SKINNY VS CURVY

Options

Replies

• alexbusnello
    alexbusnello Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Depends if when you say "curvy" you mean overweight. The body I want has nice curves in the right places and is also skinny at the same time.

This
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    From a male point of view, I definitely prefer curvy, and I don't know many, if any, men that prefer skinny over nice curves. I think Marylin Monroe, dress size 12 to 16 (depending on timeline) had the ultimate body!
    She was much smaller than that by today's clothing size standards.
    True. Today's 12 to 16 is an 8 to 12 back then. But even an 8 is considered fat now. So Marilyn was not skinny by today's standard. Even if you want to compare clothing size. Marilyn had some dangerous curves.

Ummm, Marilyn was a size 2 by today's clothing standards, folks. Her waist was 21 inches and her hips were 35.

Kind of ironic that she's held up as the icon of large, curvy women when she was curvy because she had an ungodly small waist. Look it up instead of just guessing.

Thank you. Someone show me a damn size 8 with a 21" waist. I'm a 6 and I have a 25" waist. Seriously. Stop dragging my girl Marilyn into the Skinny vs Curvy hot garbage. She was TINY. You can have tatas and still be tiny, folks. News flash.

From what I can tell she wouldn't fit any of today's standard size clothing without serious tailoring. At 35-22-35 she would be between a 4 and a 6, and have to have the clothes tailored by like 5" in the waist.
    http://clairehunter.com/dress-size-calculator.htm

Yes, I just read an article that said that in auction someone purchased the white dress she wore in the seven year itch and when they tried to zip it up on a size 2 US mannequine it wouldn't zip and they had to get a smaller figure for the dress, at 5'5" her weght averages 118# and her figure was slim. She had a natural hour glass figure with boobs and a butt. Her dimensions would respectfully hold up today's hollywood standards, although she'd be on a little softer side rather than a firmer musculature.

She was a complete freak of nature, that's why she was who she was.. and that's why she's been dead so long and people are still talking about her. Nothing about her was "normal".

How is she a complete freak of nature? They're talking about her body, not her in general.

OK I will buy into some of the arguements that today she might be in a smaller dress size like an 8..but those saying 2 and that she had a 21" waist....not in this picture, and this is the curvy I was originally meaning as my preferred curvy. She was a pretty amazing woman and although had her demons and was extremely insecure and lonely despite all she had. It is amazing that mentioning her still brings up so much controversy.

marilynmonroe.jpeg

She was 4 months pregnant in that photo.

Like another poster pointed out, the Smithsonian had to have a mannequin custom made because her famous "Seven Year Itch" dress was too small for the size 2 one.

I'm not saying you can't like MM, I'm just saying that the MM you like was preggers.
  • fmebear
    fmebear Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I want to be fit, sexy, strong, toned and above all else CONFIDENT!! I have to look at what was and what is. I have to work with what is NOW and what it CAN BE. I will NEVER be what I was in my teens, my twenties or my early 30's. My body has changed and so my vision has to CHANGE with it. I now have hips thanks to my children. Would I give up my hips for my children? HELL NO!! My children made my body different but because of them I am a better person. For that I am grateful. I just now have to change what I see in my body because I can not undo what was already done. :) I can make myself fit, stronger, sexier and CONFIDENT as hell in what I have.

I will be a more fit, sexy, strong, toned and above all else CONFIDENT. I will never be a runway model but I can be confident in who I am. I think the person that best fits the description I want is Christina Aguilera. Her body has changed dramatically but she is confident in it and that makes her SEXY.
  • princessallybaba
    Options
    Yeah curvy, but..... My mums been saying to me... As im in my ideal weigh range, please stop fussing over it caus you will look back in years to come when its all droopey and grey hair and think, why was i so hard on myself,
    Excersize, try to eat healthy and love yourself....

I dont love myself and im battleing it big time at the moment!
  • SDHudgins1976
    Options
    I've always been overweight so I don't know what I'll be, but when I get there I just want to be healthy :)
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    The only people I've ever encountered that refer to themselves as "curvy" are people who aren't comfortable with facing the reality that they're overweight.

So true...and a circle is not curvy.
  • MissyJessy
    MissyJessy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    What do you prefer?

SKINNY or CURVY?

What body shape do you have / want? :-)

i prefer FIT!
  • queenhiphop
    queenhiphop Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    If you want a different body type, you should find new parents.

Hahahahahahaha yes
  • RitaSantoss
    RitaSantoss Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Curvy all the way, thank you very much.
  • xXxHBICxXx
    xXxHBICxXx Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Curvy for sure. I personally don't think women should be too thin I love the Kim Kardashian, J-LO look I find it very attractive and my body is built closer to theirs vs a Paris Hilton or Megan Foxx so that's what i'm sticking with. I want to be toned and curvy =D any pointers you all think I should know about to help me have MY perfect body would be much appreciated! Feel free to add me or message me.
  • 0Karina0
    0Karina0 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I prefer to be skinny, I'm already curvy and im not crazy about it, I prefer to be more cute than sexy :D
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    What do you prefer?

SKINNY or CURVY?

What body shape do you have / want? :-)

i prefer FIT!

^^
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,841 Member
    Options
    I am curvy....honest to goodness in and out and in and out again curvy and its not a euphemism for fat, I actually have curves and am proud of them.
  • HealthyLifestyleG525
    Options
    curves for sure...but on a trim, athletic body
  • I am a Pear shape woman, so I have learn to love the curves of my body!! But most of all I LOVE ME!!!!!
  • meghan6867
    meghan6867 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    The only people I've ever encountered that refer to themselves as "curvy" are people who aren't comfortable with facing the reality that they're overweight.

Not necessarily true. I am not overweight any longer (thanks in part to MFP)... but I still consider myself to be curvy. It's all about the bust-waist-hip ratio and isn't synonmous with weight at all.

That being said, I'm pretty happy with a curvy physique... as long as it's a fit and healthy curvy... :smile:
  • tsmom1128
    tsmom1128 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I have no hips or bum, so I will never be curvy. The best i could possibly get to would be thin with a huge rack, LOL. I'll take healthy and happy over any body type though.
  • bridgelene
    bridgelene Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    That's how a woman should be, not like some of the stick thin "role models" that are out there just now.

Yes and no. A woman should be healthy. Some women's natural figures are without much, if any curves, and that doesn't make them less of a woman or wrong anymore than being a blonde haired and blue eyes would make me "wrong". Healthy healthy healthy's where it's at.

That being said, currently I'm fat. Started at 290.6 and am slowly down to 270.6. I hope to end up nice and fit, strong muscles (thick and muscular thighs!), and curvy as hell. Also being bisexual, that's the figure that I'm most attracted to, 'though I certainly wouldn't rule in or rule out anyone based having or not having that kind of figure, alone.
  • nosey_rosey
    nosey_rosey Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I will take her body.... I am almost there =)

http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ltp3l5qzJm1qjpzedo2_250.jpg
  • myraknits
    myraknits Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I am curvy....honest to goodness in and out and in and out again curvy and its not a euphemism for fat, I actually have curves and am proud of them.
    ^
    ^
    !!!! Me too!!!!