we have 2 kids Emily 5 years old and Andrew 2 1/2 years old
  • 2grlzmum
    2grlzmum Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have 2 daughters aged 13 and 5.
  • kasmusic3PA
    kasmusic3PA Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Well I have 2 children, one son age 26 and one daughter 23, then I got remarried and I have 2 stepdaughters, one in her 40's and one that lives with us who is 32 and has downs syndrome, one stepson, age 32.

Then there are the grandchildren, 3 on my husband's side and on my side 4 year old boy and a new baby who will be 1 week old tomorrow.
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    we have 8 kids 2 girls (18, 7) and 6 boys (13, 12, 11, 9, 4, 1). I homeschool all except the oldest and youngest. The oldest is in doing college. We run a small farm so there is plenty to keep us all busy!

I notice there are quite a few people with big families. I started a group on here that is called Big Families Rock. If anyone is interested please join. It isn't very active yet but I hope it will help us all with menu planning for large families and give us a place to talk about things that pertain to large families.
    I had wondered before if there was such a group. I'll check it out. :smile:
  • strutdivastrut
    strutdivastrut Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Hi I have 3 boys ages 13, 11,10. A handfull!!
  • fmebear
    fmebear Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I am a stay at home mom to two - boy 5 and my little girl 3. They do keep me busy.
  • mollylouisesnow
    mollylouisesnow Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    No kids yet! I can't have children so we're currently in the process of adopting. We're open to ages 0-10, one child or a sibling set of 2! :). I'm super busy already, I'm a full time Business student and keeping up with my husbands career in the marine corps, but once we have kids It'll be the good kind of busy!
  • gabegrammy
    gabegrammy Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    3, 1 son 2 daughters. Grown and moved out and 1 grandson another grandchild on way in july. So cooking is easy when I cook for 1.
  • butterflygirl17
    butterflygirl17 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    1 child 2 years old, keeps me on my toes but hasn't helped me lose weight! Can't blame on him anyway-we adopted! Starting out brand new this week with a new plan. feel free to add me.
  • Mmgreat2003
    Options
    I have Three kids 17,12,9
  • twill68
    twill68 Posts: 84
    Options
    2 daughters and one son, first one is 23 second 21 third 18 whew!:tongue:
  • bkratt4
    bkratt4 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have 4 kids..Boy 18, rest girls..16, 4 (5 in May), and 3. Thought patients came with age...no..no..my first set was much easier. I assume its because I was much younger.
  • Diane_1984
    Diane_1984 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have 4 year twin daughters and my baby daughter who is nearly 2, not a baby anymore!

Its funny with your first you want to hit the milestones early but when its your second and in my case last you dread every milestone because it means they are growing up too fast!

Anyone else feel that way?
  • Pegasusonfire
    Pegasusonfire Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I have 4 kids: Girls are 7, 5 & 3years and boy is 14.5 months old.
  • tolleirrigon
    Options
    We have 2, girl 18 (just made the Dean's list), and son is 16 (sophomore).

We also have 5 dogs, 1 kitty (swore I would never have a cat), 5 horses, 12 cows and 7 chickens. We both work (full time-salary- crazy amounts of hours), our boy is a varsity athlete- so excited he got his license 2 days ago- and his sports and workouts keep us busy, and we farm 50 acres as a family, which our daughters boyfriend helps with. Our daughter goes to college full time and has a full time job.

Even though it gets crazy with the schedules I enjoy it. I have also been working to carve out me time- working out, going to lunch with my friends and couponing (or as my husband calls it "wandering around the Wal-Mart for 3 hours), he just hasn't figured out that I do that on purpose!

and for us, 2 was perfect, one of each was icing on the cake!
  • LennyInFlorida
    Options
    3 kids - 8 6 2
  • Terasome
    Terasome Posts: 3,808 Member
    Options
    I have 4.

3 boys aged 13, 11 and 4
    1 girl aged 8
  • mycrazy8splus1
    mycrazy8splus1 Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/9175-big-families-rock

here is a link to the big families group for anyone interested
  • 4tammyd
    Options
    Sounds very familiar...there's just not enough hours in the day...oh and by the way we need to add exercising to everthing else you listed, just not enough time in the day!! With such busy schedules is it possible to lose weight working out 4 times a week?
  • mncmom3
    mncmom3 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Wow, you are a busy woman! I thought I had it bad. I have three children- 1 girl (5) and two boys 3 & 1-1/2 and we just got a new puppy for Christmas. My husband works evenings too [and over nights depending]. Isn't it hard? Dinner, baths, bed and next day prep solo is tough. When I was reading all of the activities your kids were in I was thinking, oh my goodness! Mainly because I know will soon be in your shoes when my kids are in full time school :). Right now it is chaos just being home, errands and 2/ week preschool- I am in for a rude awakening. I am newly a stay at home mom because three in daycare was kind of silly but will most likely rejoin the workforce when my baby is in school. Best of luck to you on your journey and try to squeeze in some "me time" whenever you can get it.