100 Push ups challenge starts Mon 14th Jan

Options

Replies

• martinh78
    martinh78 Posts: 601
    Options
    Am I allowed breaks, small ones? I presume you are all doing quite quick ones as slow ones are harder and I presume it is all the way down - no cheating and doing mini ones!

I think you should do them without breaks, just the break between sets. I do mine smoothly, not fast, and keep proper form (ie all the way down, straight back, no arching or poor form to assist the upward push etc).

I've never done fast push-ups myself, and at Level 2 of the plan I'm able to do them slowly and complete the day. Not sure aboyt others?
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm doing push ups each day, but when i log it in my exercise, I don't get any extra calories and each push up is equivalent to 1 calorie for my weight of 198 lbs.
    Does anyone know how to change this.
    Thanks
    Tony

You need to add it under the cardio exercise section to get any calories recorded - strength traing & circuit training are both in the cardio database. You can manually amend the suggested calories before submitting.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Initial test - 28.
    Puts me in the lower range of level 4.
  • CarducciM88
    Options
    I will try it also :). It always wanted to do 100 pushups, so this is a good time to start.

Did 30 on the initial test, so that puts me just in level 4.
  • tomzak289
    tomzak289 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Alright I'm in. Just signed up I will post what level I'm at when I get home from work tonight. I signed up with my same username.
  • cyberblonde
    cyberblonde Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I am going to do day 1 tomorrow as I have my circuits class tonight. I have downloaded an app onto my phone to do it, but I do not think it is the same one. Does this challange have an iPhone or iPad app? Cheers. Good luck everyone.

Tried to get some of the people I work with to join in - no takers!!
  • jks3382
    Options
    I'm in. Just started with my first 20.
  • danlarson
    Options
    10 with good form so level 2.

I'm with you also starting today.
  • BackInSoFL
    BackInSoFL Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • troyk87
    troyk87 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Completed Day 1 Level 3. Would say it kicked my butt. Completed 75 of 80 pushups with 15 done on the final set. Welcoming a day of recovery as the plan calls for 100 total pushups on day 2. Expecting more than a 60 second break between sets on Wednesday.
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I just did the initial test last night --- 26 pushups.

Despite what the program says I am starting on week one so I can ramp up in a controlled manner. I might change my mind after I see how well I get through week one, day one, but that's the current plan.
  • martinh78
    Options
    I am going to do day 1 tomorrow as I have my circuits class tonight. I have downloaded an app onto my phone to do it, but I do not think it is the same one. Does this challange have an iPhone or iPad app? Cheers. Good luck everyone.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/hundred-pushups/id301174591?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo=4

I don't have an iphone so don't use it myself. I just print my weekly plan and stick it on the fridge. Old skool :glasses:
  • martinh78
    Options
    Completed Day 1 Level 3. Would say it kicked my butt. Completed 75 of 80 pushups with 15 done on the final set. Welcoming a day of recovery as the plan calls for 100 total pushups on day 2. Expecting more than a 60 second break between sets on Wednesday.

I'd say! I did 28, with 8 in the final set. I didnt find it over challenging. I think it is building up slowely.

It says to repeat the day/week if you don't meet the minimum for the final set, but I guess you could drop a level instead? I might up a level after the first week if my final set matches the minimum final set for the next level.

Either way, great job!
  • troyk87
    troyk87 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I'm going to see how the 1st week goes and decide whether to drop down or just repeat until i'm actually on week 3. I'll probably repeat until i can do the minimum of the final set. #nolookingback!
  • tfpdunn
    tfpdunn Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    This looks very cool, I'm in!
  • Alohathin
    Alohathin Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I just did the initial test last night --- 26 pushups.

Despite what the program says I am starting on week one so I can ramp up in a controlled manner. I might change my mind after I see how well I get through week one, day one, but that's the current plan.

I'm doing the same thing, despite my 23 initial test.
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Week1 Day1 - Max Pushups:30
  • cyberblonde
    Options
    Thank you! I'm going to see how the 1st week goes and decide whether to drop down or just repeat until i'm actually on week 3. I'll probably repeat until i can do the minimum of the final set. #nolookingback!

Did you start on week 3? I was just looking at that and it looked tough. Well done I have no idea if I will reach week 3 even! I think I would fine the 200 sit up challenge easier ! We will have to all do that one next!
  • cyberblonde
    Options

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/hundred-pushups/id301174591?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo=4

I don't have an iphone so don't use it myself. I just print my weekly plan and stick it on the fridge. Old skool :glasses:

Good idea I may just do that instead. I will take a look at the app.
  • Suzeboo
    Suzeboo Posts: 50
    Options
    I'm in!!!! I will begin logging tomorrow! Good Luck Everyone!