it when you come back?

Do you go to the same place every year, or is this a new destination for you?
    I have heard that Zihautanejo, Mexico is a beautiful spot. :happy:
  • sdereski
    Options
    Hey cool kids - where you all at?
    I know Beeps is on a wonderful, much deserved vacation in Mexico. Lucky lady!!

finally getting over this cold and was able to lift yesterday! Yay! :happy:

It's pouring rain out there today. What the heck?! It's mid January in Northern Ontario, it's supposed to be snowing! Was hoping to run outside today, but may have to hit the treadmill. Roads are looking pretty slick.
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    51 y.o. male here.
    Don't know how cool I am but I still have a recording studio in my basement.
    I've reached my goal weight already but I've decided to lose a bit more and firm up.
    Cheers :smokin:
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Hey cool kids - where you all at?
    I know Beeps is on a wonderful, much deserved vacation in Mexico. Lucky lady!!

finally getting over this cold and was able to lift yesterday! Yay! :happy:

It's pouring rain out there today. What the heck?! It's mid January in Northern Ontario, it's supposed to be snowing! Was hoping to run outside today, but may have to hit the treadmill. Roads are looking pretty slick.
    Yeh, crazy eh? Supposed to be 12C here tomorrow in the GTA.
    Left winger or center?
  • sdereski
    Options
    Yeh, crazy eh? Supposed to be 12C here tomorrow in the GTA.
    Left winger or center?

Defense. :happy:
  • ChristySeeksBalance
    Options
    Hello cool kids! I'm Christy. Every winter I completely lose my motivation, quit working out and start eating like there is no tomorrow. Every year I think *this* is the year I'm going to somehow break the cycle! Then it gets dark and I go into hibernation. So here I am trying to bounce back yet again. Gained 20 pounds this year, but I'm down 6 of those already, so at least I'm getting quicker on my rebounds! Ugh.

Nice to meet you all! Hope you don't mind if I hang out for a while. Need to keep my motivation up!
  • sdereski
    Options
    Hello cool kids! I'm Christy. Every winter I completely lose my motivation, quit working out and start eating like there is no tomorrow. Every year I think *this* is the year I'm going to somehow break the cycle! Then it gets dark and I go into hibernation. So here I am trying to bounce back yet again. Gained 20 pounds this year, but I'm down 6 of those already, so at least I'm getting quicker on my rebounds! Ugh.

Nice to meet you all! Hope you don't mind if I hang out for a while. Need to keep my motivation up!

Hi Christy, nice to meet you. Congrats on losing those 6 lbs already!
    I can so understand the want to hibernate and eat all winter long. I sometimes feel like a bear. :laugh:
    I started taking Vit D and found that it helped me considerably.
  • bdeezy3396
    bdeezy3396 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!! - I'm 46 with 4 children ranging from 29, 24, 19, and 10, we also have two grandchildren. This all has to keep me young and cool!!
  • leanveins
    leanveins Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Excited I get to run outside today almost 70* here!!!
  • DarthH8
    DarthH8 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Can I hang with you guys? I bet all the forum bickering would be a minimal in the 40+ club :-( damn kids and their arguing on the internet
  • rrsuthy
    rrsuthy Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I'm 46 and my 9 year old daughter thinks I'm cool. I'm guessing that will wear off in a few years. I hit my goal weight a few years ago and since then went through a fairly stressful divorce and ate my way back up to where I am now. I need to lose ~10lbs to be where I'd like to be. MFP helped me last time and I'm hoping that tracking will help me again this time.
  • sdereski
    Options
    Excited I get to run outside today almost 70* here!!!

Hope you enjoyed that run! It's very mild here as well (well, it's getting a little colder today). We have had above normal temps for January, with a lot of rain.

I ran outside today, but the roads were extremely icy. Felt like Bambi on ice at times, but am happy to report, I managed to get my long run in.

Hope you all had a great weekend. :happy:
  • sdereski
    Options
    Hey there cool kids!

How are you all doing?

Got my lifting in today. Wahoo!

Hope you are all rockin' it!