• drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    Water is water

Bro that's deep
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    you know... looking at all these answers... and comparing them to the tickers....

people who drink lots of plain pure water every day are statistically, in my humble meaningless opinion.... jaw droppingly hot.

Yeah, but there also seems to be a confounding factor of "propensity to be more judgmental and self-righteous" in the data for those same posters that is making it difficult for me to isolate just the pure water drinking part.

But maybe you're right. Maybe it's just the water thing.
    The assumption in that first post is that anyone stating that you can count things other than plain water actually does that personally and then don't drink much plain water.

That assumption would be wrong.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    sure it is, next time you go to get a coffee from a cafe, i hope they give you a mug of hot water :drinker: since its you know, the same exact thing anyway.
    -Are you familiar with atoms and molecules?

-Do you understand what a water molecule is?

-Are you aware that a water molecule from a cup of coffee is identical to a water molecule from a bottle of drinking water?

are you aware that you just said the same thing that I did, but typing while under the impression that I care what you have to say?
  • mfoy94
    mfoy94 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    To all the people that say drinking coffee, fizzy drinks, juice and the ilk doesn't contribute to hydration levels think about it this way.
    If I drank a cup of warm water then after that I ate some coffee beans..are you telling me that the water I drank before is cancelled out? The body is going to processes a cup of coffee in the same way.

dude, youre 18, you havent made much progress yet, youre going to be here for the long haul.. you might not want to start off by hollering in an elementary level issue thread and pissing off all the people that have been here helping people a really long time and have met and blazed past alot of their goals already.

if you want to be part of this community, then spread out the snark, spread out the helpful and spread out the pissing off of people. And stop making blanket announcements that tell people that they dont know how their own body feels.

I refuse to come to your page and tell you what you do and do not understand about your own body. Thats not just rude, it's haughty.. who are you to tell another person how a day without regular water feels.

PLEASE enlighten me.

pace yourself. you have a lifetime to make all the people mad.

js dont get mad at people on the internet.
  • nack_23
    nack_23 Posts: 154
    Options
    Water is water

Bro that's deep

because its that simple
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I wasn't a fan of drinking water at all, and the first few days i had to force it down. you get used to it, and eventually start to feel like you need it. it didn't take long to transition, but it definitely took an increase in bathroom breaks.
  • DamnImASexyBitch
    DamnImASexyBitch Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    I drink water all the time. I either drink it straight from the bottle ( Ice Mountain is my prefered brand ). Sometimes I'll add lemon juice or Mio to it.
  • Topher1978
    Topher1978 Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    28423-Social-Bacon.jpg
    Mmmmmmmmmmmmm bacon water!
  • KirstenTheFamilyCoach
    Options
    Caffeinated beverages-coffee, tea, and some soft drinks-and alcoholic beverages aren't your body's best sources of water. Caffeine and alcohol can increase water loss in your body.

The best method to know if you are well hydrated is to pay attention to the color of your urine each time you urinate. (Urine that has accumulated in your bladder during sleep will be more concentrated and yellow. Otherwise, if your kidneys didn't concentrate urine during sleep, you would have to wake up to urinate.) After the urinating the first time after waking up, your urine should be colorless and odorless for the remainder of the day. This assumes that you have normal functioning kidneys and no bladder disease or infection. Taking vitimins will change your urine color too (this is the stuff you put into your body that is being flushed out)
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Caffeinated beverages-coffee, tea, and some soft drinks-and alcoholic beverages aren't your body's best sources of water. Caffeine and alcohol can increase water loss in your body.

The best method to know if you are well hydrated is to pay attention to the color of your urine each time you urinate. (Urine that has accumulated in your bladder during sleep will be more concentrated and yellow. Otherwise, if your kidneys didn't concentrate urine during sleep, you would have to wake up to urinate.) After the urinating the first time after waking up, your urine should be colorless and odorless for the remainder of the day. This assumes that you have normal functioning kidneys and no bladder disease or infection. Taking vitimins will change your urine color too (this is the stuff you put into your body that is being flushed out)

I sometimes start my morning with a caffeine pill. How long after taking it do you recommend I wait until I drink water? I certainly don't want the water I'm drinking not to be the best source of water for my body.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    sure it is, next time you go to get a coffee from a cafe, i hope they give you a mug of hot water :drinker: since its you know, the same exact thing anyway.
    -Are you familiar with atoms and molecules?

-Do you understand what a water molecule is?

-Are you aware that a water molecule from a cup of coffee is identical to a water molecule from a bottle of drinking water?

are you aware that you just said the same thing that I did, but typing while under the impression that I care what you have to say?
    Wow, I know that some people have a hard time telling when another person is being sarcastic. But I didn't know there were people who can't even recognize their own sarcasm. It's a whole new level of facepalm.
  • nadinespengen
    Options
    Wrong, it is now coffee. As for your pot roast it is apparent that you don't understand, yes it does still contain protein and is still called a pot roast but through the cooking process other components of the meat have completely been altered :) I think the point of drinking water specifically and documenting it on a weight loss site would be to quench your thirst calorie free rather than hydrating with juice etc. (as for the 5 extra calories coffee adds this may be insignificant to some but perhaps not to others)

I'm about to blow our mind, but here's a secret: If something you drink has calories, you can (GET THIS!) log it in the food diary to account for the calories AND -- AT THE SAME EXACT TIME AND THE WORLD WILL NOT END!!!! -- tick it off as 8 oz of liquid on the water counter.

I know, right? It's just so crazy.

Actually you haven't blown my mind at all you actually just sound sarcastic and rude as well as completely unhelpful in any way :)
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

I sometimes start my morning with a caffeine pill. How long after taking it do you recommend I wait until I drink water? I certainly don't want the water I'm drinking not to be the best source of water for my body.

I still don't know the answer to this question. Is it one hour? Two hours? Three hours?

Meanwhile, this morning, I drank two glasses of water immediately after taking the caffeine pill, but counted neither towards my optimal-for-everyone eight glasses since I knew it would just turn into the equivalent of three sodas (minus the sugar and other ingredients, but still with the caffeine) in my stomach.
  • FitnessPalWorks
    FitnessPalWorks Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Water.
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    i__m_surrounded_by_idiots_by_peach_bff_daisy-d3h7pz6.gif
  • kmorganlfc
    kmorganlfc Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Our bodies are fantastic machines that can extract water from whatever it is mixed with to be used for hydration. It is such a special machine that even a biproduct of cell function can be reused to help with the efficiency of those cells i.e. a biproduct of burning glucose is....wait for it....water!!!

Glucose + Oxygen = Carbon Dioxide + Water + Energy

C6H12O6 + 6O2 = 6CO2 + 6H2O + Energy

(this isn't evidence for the human body being 100% efficient, which would be absurd, but it does demonstrate how we can get water in ways we don't always think about)

Arguing with people who believe that there isn't any water in anything else but water is similar to arguing with people who believe the moon is made of cheese. The distinction between water and coffee is made in peoples' brains, not by their bodies. However, people are free to log their consumption in whatever ways they chose, if it helps them achieve whatever goals they are after. But if a person idiosyncratically chooses to not log coffee as water, then tries to convince others that this is a scientifically correct position, then they are wrong for doing so. Because it is NOT a scientifically correct position.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Arguing with people who believe that there isn't any water in anything else but water is similar to arguing with people who believe the moon is made of cheese. The distinction between water and coffee is made in peoples' brains, not by their bodies. However, people are free to log their consumption in whatever ways they chose, if it helps them achieve whatever goals they are after. But if a person idiosyncratically chooses to not log coffee as water, then tries to convince others that this is a scientifically correct position, then they are wrong for doing so. Because it is NOT a scientifically correct position.
    Word.
  • maxonehiphop
    maxonehiphop Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    the moon is made of cheese.

But is it a healthy cheese? I wonder how many calories the moon is and if it would be worth it to take the caloric hit for all that protein.
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    the moon is made of cheese.

But is it a healthy cheese? I wonder how many calories the moon is and if it would be worth it to take the caloric hit for all that protein.

Assuming a nice cheddar at 69 calories and 4.23 grams of protein per cubic inch...

One cubic kilometer of cheese is 6.102 x 10^13 cubic inches, or 4.21 x 10^15 calories and 2.58 x 10^14 grams of protein.
    The moon is 2.19 x 10^10 cubic kilometers.
    Thus a cheddar cheese moon would be 9.22 x 10^25 calories and 5.65 x 10^24 grams of protein. Assuming a USDA recommended 2000 calories per day and an average lifespan of 78 years, we could sustain 161 quadrillion people with a cheese moon.