cereal diet!

Options

Replies

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    First - you cannot get all the nutrients you need from cereal.

Second - I'm assuming that on this crazy diet you only eat cereal. I LOVE cereal. I always have 3-5 different cereals because I like variety. I remember when there were days most of my meals were cereal. Not because of a diet but just because that's all I wanted.

Let's say that although it was great consuming it..it was not great excreting it. DO AT YOUR OWN RISK! You've been warned.
  • angelz_love
    angelz_love Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    hmm okI see everyones point. I look at it as a low calorie diet. I also see it as an "easy" low calorie diet because you don't have to think that much about it. cereal. cereal. small dinner. a cup of cereal and a cup of milk = 220 calories pick something a LITTLE more nutritious like 2 eggs and a slice of sanwich ham = 230 ( at least you are getting protien- it should just give you more than cheerios) and eat that twice a day...or you know eat what you want and stay under your calories...shrug...to each their own!
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I don't know, guys. I think I could easily eat Cocoa Pebbles for two weeks straight...
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    I don't know, guys. I think I could easily eat Cocoa Pebbles for two weeks straight...

QFT
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

I did for dessert once. And a mixture of honey nut cheerios and life cinnamon for breakfast. :D
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options

I know I could eat Fruity Pebble's for two weeks straight!
  • fightininggirl
    fightininggirl Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    this!
    I have never heard of a cereal diet? I have heard of the Special K plan where you eat their products 2 times a day. That doesn't sound very good though. :|
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I'd rather do the 280 calorie Snickers diet.
  • DorkothyParker
    DorkothyParker Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I don't think she'll have any issues with her micronutrients with how heavily fortified cereals are. However, I think if I ate all my calories in my fave cereal (All Bran) and milk (unsweetened vanilla almond), I would still feel pretty hungry and lethargic.

Also, I can't imagine not eating hot food on an icy winter's day.
  • Janey142
    Janey142 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Why eat only cereal when you can eat whatever you want within you're calorie goal?

This!
  • Ben2118
    Ben2118 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I'm on the Sugar Puffs Diet, my most recent progress pic

02442243268472951.jpg
  • Crystal_Pistol
    Crystal_Pistol Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Devil thread! It was hard kicking that Lucky Charm's habit.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Finally, a stupid diet that sounds fun.

This is true. I wouldn't mind eating only frosted flakes and captain crunch for 2 weeks.

Though if you're going to do something this dumb, why not make it a cake diet. Mmmmm, cake.
  • Eat_clean_stay_tiny
    Options
    lcphh.gif
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    It's not a diet, it's a marketing campaign. LOL

Now, if there was a Reeses Peanut Butter Cup diet, I'm all over it.
  • ashleeliza
    Options
    Ive done it and I lost 8lbs,
    I had a variety of cereals with soya milk for breakfast and dinner and made a very nutritional lunch.
    I kept to it for 3 weeks
  • Erica0718
    Erica0718 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    hmm okI see everyones point. I look at it as a low calorie diet. I also see it as an "easy" low calorie diet because you don't have to think that much about it. cereal. cereal. small dinner. a cup of cereal and a cup of milk = 220 calories pick something a LITTLE more nutritious like 2 eggs and a slice of sanwich ham = 230 ( at least you are getting protien- it should just give you more than cheerios) and eat that twice a day...or you know eat what you want and stay under your calories...shrug...to each their own!

You say a cup of milk and cereal is 220 calories twice a day then you plan to eat a "more nutritious" meal later at 230, that is only 670 calories a day. There is no way you are going to get enough protein this way and where are the vegtables? MFP recommends you eat at least 1200 calories a day, this is minimum. You will learn the hard way, and you may lose weight but you will gain it back as quickly as it came off. You didn't put the weight on overnight and you are not going to take it off in 2 weeks.

When this plan does not work out and you get serious about being healthy refer to this link:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/8017-in-place-of-a-road-map
  • erinsueburns
    erinsueburns Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    From what I've seen, this only works if you are actually measuring your cereal which most people don't, a "serving" of cereal isn't what most people think it is. But it can be a convenient way to do portion control, about in the same boat as prepackaged meals. Measure it, measure your milk, and throw some fruit on top for better micros. But honestly I've done it, not so much as a "diet" but as lifestyle choice at the time. There have been weeks where my "dinner" was Grape Nuts, because it is convenient, easy to track, and is my favorite cereal.
  • SuperVegan8
    SuperVegan8 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Don't waste 2 weeks. Cereal does not provide the nutrients you require, even if you can get under your calories.

I don't mean to sound rude, but dieting does not work! You need to make lifestyle changes to change your life!

Wholefoods, vegetables, fruit and whole grains with bits of other food types is BY FAR the most healthy option. There are 100's of studies to support this. Im not suggesting you become vegetarian (although it is something i advocate) i think you need to look at the solution more holistically and long term that a 2 week diet.

For your own sanity, health etc just give-up with the 'diet mentality' and make gradual changes. Swap the least healthy things and as you see results, you'll gain motivation to make further changes.
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    mmmmm rice chex is my cereal addiction!!! HOWEVER, I COULD NEVER JUST EAT THAT ALL DAY, EVERY DAY!!! but i sure do love rice chex!