What does Lulu Lemon have against fat people?

Options

Replies

• hollinn
    Options
    i totally agree
  • soufauxgirl
    soufauxgirl Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Why would you want to buy $120 pants in plus sizes when the goal is to fit into smaller sizes *shrugs*

Even when I get to my goal size I couldnt justify buying anything from them or any other trendy workout gear boutique.
  • DorkothyParker
    DorkothyParker Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    They don't want your money. Give it to someone who does.

EDIT: Personally, I don't get the point, either. But I hate yoga!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    i totally agree

With what do you agree? All 12+ pages of posts? Or with the 7+ month old OP?
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    Annoying for you, but different brands do different sizes, every brand has to start/stop their sizes somewhere. Personally I wish more brands would make smaller sizes. I have no problems at lululemon, but their clothes aren't exactly cheap.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    Why would you want to buy $120 pants in plus sizes when the goal is to fit into smaller sizes *shrugs*

Even when I get to my goal size I couldnt justify buying anything from them or any other trendy workout gear boutique.

Yeah, I don't get the appeal...I buy half my stuff at the Goodwill (if I spend lots of time looking, I can walk away with almost-new dri-fit, name brand tech gear for SUPER cheap) and the other half at Target, Kohl's, free tech shirts from various running events, etc. I spend money on my running shoes and races, but skimp on everything else. When I first began losing weight, my goal was to get back into "regular" sizes so it would be easier to buy clothes, but I've never been much for fashion. When I was close to my goal weight last year, noone but me (and now all of MFP lol) knew that I was wearing $2 shorts...I had very close to the body I wanted and that made even the cheap stuff look good :D
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,507 Member
    Options
    i totally agree

With what do you agree? All 12+ pages of posts? Or with the 7+ month old OP?

lol
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I buy half my stuff at the Goodwill (if I spend lots of time looking, I can walk away with almost-new dri-fit, name brand tech gear for SUPER cheap)

Me too! I've found some amazing stuff there that looks brand new! Expensive brand name stuff too.
  • believe22
    believe22 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I dont care if your reasoning is to workout or to look fashionable. $100 for a pair of yoga pants is just dumb.
  • GabrielleGreen33
    GabrielleGreen33 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    You're right. When I was much heavier, I was really bothered by this sort of thing (still am, but I can fit into their clothing now).
    My local Zellers used to put the plus size clothing next to the work out gear, which really stung.
    It really makes a person feel like they should be ashamed of themselves, especially when even the work out clothing you require to be comfortable working out doesn't even come in your size!

Considering it's a store devoted to FITNESS, I feel that it is discriminatory to not have larger sizes.

Well, you know what? If they don't have your size, they obviously don't need your money!
    Plus, who needs a pair of 100$ sweat pants to work out? I'm sure the scraggly old sweats in your closet will do just fine :wink: .

(O.K.... I do own two pairs of their pants.:embarassed: ... But they just make your butt look so good. Sigh)
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options

Considering it's a store devoted to FITNESS, I feel that it is discriminatory to not have larger sizes.

Really though, they have to stop somewhere, even if they made them in OPs size, there would still be 500lb people who can't fit into them. Same as far as making even smaller sizes goes. The more unusual the size the more likely they are going to make a loss on it as well, they would have to make thousands for stores all over the world and then only sell a small percentage of them.
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    I share your frustration, not particularly about that company, but in general. It is so hard to find the right sports bra if you are still a work in progress. (like myself) I started at 330 pounds, size 26/28. The sports bras available in that size offer no support whatsoever. I found a couple that give me one giant uniboob. No thank you. Yet in the sizes meant for Thumbelina they offer all kinds of support... for people who are an A or B cup? They dont need the support for their kiwi size boobies, my grapefruits could really use the help though. I'm a runner and I wear a regular bra with a one-size-too-small snug uniboob sports bras over the top to keep the girls from bouncing. I should say if I had $100 to spend my options open up just slightly. There were some super cute ones at walmart I wanted sooooo bad. They only go up to size 40D. I'm usually 44DD or 42DDD. I worked really hard and my bras are getting looser. I finally fit into a 40 so I tried one on. At least I know know that even if their band size fits, no matter what I lose the cup isnt gonna happen. Their 40D felt like a 40B. It made the boobs squeeze out my armpits. Nice, now I have 4 boobs. That is worse than tire boob/uniboob. If stores would carry plus sizes I would not have to choose between 1 boob or 4, I'm happy with 2!
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    Seriously? Their size chart - http://www.lululemon.com/education/info/sizes?mnid=mn;education;size-chart?mnid=ftr;size_chart

What does it matter? If you don't fit, don't buy from them. This is so stupid. There are so many more important things to worry or rant about.
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I share your frustration, not particularly about that company, but in general. It is so hard to find the right sports bra if you are still a work in progress. (like myself) I started at 330 pounds, size 26/28. The sports bras available in that size offer no support whatsoever. I found a couple that give me one giant uniboob. No thank you. Yet in the sizes meant for Thumbelina they offer all kinds of support... for people who are an A or B cup? They dont need the support for their kiwi size boobies, my grapefruits could really use the help though. I'm a runner and I wear a regular bra with a one-size-too-small snug uniboob sports bras over the top to keep the girls from bouncing. I should say if I had $100 to spend my options open up just slightly. There were some super cute ones at walmart I wanted sooooo bad. They only go up to size 40D. I'm usually 44DD or 42DDD. I worked really hard and my bras are getting looser. I finally fit into a 40 so I tried one on. At least I know know that even if their band size fits, no matter what I lose the cup isnt gonna happen. Their 40D felt like a 40B. It made the boobs squeeze out my armpits. Nice, now I have 4 boobs. That is worse than tire boob/uniboob. If stores would carry plus sizes I would not have to choose between 1 boob or 4, I'm happy with 2!
    Wow bitter much. Sorry that everyone isnt huge. The store sells to the average size of their target market. Most fit people shopping in athletic stores dont weigh 300lbs. Froma financial standpoint it makes no sense to target that market. Maybe you can open a new store that caters to your demographic or get you clothes custom made
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    As someone who started 300lb was it frustrating trying to find a decent sports bra? Of course. But the reality is that generally bigger people don't exercise. It's not a slam at the ones who do (I did, I played softball) but they are th rare ones.
  • orangelobster
    Options
    I swear by lulu lemon. I've got two pairs of yoga shorts that have lasted me almost 7 years. They are the most comfortable awesome shorts ever.
    If you can afford it, then check it out.
    Personally I'd rather pay more for something that is better quality and lasts longer than some piece of walmart junk

Non sweat shop labour is important to me as well.
  • jiggy66
    jiggy66 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Womp, womp. This is why "cute gym clothes" is one of my motivations. Instead of complaining about it, get to that size and just deal with it.
  • jiggy66
    jiggy66 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Old Navy padded sports bras - awesome!
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options

Well excuse you, but my "thumbelina" size B boobs, bounce just as much as yours when I run or exercise.

Just because your bitter, does not give you the right to make fun of thinner people.

BTW, the work is never finished... I'm still a work in process, even though I've lost the majority of weight.
  • misslindseylou
    misslindseylou Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    To those who are looking for good plus sized athletic wear, look at your local JCPenney. I work there and at my store we have a plus sized fitness department that goes up to a 3x, and the stuff looks like it's really good quality, plus they're affordable.