Black Team Week 15

Options

Replies

• familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    just to let you know I am lurking this morning off to work talk to ya'll later...Everyone have an awesome day I know I will..because I choose too!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    just to let you know I am lurking this morning off to work talk to ya'll later...Everyone have an awesome day I know I will..because I choose too!

Amen, my sister-- joy is a choice-- woo-hooooooo!

Love this team!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Lori and Marla............I feel ya.

My problem is I AM the 130 lb girl (why add the extra 2-3 pounds when 130 sounds so good :laugh:) I no longer feel like a fat person, I no longer want recognition for attaining a healthy status...........but every day someone looks at me like :noway: and says something like " Your KEEPing it off?" or " You STILL exercise??" or " Is that a dried up ol salad....aGAIN??"

Always from ppl who are 50-100-150 lbs over weight. I got a bit mad when someone said they couldnt do it because "YOU have no idea what it is really like, and it is impossible to lose 100+ pounds Jeannie..........." So of course I grabbed my Iphone and pulled up Black Team.............and SHOWED her 5 ppl who lost 100+ pounds.

Normal, everyday people. Poor ppl, rich ppl, inbetween ppl....................who CHOSE to go a different route and take their lives into their hands.

No, I am not eating a dried up ol salad.......it has yummy chicken, avacado, tomato, onion and balsamic vinager on it............and YES I am going to take the stairs and park in the back, for ever and ever, Amen.

Lori, I finally changed my ticker to read my current weight and the weight I would like to lose. I feel after 1 yr I AM the 133 girl!! WOOT!
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,758 Member
    Options
    Marla- on a certain level I miss the fact that people notice the weight loss and comment on it, it does make you feel good. While I miss the comments and praise that make me know I worked hard, I also don't want the people who have only known me for the past year to see the 'fat' pictures. Most of my gym friends say they can't imagine me with 50 extra pounds. I could show them a picture but then again, I don't really want them to see me like that. It's not worth the 'wow' from them, it's almost like I'm embarrassed by what I used to be.

Jeannie- I hear you loud and clear and I think I am where you are. I am the 153 pound girl. I am going do do a reset on here too and start over. After a year in the same place, it is who I am.
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Marla- on a certain level I miss the fact that people notice the weight loss and comment on it, it does make you feel good. While I miss the comments and praise that make me know I worked hard, I also don't want the people who have only known me for the past year to see the 'fat' pictures. Most of my gym friends say they can't imagine me with 50 extra pounds. I could show them a picture but then again, I don't really want them to see me like that. It's not worth the 'wow' from them, it's almost like I'm embarrassed by what I used to be.

Jeannie- I hear you loud and clear and I think I am where you are. I am the 153 pound girl. I am going do do a reset on here too and start over. After a year in the same place, it is who I am.

Ok and I will reset mine to 10 pounds........the real goal I should be shooting for 0002013F.gif
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Oh and BTW............has anyone noticed how great MARLA looks? So thin and young and healthy......WOW can't believe how skinny she is...........0002013F.gif
  • mumsanutter
    mumsanutter Posts: 3,067 Member
    Options
    Hello team,

I had some compliments today at my youngest sons preschool. They all commented on how good I looked, and when I told them what I was doing exercise wise they were saying things like 'oh, aren't you good', 'I couldn't do that'. This is from mums that all live within walking distance of the school and all drive - the only reason I drive there is because if I tried to walk after taking John and Tom to school (walking) I would never get there in time.

I have done 80 minutes walking today (2 school runs) and 20 minutes on the bike. I will be going on the bike and eliptical later as well as the weights.

Will check back later
  • Marla64
    Options
    Oh and BTW............has anyone noticed how great MARLA looks? So thin and young and healthy......WOW can't believe how skinny she is...........0002013F.gif

Who me? Oh, Jeannie-- this is all so unexpected-- :wink:
  • Marla64
    Options

Ok and I will reset mine to 10 pounds........the real goal I should be shooting for 0002013F.gif

So, we three, at least, are on the same page-- I'm 172 this morning-- up the same 5-- I get one off, go up two-- get two off, go up one, get one off, go up three-- never getting all 5 off and then some--

But, you know, whatever--
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Breaking news: I miss you guys.
  • Marla64
    Options
    Breaking news: I miss you guys.

This just in......... I miss you, too!
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    I reset mine awhile ago. Makes life so much easier.

News Flash....I miss you too !
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Heck I miss you too!!!
  • 72lori
    Options
    Awww! All this missin' going around! It's giving me warm fuzzies!

Hugs to you all.
  • 72lori
    Options

I was just thinking the same thing. I thought to myself, now that Marla, she has worked her tail off and she looks freaking great! I swear she looks like she's been hitting the weights. What a woman!
  • Marla64
    Options

I was just thinking the same thing. I thought to myself, now that Marla, she has worked her tail off and she looks freaking great! I swear she looks like she's been hitting the weights. What a woman!

:blushing: pssssh-- go on-- you're embarrassing me-- I mean, I have been working out a little-- but, gosh, you're going to turn my head with all this-- :wink: :laugh:
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options

So, we three, at least, are on the same page-- I'm 172 this morning-- up the same 5-- I get one off, go up two-- get two off, go up one, get one off, go up three-- never getting all 5 off and then some--

I would not like to be on the same page but cause I am I guess there is no one better to be on it with!! I also switched up my ticker.
  • 72lori
    Options

I would not like to be on the same page but cause I am I guess there is no one better to be on it with!! I also switched up my ticker.

That's what I love about this team, so many of you are right where I am. It makes it better. Not that I'm happy you are all where I am, but it could be worse and hey, misery loves company.

I am happy for those team members that are still losing and not in the 'stuck forever- my body likes it here' club, but honestly, if this whole team was losing week after week and nobdoy 'got me' I'd stop coming back! The people that are losing keep reminding me how it felt long ago when I was doing it and it feels good!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Yeah! Look what we started!!

Cuz of you all I did 30 minutes of high intensity cardio after I worked an hour with the trainer.

I feel fanFREAKINtastic folks!!
  • Marla64
    Options
    Yeah! Look what we started!!

Cuz of you all I did 30 minutes of high intensity cardio after I worked an hour with the trainer.

I feel fanFREAKINtastic folks!!

So proud of you, Jeannie-- :smooched: