SKINNY VS CURVY

Options

Replies

• lollylops
    lollylops Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Everyone has different body types But I just don't understand why it's almost accepted to put down naturally skinny women and praise people who are obese as curvy, don't people think about how it makes slimmer people feel? to constantly hear in the media how 'men want a real women not a bag of bones' I'm not skinny myself and am a uk 12 but know people who have been bullied for being naturally thin and it really angers me.
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    I'm a a figure 8 or high hip hourglass. I like my shape & want to keep it.
    U can be skinny & curvy at the same time. But I want to be fit & muscular!
  • CrystalFlury
    CrystalFlury Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Healthy and fit. And to anyone who says no butt, no boobs means stick figure then you obviously don't know what you're talking about. I have some curve because of my frame/structure but by no means do I have boobs (A cup) and I have a butt though it doesn't stick out like most "large bootied" women. I can't control either one of those areas. I gain weight, I gain it in my midsection. That's just how I'm made.
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Depending on who you ask...

Skinny might mean "underweight" or simply "not overweight".

Curvy might mean "a proportional dramatic hourglass shape, regardless of weight", or it might mean "fat", or maybe "really big boobs" or perhaps (my favorite) "anything that's not a perfectly straight line"

So, who the hell knows?
  • AzaleaNicole38
    AzaleaNicole38 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    So many definitions of skinny and curvy that it's hard to say. I have a larger derriere and an ok bust, but at the end of the day I still think I'm overweight, not curvy. As much as I'd like to have that hourglass figure 8 look, I don't think I'll ever achieve it, because it's not how my body is built.
    It's a proportions game, so since as I can't change my genetics I guess I just want to be fit.
    Sidenote: When I was "skinny" I still had a big butt and average boobs. Yet my body still was close to a straight up and down line, unless I turned to the side. Can't have it all sometimes!
  • pollyineedtobeskinny
    Options
    It's safe to say I will never make a forum like this again hahahaha ha so much drama!
  • melbatoast917
    melbatoast917 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Muscular.. Skinny is weak, curvy is fat.
  • growingsmaller3
    growingsmaller3 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    What do you prefer?

SKINNY or CURVY?

What body shape do you have / want? :-)

I personally don't believe it's healthy to idealize the appearance of one body type or another (whether it be thinspo, fitspo, a skinny body, a curvy body, etc., it's all incredibly damaging), and quite honestly I don't really see the point. It's not as though you can change the structure of your body's skeleton, nor can you really change the way that your body naturally deposits fat.

So long story short, why waste your time idealizing a body you will never be able to obtain, when you have the chance to love, appreciate, and indulge the one that you have, and will always have? What is the point in desiring a body, when you already have a beautiful, functioning one of your own? :)

I personally have a body that is skinny AND curvy, AND I adore every ounce of it. I wouldn't change a single thing about my body if I had the chance, although my mentality would be another story, but I'm still working on that! ;)
  • justgowithit17
    justgowithit17 Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    It's safe to say I will never make a forum like this again hahahaha ha so much drama!

learned the lesson the hard way, ehh?

and i would prefer to have a curvy body at my gw, but i'm not too sure if that will happen. anyways, no matter what body type you have, if you're healthy and toned, you're bound to look great!
  • mireyap21
    Options
    i want to be fit, healthy and tone! so it doesnt really matter!
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
  • Natashaa1991
    Natashaa1991 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    i am skinny, and i prefer it this way.

you look nice and curvy to me!

well i do have naturally "curvy" structure but I am overall skinny. i am really happy it's like that-nobody wants a 12 year old boy's body. but i don't call myself curly because of my lack of boobies.

yeah--many women actually do strive for the 12 year old boy look. Look at the people with goal weights that correspond to a BMI of 16, 17, 18...yeah...sorry, that's just not going to be curvy for 95% of people--it will be shapeless and unhealthy.

I know... I don't want that. I am thinner and weight less than most of the girls my age but I don't look too skinny. I have big waist-hip ratio and my butt is quite big. To be honest, most people have better body than me naturally, I've seen a lot of girls putting on weight and still looking fine (with flat tummies and all that). When I put on weight, i look weird and disproportioned, it all goes to wrong places. So I have to keep myself thin in order to look good. Of course, my goal is to build more muscle.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    apollo-oh-no-not-again.jpg
  • Yorda_x
    Yorda_x Posts: 19
    Options
    Skinny because I can never be curvy and make it look good, I got no boobs and really curvy just means hourglass, boobs, hips. Obviously I'd rather be curvy but it's just not possible, my extra weight is all thighs and bingo wings. Not attractive! Lol
  • aimeeernest
    aimeeernest Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    both? lol. I want to be curvy because thats what's attractive... but im not meaning overweight.
  • bub_snig
    Options
    I want a body shape where I don't cringe when I see a photo. If that is skinny or curvy, we will see when we get there.

Me too!
  • aimeeernest
    aimeeernest Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    i wanna look like THIS:

1107-tight-butt_zps245797d9.jpg
  • spitfire1962
    spitfire1962 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    You can't put people into categories like this. I'm curvy, big hips and big chest, can't help it. I will always have curves no matter how small I get. But I prefer to be fit and toned. Everyone has different body types so it's not fair to them to generalize a body shape. Some are lean and trim, some are stockier, tall, short, etc... Let's all concentrate on being fit and healthy. :) Just saying....
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Curvy! Even when I had an ED in high school, I was "curvy" 103 lbs at 5'5", c cup, and size 3/4 jeans. There is no such thing as skinny on my body.

With that being said, I am not one of those women that calls myself "curvy" to feel better about being fat. I know I'm fat. I know I need to lose over 20 lbs just to be in the healthy range. I also know that I want to be strong and fit when I come out of this and just need to figure out what workouts work for me and that I can stay dedicated to.
  • sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    How I feel while reading this thread:

74647593_wtf_gif.gif