Dancing for daily cardio.... Who would've known it'd work so

Options

Replies

• purdygrl
    purdygrl Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm in! But can't even WALK in heels, so it's barefeet for me. Let's shake our groove thing people!!!!

Believe it or not it is easier to dance in heels then walk in them.

I weigh in Fridays for another group but hey totally willing to post two weights a week. More accountability. I am going to be dancing tonight. I host a Karaoke night at the bar I own and we do a lot of dancing. I am thinking of getting one of the Zumba tapes any advise on them?
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    It is much easier to dance in heels then to walk, but if you don't feel comfortable in them that's fine too!

I'll be starting my first dance of the day here soon....kinda procrastinating though because my ab's hurt so bad from yesterday....hehe.

Once I crank up the tunes it's time to boogie oogie oogie :wink:
    I dont have any reccomendations for Zumba because I've never tried it, but I would also love some suggestions:happy:
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    QUOTE OF THE DAY :)

BY:
    beachbaby18 "You won't fail if you're not perfect, you'll fail if you're not committed to improving yourself slightly each day."
  • beachbaby18
    Options
    You can count me in. I love to dance. lol. How about dancing queens? haha.
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options

Ooooh I love that :)
  • denitchy
    denitchy Posts: 445
    Options
    I'm in! Today is my day for cardio, so this is perfect timing! When I get home, I will kick my son outside (he's nearly 16, so I'm sure he'd rather not have to watch me bouncin around LOL) and I'm off!!! :bigsmile:

I wear heels most days at work, so I'm hoping it won't be too difficult...
  • denitchy
    denitchy Posts: 445
    Options
    Ooooh I love that :)

I like that one too!
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    Does anyone else use sea salt? Did you know that their is 190mg less sodium in 1/4tsp of sea salt then there is in regular old Morton's salt!

I've always gone back and forth between the two but I'm sticking to sea salt from now on! Less sodium=retaining less water :)
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    I'm in! Today is my day for cardio, so this is perfect timing! When I get home, I will kick my son outside (he's nearly 16, so I'm sure he'd rather not have to watch me bouncin around LOL) and I'm off!!! :bigsmile:

I wear heels most days at work, so I'm hoping it won't be too difficult...

Lol that's great! Welcome:happy:
  • cullensbrunette
    Options
    Just danced for 20 minutes to Michael Jackson and Lady Gaga!! (with my 2 year old of course...she's the perfect dancing partner!)
  • donna56
    donna56 Posts: 412
    Options
    I've lost a total of 6lbs since starting this 8days ago. I started dancing for half of my cardio each day and I honestly believe it works me out more then my treadmill (that I do for the other half) get's me sweating faster and my heart rate up quicker. I find my motivation in the music I have on. If I'm feeling lazy I turn on the radio or a cd and boom I'm ready to go! So I'd like to know if any of you like to free dance for excersice, if you do any specific moves and what type of music get's you up and going what is that one song you have to dance to when it comes on?

I'll start-
    As far as my specific moves go I do alot of up and down motions with the swaying of the hips in a figure 8 and I'll switch the direction of a figure 8, and I feel the burn in my calves, thighs, butt, abs, hips and lower back. I did this today for two songs worth, which was the equvelant to about 12mins, and I did it in heels. (Not reccomending this to anyone) it is just right for me considering when I go out dancing heels are what I wear and I feel like it makes it a little tougher and like I'm getting a better work out. I would like to be able to do this for 4-5songs worth, but I'm workin on it

The songs that will always pump me up and make me want to move is "3" by Brittney Spears and Pour Some Sugar on me by Def Leppard....what I danced to today :P

Anyone else?:happy:

I haven't danced in yrs so you gave me a great idea, thank you! :happy: I have some breathing issues so I can't do it for too long without being out of breath, :grumble: , but I did dance to the oldies for 15 mins. and if I put it in the right place, I burned 97 calories. Alot more fun the my treadmill. I'll keep doing my walking on the treadmill, but I will deffinately add the dancing to the exercise routine.
  • GeauxTravel
    Options
    Sounds like fun. We got the Just Dance game for the Wii a little while ago and we have dance parties at our house every weekend. It is myself and 3 of my friends, our daughters are all between the ages of 2 and 5 and they dance will us. It is quite a site to see the 4 of us plus 5 little ones dancing our butts off.
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    Just danced for 20 minutes to Michael Jackson and Lady Gaga!! (with my 2 year old of course...she's the perfect dancing partner!)

GREAT JOB
    Fun music to dance to!!
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    I've lost a total of 6lbs since starting this 8days ago. I started dancing for half of my cardio each day and I honestly believe it works me out more then my treadmill (that I do for the other half) get's me sweating faster and my heart rate up quicker. I find my motivation in the music I have on. If I'm feeling lazy I turn on the radio or a cd and boom I'm ready to go! So I'd like to know if any of you like to free dance for excersice, if you do any specific moves and what type of music get's you up and going what is that one song you have to dance to when it comes on?

I'll start-
    As far as my specific moves go I do alot of up and down motions with the swaying of the hips in a figure 8 and I'll switch the direction of a figure 8, and I feel the burn in my calves, thighs, butt, abs, hips and lower back. I did this today for two songs worth, which was the equvelant to about 12mins, and I did it in heels. (Not reccomending this to anyone) it is just right for me considering when I go out dancing heels are what I wear and I feel like it makes it a little tougher and like I'm getting a better work out. I would like to be able to do this for 4-5songs worth, but I'm workin on it

The songs that will always pump me up and make me want to move is "3" by Brittney Spears and Pour Some Sugar on me by Def Leppard....what I danced to today :P

Anyone else?:happy:

I haven't danced in yrs so you gave me a great idea, thank you! :happy: I have some breathing issues so I can't do it for too long without being out of breath, :grumble: , but I did dance to the oldies for 15 mins. and if I put it in the right place, I burned 97 calories. Alot more fun the my treadmill. I'll keep doing my walking on the treadmill, but I will deffinately add the dancing to the exercise routine.

Good I'm so glad! It rreally is alot of fun and we all agree that it boost's up the confidence a little. I just showered, did my hair and make-up then danced in my sexy heels and felt great, for 20minutes managed almost two songs holding my chunky 19month old...lol!

I danced to Brittney Spears, Pour some sugar on me, Snoop dog and Lady Gaga! I feel great!
    ANYONE EVER TRY FLIRTY GIRL FITNESS? I'M SERIOUSLY CONTIMPLATING IT!
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    Sounds like fun. We got the Just Dance game for the Wii a little while ago and we have dance parties at our house every weekend. It is myself and 3 of my friends, our daughters are all between the ages of 2 and 5 and they dance will us. It is quite a site to see the 4 of us plus 5 little ones dancing our butts off.

Oh how funny my girlfriend Sarah and I do that too, we get my kids goin and our hubbies even jump in every once in a while. Dance Dance revolution for wii is fun too and they even have a workout/burn calorie setting!
    I agree very funny to watch:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • cullensbrunette
    Options
    I have Flirty Girl Fitness and I LOVE it!! It comes with a pink feather boa too! =)
  • kjrosa
    kjrosa Posts: 34
    Options
    So I just did 50min of dancing to Nelly Furtado's album, "Whoa Nelly", with my son's and my baby girl on my hips; it was a blast xD That was the funnest exercise I've done in a while. I use to be a dance club junky in college before I had children; I went dancing 4-5 times a week. What a cool way to shed the pounds. I definitely was getting a work out but was distracted by how much fun it was and I didn't feel it till I stopped! :) My son's and I danced a combination of line dancing, Latin dance, hip hop, and robot moves...lol I bet we looked absolutely ridiculous xD !!!

Next challenge to dance in high heels ;)
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    Count me in!! I am loving the idea...all i need is a room, mp3/ipod, 30 ( or so) minutes, and myself...

Thanks!
  • flwyland
    flwyland Posts: 142
    Options
    30 minutes to a little southern rock & country. I intended to do 15-20 minutes since I've got plans for more cardio later today, but just didn't want to stop!
  • BuffyKicksButt
    Options
    I'm a little late but I'm in I'll try and do it 2x before Friday :)

I have a DVD Dance Off the Inches Hip Hop Party its lots of fun but I think I will do one day freestyle !