30 Day Shred, Round 2 -- Starting 4/12/10

Options

Replies

• spikess
    spikess Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    i've not done it in a couple of days either, i've managed to hurt my ankle and the bouncy about hasn't been helping lol. but i have just been going on walks instead. starting swimming on monday too.
  • MsRitz
    MsRitz Posts: 15
    Options
    Yesterday was level 2 day 3 and I was so not in the mood to work out. My weight is only down 2 lbs and I was really starting to beat myself up mentally. I struggled through the exhaustion and mental blocks and did the workout anyway. I am so glad I didn't give up.

I took my measurements this morning and I've lost one inch from my waist, and one inch from my belly! Seeing the change in my measurements really made me feel proud. Now I just need to resist the urge to "reward" myself. :smile:
  • jlcanon
    jlcanon Posts: 21
    Options
    I would like to join in with you ladies! I have been doing Shred for a couple of weeks now, but I am just finding your thread now. Oh well, better late than never!

I did Shred level 1 today and more cardio later when I hit the gym!
  • Mande_G
    Mande_G Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Level 1, day 9/30 DONE!

Some exercises are getting easier... some are staying about as hard. I still can't make it through the 2nd minute of jumping jacks/jumprope without taking breathers; I can't seem to do many regular push ups (whether this is because I truly don't have the strength, or I've just psyched myself out, I don't know); I can use my 8 lb weights for chest flys but only my 3 lb weights for anterior raises. I burned about 10 calories less today than yesterday; during the workout I felt like I was working hard, but afterward I felt like I didn't push hard enough.

Ah well -- one more day, then it's on to level 2!
  • Mande_G
    Options
    Level 1, day 10/30 DONE!

And since I knew I'd be going out to eat with the hubby... I did Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism. Burned over 700 cals today, but it took WORK! Barely made it through the last 2 circuits on BFBM -- but I DID. Felt GREAT afterward -- but I'm not doing THAT every day, I can tell ya! :laugh: Still, I'm glad I put in the effort, because... Tiramisu was had. A very. LARGE. piece.

Worth every drop of sweat to have it, though.
  • Mande_G
    Options
    Yesterday was a rest day, but as for today...

Level 2, day 11/30 DONE!

Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism DONE!

I've decided to add BFBM to my weekend routine -- I actually enjoyed pushing myself to complete it, even though it got REALLY tough during the last 2 (well... to be honest... 3!) circuits -- but I stuck it out! I've never pushed myself to workout like this before (never SWEATED so much in my life, either!! :laugh:), and I don't think I'm quite ready to make it a daily thing, but it's actually kinda fun -- and even though I'm TIRED and SORE, I DO feel GOOD. :bigsmile:

Now... how to "spend" all those extra calories (healthily!) ?? :laugh:
  • thendrick
    thendrick Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Can I join you? I just started today and just finished reading through your thread. Interesting to hear how you are doing with it!

In January I started Slim in 6, but was finding it hard to schedule the 50 minute workouts. 20 minutes seems much more manageable and then I'm planning to do 30 minutes on the elliptical at night.

I hate lunges. And those side lunges?! Ugh.
  • MsRitz
    Options
    Can I join you? I just started today and just finished reading through your thread. Interesting to hear how you are doing with it!

In January I started Slim in 6, but was finding it hard to schedule the 50 minute workouts. 20 minutes seems much more manageable and then I'm planning to do 30 minutes on the elliptical at night.

That's why I love this workout, it's really hard to skip a 20 minute program. :smile:

Finished day 8 of level 2 on Sunday. I also stepped on my dog during the back/forward lunges (he laid down right behing me). Man was he pissed at me for the rest of the day.
  • springgrl
    springgrl Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Level 1 8/30

I was off the Jillian wagon late last week but I am back now. I definitely feel like I am almost ready to try level 2. Good luck everybody.
  • springgrl
    Options
    I also stepped on my dog during the back/forward lunges (he laid down right behing me). Man was he pissed at me for the rest of the day.

My dog runs and hides if I do any indoor workout more vigorous than yoga. I guess I stepped on her when I was dancing or something early on.
  • Mande_G
    Options
    30 Day Shred: Level 2, day 12/30 DONE!

Did not get a chance to exercise yesterday -- was out of the house all day.

I did NOT want to Shred today -- I think I'm hormonal -- all I wanted was the couch and lots of chocolate, but I resisted! :laugh: Now for a shower and some dinner with the hubby.

Night all! :drinker:
  • MsRitz
    Options
    I was off the Jillian wagon late last week but I am back now. I definitely feel like I am almost ready to try level 2.

Welcome back! Level 2 cardio is much easier for me, but damn those plank moves...
    I did NOT want to Shred today -- I think I'm hormonal -- all I wanted was the couch and lots of chocolate, but I resisted! :laugh:
    Congrats for sticking with it!

I finished day 10 of level 2 last night. My husband provided "encouragments" as he sat in the recliner drinking wine. :noway: Fortunately he did offer to cook dinner so I wouldn't have to skip the workout. Guess that makes up for it.

- My progess after 20 days -
    total weight loss: 3 lbs :grumble:
    belly: lost an inch :smile:
    thighs: lost an inch each :happy:

Starting level 3 tonight. (where's the scared smiley....)
  • Mande_G
    Options

Of course you can join! Welcome! :flowerforyou:

I've not tried Slim in 6 -- that's a BeachBody program, yes? I have tried Power90 -- which is good, but because I took so many days off in the middle it started to lag and get boring. I'm sure I'll get back to it at some point. :wink:
  • Mande_G
    Options
    I did NOT want to Shred today -- I think I'm hormonal -- all I wanted was the couch and lots of chocolate, but I resisted! :laugh:

Congrats for sticking with it!

Thank you!
    I finished day 10 of level 2 last night. My husband provided "encouragments" as he sat in the recliner drinking wine. :noway: Fortunately he did offer to cook dinner so I wouldn't have to skip the workout. Guess that makes up for it.

- My progess after 20 days -
    total weight loss: 3 lbs :grumble:
    belly: lost an inch :smile:
    thighs: lost an inch each :happy:

Starting level 3 tonight. (where's the scared smiley....)

Nice progress!

Good luck with level 3. I think I enjoyed level 3... but I honestly don't remember for sure!
  • springgrl
    Options
    Level 1 9/30 - Done
    Cals: 256

Only one more time at this level and then going up.
  • pajamamama
    Options
    What good luck! I'm glad you posted this! I too re-started (yesterday) after trying it before and quitting. I'm determined to make it through the full 30 days this time. Count me in!
  • pajamamama
    Options
    Level 1 9/30 - Done

How are you calculating your calories burned for the Shred? I can't figure it out...
  • Mande_G
    Options
    Level 1 9/30 - Done

Awesome job!
  • Mande_G
    Options
    Level 1 9/30 - Done

How are you calculating your calories burned for the Shred? I can't figure it out...

I personally use a heart rate monitor (HRM) that calculates calories burned based on height/weight and heart rate during exercise. If you don't have an HRM, you can enter your time under "Circuit Training" and MFP will generate an estimate of your calories burned -- it's not going to be 100% accurate, of course. For example, when I plug in 28 minutes of circuit training, MFP tells me I've burned around 300 calories, when I burn around 220 according to my HRM.

Also... Welcome to the thread! :flowerforyou:
  • Mande_G
    Options
    30 Day Shred: Level 2, day 13/30 DONE!

Gotta clean my kitchen and throw some dinner together for the hubby and I. Pan grilled veggies and an egg-white omelet with fat free feta for me! Yum! :love: