if health is #1, what is your #2 reason to lose weight?

Options

Replies

• JustHilsie
    JustHilsie Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    #2 i don't want to worry about fitting in chairs or breaking them when i go out in public
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    vanity for sure. Look better in mirrors and pictures, since I have avoided mirrors and cameras pretty much all my life.
  • jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    me
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Right now it's the 11 weeks, 3 days til I hit the seven mile beach at Negril! LOL
  • Kellyeee2013
    Options
    1. To be the best version of myself I can be! (thinner, fitter, stronger, healthier, energetic, etc. It all goes together)
    2. To make my ex go insane next time I see him. Ha!
    3. To make other women hide their boyfriends from me. I joke! I joke!
    4. I have no reason NOT TO GET FIT!
  • IowaJen1979
    IowaJen1979 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    To walk into a store and be able to try on anything I want, not having to worry about finding a size big enough for me. And to look good in the clothes!
  • 5pmsomewherenow
    5pmsomewherenow Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    For the previous few years, I had gotten into the poor-health-habit of snoring quite loudly EVERY night. It was a symptom of being over-weight and drinking too much each night. I knew things had to change, because this was driving my husband into the guest room just about every night. BINGO - about the time I lost 25 lbs, and wasn't drinking anymore (3mos into this journey...) No more snoring!
  • Myosha86
    Options
    VANITY !!!!!!!!!
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I don't want to live the second half of my life as a dumpy lady. I look much better thin.

You can be young, plump, and cute. But it doesn't work any more in your 50's.
  • azwen
    azwen Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    My goals/priorities/reasons:

Improved health/fitness, both now (in my 40s) and into old age. (This includes healthy body fat %, increased muscle, improved cardiovascular fitness, energy, decreased risk of heart disease/diabetes/etc.)

Improved ability to enjoy lots of activities. Currently I take horseback riding lessons and hike. I like snorkeling when we go on vacation. I would like to get a kayak someday. I want to do more cross-country skiing when we're up in the high country in winter, and even get good at it! I don't want my weight or fitness level to keep me from enjoying things I have the opportunity to do.

Improved appearance. I want to feel good about how I look, and enjoy clothes again. (I am already doing a bit better in this area, as I was able to buy a smaller jeans size, and my husband says I look slimmer.)

Setting a good example for my son. I want him to be active, to keep trying new activities and learning new things, and to develop habits that will hopefully keep him from struggling so much in middle age as my husband and I have.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    What if health isn't # 1? I'm thinking that if I cared more about my health, I would quit smoking cigarettes. Meh... *shrugs*

strong-meme.jpg
  • algebravoodoo
    algebravoodoo Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    So I don't turn into my mother!!!!!
  • Reb2979
    Reb2979 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I want to not only look amazing in a bikini this summer but also be able to squeeze into a sexy little black dress for my 21st in november!
  • RandiLandCHANGED
    RandiLandCHANGED Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    So I can quit hearing "You look great....for having three kids." Nothing irks me as bad as that. I just want to LOOK GOOD!!
  • DorkothyParker
    DorkothyParker Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I'd like to wear anything I like again. In fact, that's #1.

I don't need to "lose weight" to be healthy, just work out for heart health. So that's #2.

I'm hoping when I look better I won't worry so much so I won't pass my neuroses onto my daughter when she is older.
  • algebravoodoo
    algebravoodoo Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    For my wedding and to look hot for my fiance later that night :wink:

Just remember... half of HOT is in your attitude, not just your thighs!
    I'm sure you'll let him know just what a lucky man he is :smooched:
    Congrats!
  • bethygirlie
    bethygirlie Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    To rub it in at the reunion....when I graduated high school I weighed 350 pounds. Now I'm 165. So they can put that in their pipe and smoke it.
  • sugboog29
    sugboog29 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Yes #1 Health
    #2..stay in good health for cheaper insurance
    #3..to show myself I can do it...(and show my mom too)
    #4..so my grandkids have a cool slim gram!
    #5..that next class reunion!!
  • RobfromLakewood
    Options
    This may seem stupid, but I really want my boyfriend to be able to feel like he has a hot girlfriend. I think he already feels that way, but i want it to be true for everyone, not just him. I think with guys I have dated in the past, maybe they have secretly been a little embarrassed to introduce me to their family or friends (This VERY well might just have been me projecting that on them). The current one is amazing and I've never felt that with him, but I just want him to be proud of me and be proud to call me his.

This makes sense to me. Most of my life I have been confident in my looks. After dating and then marrying my wife, we got into a very sedentary and fatty food abundant lifestyle. We really attacked this new and not improved us in July 2012. For me, a major motivation is that my wife is 16 years younger then me. She's already going to have to change my diapers one day, but why bring that day on sooner than it has to be or have her friends wonder why the heck she married the old fat dude. Now they can just wonder why she married the old dude.
  • Shabbyrose
    Options
    My number 2 is to prove all the neigh sayers wrong.