You logged what as exercise?

Options

Replies

• Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Wow, Guess i didn't expect to get so much hate. Should have figured, can't ask a question with out being made to feel like an idiot. Back to the hole I crawled out of. Should have known i'm not allowed to have an opinion.

People were not being hateful, and you are the one who decides whether or not you have an opinion on something.
  • seraph0820
    Options
    I log sex for sure! It is definitely a workout and not a daily activity...usually ;)
  • desiv2
    desiv2 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I wonder if they wear a HRM while masturbating?

Once I had to wear a heart holter monitor thingy (dr wanted to monitor my heart for possible problems)

Well, I thought it would be fun to wear while my husband and I 'made love'.... Then the doctor mentioned a big spike at 10PM and I suddenly got embarrassed and bet he knew exactly why and I felt dumb for wearing the device during sex.

Haha, that's awesome....:laugh:
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    I log sex for sure! It is definitely a workout and not a daily activity...usually ;)

My husband teases me and tries to convince me to log sex. I am embarrassed to know that my parents know I have sex. And I am 41 and been married 21 years .
  • desiv2
    desiv2 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Wow, Guess i didn't expect to get so much hate. Should have figured, can't ask a question with out being made to feel like an idiot. Back to the hole I crawled out of. Should have known i'm not allowed to have an opinion.

My advice is to never post something on a public forum without expecting it to be criticized. Just like you have an opinion, so do others. Their opinion just happened to be different from yours. It doesn't make them mean.

On a random note, I had one friend log sex as 'moving furniture'... lmao!
  • L14nDv
    L14nDv Posts: 33 Member
    Options

I don't think there was any 'hate' in the thread. Just other opinions. You can't expect to pose a opinionated question without getting mixed opinions back. Take everything with as pinch of salt and remember you can't read emotions through text. Most people do not aim to say hurtful things. Take it with good intentions.
  • lamby284
    lamby284 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    hey now, sex/*kitten* can get very intense sometimes. you might feel a burn in the legs or something. personally, i find it amusing. when im bored, i add "brushing teeth" in my exercise log. 5 calories burned in 2 minutes right there!
  • Krissy_b777
    Options
    anything you do at a constint pace would be considered exercise so whatever people track is there business i track cleaning and etc because i have kids and am constantly running after them! and ive only been on here since what saturday and already am seeing results so to each is own, plus i do a daily routine of zumba!!

This exactly!

MFP have these things on here for a reason. They are considered exercise. I use them when I do them. Last night I cleaned my closet, and I'll be damned if I didn't burn some calories. The sex and stuff is not already on here, but hey do your thing, whatever makes you happy and burn calories.
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    I've logged none of those...except I did log hanging up Christmas lights b/c I was outside for 5 hours and going up & down a ladder. I used yard work and then cut it in half or something to guess at the calories. I burned something b/c I am sedentary...I mean I usually watch tv or read or am on the computer if I'm off work, so...I was outside climbing ladders...it is not normal activity for me, my legs and back and shoulders were killing me...I did something.

I also logged baking over Christmas, because I met up with the neighborhood women and we baked cookies for....5 hours or maybe it was 6 hours...whatever, again this is not something I EVER do...so I logged it but I looked up baking and then reduced it so as not to over calculated calories burned. (note: my husband is retired he does all the cooking, etc at our house)

Other than that; I only log true exercise. That being said on another "pay site" for challenges, etc. If you did it every day it didn't qualify, if it wasn't something you did daily, it would qualify. Say you gardened or did yard work or raked leaves...but this isn't something you do normally, you could log it, but if it is your job and you do it daily...no you couldn't log it as exercise. But, that was the challenge criteria.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    I log when I waddle, but only when I do it with purpose. Sometimes, I even waddle in the pool with purpose.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I set my activity level to sedentary because my workouts have been quite variable, due to health concerns and other factors. This way, I can have a more accurate calorie goal each day based on what I have done. I usually log only actual workouts, but sometimes things like setting up the table for Christmas dinner (MOVING the very large table, taking a leaf out of it, storing the leaf in the closet, and then setting it) add up to enough effort that they are worth noting. I think I put that under cleaning and moving household items. Sometimes when someone records "light cleaning" they may be giving an estimate for some other activity that they think took similar effort.
  • ApexLeader
    ApexLeader Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    don't log stuff you've always done and led to your weight gain (like reading or walking around your house).

at least for me, i only log my actual exercises, where i'm out raising my heart rate and doing a concerted effort to burn calories.

there is just too much potential for overvaluing your expended calories if you log everything you do. when you overvalue that, you will lose weight slower than you think and that can lead to disappointment, and disappointment leads to eating and less exercise and that leads to more weight
  • drgmac
    drgmac Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    To each his or her own. I personally only log activity that really increases my heart rate and concentrates on weights/cardio. I walk a lot from place to place in my job and I just consider that a bonus that I don't log.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    *looks at OP's profile*

*Facepalms*

GO EAT. KEEP IT DOWN. YOU WILL STOP FEELING SO WHINY.
  • crowunruh
    crowunruh Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I am also a stay at home mom of an extremley active 2 year old and a 1st grader. I have my activity set to sedentary and I will log 1 hour cleaning everyday. I also workout hard 6x's a week so I know I am far from sedentary. But that is what works for me. I have lost almost 40 pounds with MFP and almost 80 pounds in total. I don't log my exercise or activies for anyone but myself.
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    Sex for you may not be the same for others. It burns a helluva lot more calories than taking a walk sometimes... :smokin:
  • kayduro
    kayduro Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I wonder if they wear a HRM while masturbating?

<Giggle>
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    House cleaning can be a b*tch. It all depends.

Washing dishes, nah....but I break a sweat scrubbing floors or vacuuming large areas

oh, sorry to detract from all the sex talk heehee
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    *looks at OP's profile*

*Facepalms*

Yeah...just read it.

As per your profile instructions: "it will be ok" (feel better?)
  • BrunetteWife
    BrunetteWife Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    *looks at OP's profile*

*Facepalms*

Yeah...just read it.

As per your profile instructions: "it will be ok" (feel better?)

I was about to do the same thing.