For ladies who EAT (a lot) and are actually losing weight

Options

Replies

• ReaGaladriel
    ReaGaladriel Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    How come you get to eat so much? Do you calculate your calories somewhere else or on MFP? I'm 173 cm ( 5'8) and I have 70.7 kg (155 pounds) and I have 1380 calories a day (without exercise). I've set to lose 1 pound a week. Am I doing something wrong?

Elsewhere. You need to find your TDEE.

There's a thread on here called "In Place of a Roadmap" that covers it, or if you don't like numbers (like me) just go here: http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm. :D

MFP's tool is "stupid" and doesn't really take into account everything it should.

Thank you for the link. I have to say my TDEE calories and MFP calories are very similar. TDEE calories are 1435 and MFP calories are 1380. Not big difference. :)

That sounds pretty low for a TDEE which includes daily activity, but you might be very thin already and not very active. Do you mean your BMR? If so you should be eating between your BMR and TDEE. Though that website says "calories for weightloss" which is helpful. Though, I suppose that number you gave might be the cals for weight loss it gave you?

Ideally you should be eating between your BMR and TDEE.
    I'm not thin, I wish :p But i don't have very much to lose (8 kilos, 17 pounds). I went to that link in the previous post and I put my numbers in DAILY CALORIC INTAKE CALCULATOR and I got 1435.

I went on another site for calculating how many calories should I eat (http://caloriecount.about.com/cc/calories-goal.php?page=1&metric=1&gender=female&age=30&activity_level=1&feet=&inches=&cm=&start_weight=70.7&weight=63&x=46&y=16) and it gave me less calories taht on my MFP account. But I'm not going lower.

Okay, yes, I just looked. If you're not active, and don't exercise 1438 would be the weight loss number for you! :) Especially with so little to lose I wouldn't go lower than that. If you work out then you can eat more!

Thank you. And I always eat more if I exercise. :)
  • MissyGorman2012
    Options
    My first week of eating more = 5.5 lost. I'm a believer!
  • RandiLandCHANGED
    RandiLandCHANGED Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I am 5"5.5, 125-126 lbs. I eat 1800-2300 calories per day. I'm also breastfeeding. I was stuck at 129/130 until I got pneumonia but since taking antibiotics I've been maintaining with the same amount of calories as before.
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    I eat 2000-2200 a day and still manage to create a calorie deficit.

I have a BodyMedia Fit which shows actual calories burned, so I'm able to tailor my eating to my activity on a day by day basis without having to estimate. It really works; I highly recommend it.
  • TrishaLeighNelson
    TrishaLeighNelson Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    You're suppose to go to whole milk after a year old. I'm sure you know..but a toddler is a baby becoming a real person. Knowing what's going on around, learning words, not a baby. And shouldn't be sucking on your boob.
  • lioness0806
    lioness0806 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    My TDEE is around 2300. However, I usually get in about 1900. I've never deprived myself if junk food, but eat it in moderation. This week I've lost about 2#. I was about a month and a half into MFP when I found out about Scooby Workshop and I've lost about 20#.

I'm looking for new and supportive friends to help keep me on track. Add me if you want.
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I'm set to 1780, but I'm pregnant and not trying to lose weight, just trying to not gain too much. Before pregnancy, I was around 1400 or so, sometimes more. 1200 wasn't doing anything for my body at all.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    I am glad to see there are lots of you eating around the 2k a day mark. :)
  • kittymoney
    kittymoney Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    don't have time to read all the wonderful comments, but i sure do want to come back and catch them
  • eyeshuh
    eyeshuh Posts: 333
    Options
    After all the other threads that pop up in these forums, I have to say this one keeps making me extremely happy! Eat up ladies! NOM!
  • AReasor
    AReasor Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I am 5ft 1 and I eat 1500-1700 daily. I work a lightly active part time job and have lost 27lbs. in a year. :flowerforyou:
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    You're suppose to go to whole milk after a year old. I'm sure you know..but a toddler is a baby becoming a real person. Knowing what's going on around, learning words, not a baby. And shouldn't be sucking on your boob.

Breast milk IS whole milk. Just for humans rather than cattle :).

Seriously, the World Health Organisation recommends a minimum of 2 years for breastfeeding.
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

I am 36 yrs old, 5' 7", and my TDEE is 1600. Since i joined MFP I have started doing HIIT & weight lifting. I know from past experience that you gotta eat to fuel your body when lifting so i now try to make sure i eat the 1600+ every day, and a bit more on lifting days.

(I am not new to exercise, but i am currently getting back in shape after a long hiatus. Well, shortly before i joined MFP i tried eating too little at 1200-1400 tops, and was doing only cardio. I don't know why i did this because in the past i had great results from NOT restricting calories & doing strength training. I guess i was just curious to see the results since so many people go that route....well the results ended up being that I saw very little progress & felt crummy. So it's back to eating & lifting for me & i feel great & am getting results. yay!)
  • gingerveg
    gingerveg Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    I don't usually get as high as 2K, but I just ran a report and it seems I am averaging about 1800 (with exercise). I'm trying to net 1500 (which is up from 1400) and I will be upping this number every 4 weeks or so until I find my accurate TDEE.

I am 39, 118lbs, 5'4" the calculators say my TDEE is a little over 1700.
  • RandiLandCHANGED
    RandiLandCHANGED Posts: 630 Member
    Options

Breast milk IS whole milk. Just for humans rather than cattle :).

Seriously, the World Health Organisation recommends a minimum of 2 years for breastfeeding.

THANK YOU! People are so ignorant. If others want to feed their BABIES milk from another species, they can. In our house, that is not what we do. She turned one on January 4th, and is still very much a baby.

TrishaLeighNelson, why don't you worry about raising your own child? I am positive that you, madam, have plenty more important things to concern yourself with instead of what goes in MY child's mouth. In an epidemic of obesity, perhaps breastmilk should be pushed a bit more than cow's milk.
  • Kim55555
    Kim55555 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

What? Says who? Is this new? In the 90s, back when my kids were born, the recommendation was was up to three years old.
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    I'm 41, 5'6" and I am losing whilst eating between 1800-2000 calories/day. I exercise between 4-6 times per week pretty intensely, lifting heavy and swinging kettlebells. I'm steadily losing weight. Feel free to add me!
  • letsdothis84
    letsdothis84 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hi There,

I stumbled across this as I have been doing crossfit for the last few months and seemed to have gone up 5lbs on the scales…. I prob eat from 1400-1600 calories on average a day but work out and walk a number of miles a day. I am starting to think im not eating enough and have read about this TDDE etc… and how we should be eating more.

I know tha the number on the scales shouldnt have a huge bearing on progress and to go on my clothes etc… but I do want to drop some pounds and build lean muscles, I do feel a bit alarmed that I have gone up 5lbs!

Any advice on this or from other 5ft 2 girls would be appreciated.

I have gone from 122lbs to 127lbs lately but have been working out more and eating better so it doesn’t make sense!

Thanks in advance 
  • Nina76
    Nina76 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Wow, some amazing stories here! I'm new here and after posting this:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1086283-i-don-t-know-what-to-do-anymore
    I think I might be not eating enough. I'm really, really hesitant to eat more. I would love to meet some people who've been where I am and succeeded. Please help me with my weight loss journey, I am really desperate. Thank you!