Is anyone exercising at 5:45 in the morning??

Options
12345679»

Replies

• yummymummy65
    yummymummy65 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Yes... In fact I'm on the elliptical by 5:15am. I realize that it's early but I see it as my "ME" time. Furthermore... If I don't don't do it at this time I find that life gets in the way and I use it as excuses to not work out. My early workout also helped me get rid of a lot of weight (about 55lbs worth) when I decided that I didn't want to be fat anymore. It gave me structure.

Good luck. Hope this helps inspire you to wake up early to workout.
  • AZChatterB
    AZChatterB Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Add me to the early morning exercise group --- 5:50 am MST. I use the "you snooze, you lose" motto to keep me from hitting the snooze button in the mornings. I also like the mornings better because it gets me going and I'm hopeful that it will rev my metabolism for continued fat burning throughout the day. As an added bonus, I don't have to feel guilty when I get home to make sure I get a workout in since I already did so in the morning. :happy:
  • Buettner22
    Buettner22 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I get up at 4am, get to the gym by 430 workout till 615 rush home shower and out the door by 7 for work. I also see my personal trainer in the evening twice a week and im in bed hopefully asleep by 930.
  • shorrtcaake
    Options
    Always at five or six :) Or sometimes even four or three. I keep a strange schedule so I'm up at night and in the morning is when I have the most energy and I'm really focused. :)
  • socalifas
    Options
    Yes you're not alone! I wake up at 5am and my gym is half full by the time i get there at 530, keep pushing!
  • sss1966
    sss1966 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Definitely! my alarm goes off at 520am, I am straight into workout clothes and either do exercise dvds or go running, I am at my happiest this time of the day and find it more difficult as the day goes on!
  • NeverGivingUp
    NeverGivingUp Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I get up at 4:50am to go to my basement to work out Monday-Friday and get up at 6:00am on the weekends .
  • jdlifsey
    jdlifsey Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I wake up at 4:55am. I'm at the gym at 5:30 or 6:30 depending on which gym I go to.
    I'm a member at Anytime Fitness (small gym) but my friend is a member at Planet Fitness (bigger gym). I get in for free with her.
    I work upper body on Mondays, lower body on Tuesdays, midsection on Wednesdays, run and shoulder work on Thursdays, run on Fridays, ride on Saturday mornings, and run or ride on Sundays.
  • jbmcash
    jbmcash Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yup 5a boot camp M-W-F, 5:30a cardio S--T-Th
  • galenofedgewood
    galenofedgewood Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Starting at 0600, most mornings.

Some days I'll run during lunch too.
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    Only exercise I get at that hour is my mind. I start work at 4:45 a.m
  • monkeefun
    monkeefun Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Working nights I would try and get to the gym after work at 7AM, or at least come home and do something. Not always easy, but I found it would be easier to go to the gym when I'm already out and about rather than leave the house later to do so. Plus it freed up the rest of my day for naptime! However, switching to a 3-11 schedule this coming week again, which means I am definitely going to have to work on this getting up and working out thing early. I am totally not someone who will find that easy!
  • shawnteahsing
    shawnteahsing Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I would love to work out early inthe morning but I have to be to work at 5:30. My gym doesn't open till 5. So I work out after work, everyday!!
  • Valencia123456
    Valencia123456 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Obviously I'm just starting out. Do you guys eat before you exercise in the morning or after?

Totally AFTER!: I get stomach cramps if I eat before, unless I got up at 3 to let my food digest for an hour! The only thing I might do is have an 8 oz protein shake (just protein powder and water, 0 fruits)