Join us for Jillian's 30 Day Slimdown.... (April 1)

Options

Replies

• Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Hey Peeps,
    Yawning as I'm heading for bed - what a DAY!! Super busy but I still fit in 55 min of FIRM High Def Sculpt and 30 min of latin dance when I got home. Now I'm just wiped out but in a good way!
    Polar didn't come yet :grumble: but trying to be patient ... not my strong suit:laugh: !!
    Weigh in day supposed to be on Monday but I think i'm changing back to Saturdays....

Welcome back Mschelle - sorry you're having foot problems , hope they're better soon!!

I can't keep my eyes open anymore ... .will check in tomorrow

((Hugs to all))

janet:heart:
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Eliza - "I WILL make this weight come off". Determination, sister!!! :) I have a polar f6 too. Pink and I like it. :) I don't use it for everything, but find it helpful. I have no idea why level 3 is on the outs with this program. Do you have plans to modify (and incorporate it?)

Mschelle -Hi!!! Glad to see you back. Hope the orthotics end up being helpful.

Janet.... well, you don't have to be good at EVERYTHING!!! Lack of patience actually translates into some very positive qualities: high sense of urgency, which can be a great source of motivation. :wink:

Anyone else wondering what you're going to do when this is done? I find that's starting to be a dominating thought.. hmmmmmm.....
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    OK...dragging my feet down the stairs to do Day 5, BFBM....love and hate that one!!!!

Eliza, the weight will move...just focus on being able to do more...wanting to do more...finishing more than you did a month ago...focusing on numbers will drive you crazy

Mschelle, my foot is doing better sleeping in my sexy ortheses...hope you do the same....remember, ibuprofen (motrin 2x a day), ice, splint for 2 weeks

Janet, do you ever sit down? burn, burn, burn, your the poster child for movin' it

Smiles...we can keep this thread going...we can pose a challenge each month...I was on a HRM challenge (3500/week) and that kind of lost interest (especially, when my foot needed to be rested), or we could do minutes of exercise, loss of percentage of body weight....the possibilites are endless
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Finished Day 5, love that burn...I feel awesome for getting it done...well, off to work, I'll check in later about midnight

OK, it's the weekend, stay strong with the goodies.

KIM
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    Good idea, with keeping the thread going and just spicing it up. We have a great support group going here. For me, it truly makes all the difference in the amount of effort and energy I put into working out. On my own, I'll do "average". With a fun group like this, I get motivated to kick some butt. :wink:

Today I am ... MOTIVATIONALLY CHALLENGED. Not not so much regarding exercise - but with doing my actual work - the stuff I get paid for. I work from home and I would much rather do Jillian and go for a run than all this paperwork and phone calls I need to complete. Considering making myself wait to exercise until at least half of my "real work" is approached....
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    Today was NMTZ - did it with mostly 5 lb weights. Decided I wanted more cardio and since it was raining (no run), I put in BL Cardio Max and did the entire thing - worked up a sweat! Used 5 lbs during the first set of that too. :)
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Holy Buckets, Smiles, with the exercising

Today, was crazy, at work...kept switching my assignments so that I ended up with 7 pts for one night and fried my brain...people have such complex medical problems....Discharged one guy on about 25 meds, insulin, etc....who can keep up with all that???

I propose a challenge for next week...try a new veggie dish...give feedback and the recipe

I want to make a mediterrian (sp??) salad with artichokes, lettucte, grape tomatoes, feta cheese and a balsamic dressing...I am so picky about salad dressings.

Tomorrow is Day 6 for me, Quick Trouble Zones...should be easy enough...would like to add cardio; but, I work at 3:00 and my kids have bowling in the morning...I would like to go watch them for a while

Well, it's 12:30 now, I'm having a therapeutic glass of red wine and going to bed soon...good night
  • elizabennett
    Options
    Hello friends! Today has been rough. I woke up and went right to yoga, but I don't think I had been drinking enough before. I felt really light-headed and like I was going to throw up, which has never happened before. I was sick and shaky after, I still am actually. I thought maybe I haven't been eating enough carbs to fuel the extra workouts I've been doing, so I ate a bunch today. Too many actually! :embarassed: I am trying to decide if I want to cram in BFBM like I should have done hours ago to make up for the extra calories I ate today, or just let it go and let my body rest. I really want to go to yoga in the morning so I don't want to over-do it.

I am getting a little worried about my eating next week because I am leaving to go to PA on Monday. I will basically be travelling overnight and half a day:grumble: and then I am there to help my SIL after having her 4th C-section. I am super excited, but I know they don't eat the healthiest and I love to cook and bake for other people, so it will be tempting to eat it. Plus, I won't have access to my staple healthy foods and I don't really feel like I can ask them to go out and buy certain foods specifically for me. I will be bringing my Coach's Oats and carefully proportioned chopped walnuts so I can still have my healthy breakfast, though. Any suggestions you guys have would be awesome. I might need to get on here all the time to make sure I don't give in!

Kim, I really like the idea about the new veggie dish. A little something to spice my food life up! You are awesome for fitting in your workouts with such a crazy schedule. 7 pts? What type of unit do you work in? My husband is an RN but he's pretty much done critical care or step-down units. I think he hasn't really ever had more than 4 pts. You are amazing to keep up with all that!

Smiles, seriously, you are the woman! I tried 5 lbers on NMTZ yesterday. I was dying, but I have seen you animals doing it so I knew I had to also! I know what you mean about this group motivating and inspiring. I get on here and see how much you guys are kicking butt and I can't NOT do my workout, and it makes me do a little more besides. Thanks for everything guys! Have a great weekend!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Eliz, good that you are listening to your body...I am a firm believer if you are truly hungry; then, you should eat

I think when you hit PA, maybe stop at a grocery store and just pick up a few things. Plus, if you are doing the cooking, you have an advantage.

I work in a telemetry unit (cardiac monitoring). I work in a small hospital in the suburbs of St. Paul. I'm not interested in critical care because most of the patients that we get in our hospital are so old and crunchy, I feel that they are better off in heaven.

We don't get the trauma level patients of younger accident victims. I see families make some poor choices. RNs know when a pt is going to die. The guy I discharged yesterday was on 25 different medications and a feeding tube. I believe in quality of life not quantity. When my time comes, I just want a peaceful death without a hundred tests and family drama. So, I give a lot of credit to critical care RNs. As you know, we can't give our personal opinions. Families have to make their own decisions. It's hard to lose someone you love.

Not sure I am working out today...the wine got the better of me and I didn't get to sleep in. Why???? The dogs whining!!! Not kids!!! Dogs!!!

So, workout buddies, I will check you out after work. HAGD
  • elizabennett
    Options
    Kim, I know what you mean about quality of life. My husband did have a hard time seeing all the things people were doing to keep their older family members alive, only to be sick and in pain longer. We're both along the lines that if it's our time, it's our time and not go to extremes to extend life. Everyone has their own rights to do as they want, though. The last hospital he worked at was a level 1 trauma and they had patients from all over, young and old. He's doing life-flight right now and really enjoys that much more. That's a great idea about asking to go to the store and buy some of the foods I need to have. I just hope they won't feel bad about it!

So I slacked and didn't do BFBM. AND I didn't go to yoga. I was just not feeling well and so sore. I am really tempted to try and get in a "last chance workout" type of deal where I do a ton of them today. But then I worry I would be doing too much. I over analyze things way too much! :laugh: But I see Janet and Smiles doing a million different things on the same day and I think I should do it too! Way to over motivate me guys! I'll let you know what I finally end up doing. Talk to you later!
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    :laugh: Talk about over-motivating..... I was all set to go for a run AND do BFBM b/c I want to stay on track with the program AND I want to keep up with running every other day. Trouble is... I haven't done either yet. :laugh: Big plans, little execution.

No, really, I'm updating my ipod so I have something decent to listen to while I'm out there - makes it so much more fun - but I hope that the sun is still out and I still have all that oomph once the sync is done... otherwise, I've missed the window of when I was actually motivated.

Hope you have a great trip Eliza - and I agree with Kim - Just see if you can make a trip to the grocery store and buy some basics if they don't have them at their place. Things that I keep on hand that are easy are instant oatmeal (Quaker Oats' weight control banana bread flavor is AWESOME with a scoop of peanut butter), english muffins, peanut butter, baby carrots, nuts, fruit, popcorn. I wouldn't think that those items would be terribly offensive - and yet, they're "safe" for snacking.... I would think if you have safe options around then you'd be able to stay in check and even if actual "meals" are dangerous - you could limit your portions pretty easily b/c you've been eating good stuff throughout the day. Would that work?

Good luck! And have fun with the lil' baby :)
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    OMG. I may be insane. I jogged for 40 mins, walked 20 and followed up with BFBM. I have come to the conclusion that maybe there's a REASON Jillian isn't already telling us to do that. It's a bit much. My little ol heart just wasn't in it 100%.

Tomorrow's a rest day, thank goodness.

I doubled up on the exercise though b/c i have these crazy cravings surfacing for Taco Bell, McDonald's, oreos, ice cream. I figured, if I do the work, then I can fulfill the godawful cravings for junk without doing too much damage. I hope those nachos end up being worth all this hard work! ;)
  • elizabennett
    Options
    Smiles, we are so in the same mindset! I biked for 50 minutes and then did BFBM. It was nuts but I did almost the same thing the other day (actually, less biking) and I felt much better this time. My body is getting used to it or something. And, I have been having this strange craving for pizza and figured I might as well eat it if I can work for the calories first. I hope you enjoy your food, I know I will like mine!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    But I see Janet and Smiles doing a million different things on the same day and I think I should do it too! Way to over motivate me guys! I'll let you know what I finally end up doing. Talk to you later!

I know...they are workout animals

I didn't work out either...I am still sore from NMTZ and that was 3 days ago...I did BFBM yesterday
  • nisijam5
    Options
    I doubled up on the exercise though b/c i have these crazy cravings surfacing for Taco Bell, McDonald's, oreos, ice cream. I figured, if I do the work, then I can fulfill the godawful cravings for junk without doing too much damage. I hope those nachos end up being worth all this hard work! ;)

That's a good point...it's like putting money in the bank...let me know what you pick

Here's a great nacho fix...line a baking sheet with low-fat refried beans, low-fat sour cream, lettuce, tomatoes, salsa, olives, low-fat cheese and fresh jalepenos...so, good and you can make it at home...buy some nice gourmet chips
  • Dragonfly11
    Options
    Hi My Peeps,
    How is everyone?? Working hard I see!! I expect nothing less from you guys, just amazing!! Okay Friday I did 20min TJ before work, bowled for 30 min and did 30 min of latin dancing ( WOW! that salsa stuff was pretty challenging!!) , Saturday was NMTZ w/ 5lbers and that was super hard in places and I was screaming at the TV!! Today is "rest day" but I want junk too!! What's going on!! I have a Kashi pizza in the oven and I hope that get's the craving satisfied!!
    It's offical .... 178.,4, Ta Daah!! Hurray!! That in itself makes me want to rethink the junk and drink a bunch of water:laugh:

Plan on a 5 mile walk later on it's such a beautiful day.. I am up for the veggie challenge and that mediteranian salad sounds delish!!

Will check back later ... i smell food hahaha

Janet:heart:
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    :) Hey Kim, thanks for the nacho fix - I'll have to try it. This time, the craving was purely psychological - so I worked for it and enjoyed every bite of my triple layer nachos and the oreos I had for dessert. :) (AND, I stayed within calorie limit!!!)

Thanks for the veggie challenge... I'm not sure what to come up with, but I'll figure something out this week and report back.

Today is supposed to be a rest day (according to slimdown) - but I'm still feeling very munchy. So I did 20 mins of BL cardio max, 20 minutes of zumba (from youtube). Maybe the dogs and I will go for a walk later.... (so I can have oreos again). :wink: They taste SO much better after I've worked for em!!!

Janet - CONGRATS!!!!!!! :flowerforyou: You're working so hard and always an inspiration. So glad to hear that the numbers are moving for you. Stay hydrated, and enjoy your day....

Eliza - Did you end up going for the pizza? Hope you enjoyed your treat - whatever you chose - you worked hard for it!
  • Dragonfly11
    Options
    Happy Monday Beauties,
    Ended up going on a 4.5 mi power walk yesterday and ate the kashi pizza - it wasn't very satisfying.... The pizza hut commercials were just ruthless yesterday .. for me. I kept craving double cheese, sausage and jalapenos - it was my previous favorite!! I didn't cave but it was challenging. I ended up at the grocery store buying a bunch of veggies and good stuff for the week. The grapes andstrawberries are outstanding in my area right now. i can't wait for the cherries to come in!
    My current dinner fav is protabella muchroom caps stuffed w/ spinach and lowfat mozzarella, maybe a bit of green onion and tri colored pepper - The mushroom cap is 20 cals...... per the lable on the back. stuffed it's like 80 - depending on your cheese - any other veggies are negligible. It tastes like meat and is fantastic!! Low calories and wonderful ~ seriously!! That's my daily contribution to the veggie challenge :wink:
    Also for the sweet toothers - try this:
    2 small packs sugar free lemon pudding mix
    4 containers of fat free lemon merangue yogurt
    low fat keebler pie crust - don't skimp on this - it makes a difference in the eye appeal and texture

This is super easy - mix the pudding and the lemon yogurt together, spoon into the pie crust, pop it into the frige and voila! A lemon custard-ish pie! Top with fat free whipped topping and it's sinfully delish!! only 160 cals per 1/8th pie. I tried this last week with key lime jello and s/f key lime yogurt and is was equally good!
    Just 2 nice litte variations on a cool sweet treat - best part is - you know exactly what's in it!

20 min TJ this am beforw work and FIRM Cardio Party on for later ~ it's a cardio kind of day!!

Hope all are well and aking good care of themselves!!

• Happyoceangirl
    Options
    The portobello mushroom caps sound ...... YUMMY!!!! Same with the pie. Oh man. Thank goodness payday is Friday - I can stock up and try some new stuff. :)

I went for a 4.5 mile run today - total distance was 4.9 with warm up and cool down. I am so proud of myself - this is a personal best! (I posted in the success thread - today was too good not to). :)

Didn't do any Jillian today - figured I need to be realistic.
  • Dragonfly11
    Options
    Hey Tueday Workout Peeps,
    What up?? Got in 45min of Gunner Peterson total body workout extended version (strength) w/ 5 and even 10lb weights on a couple of the exercises. My polar hasn't cone in and I am sooo impatient I bought a strapless version by pro-form to use as a watch by day has hrm and a gender /age function also counts cals, has an alarm and a stop watch. compared to the polar probabley not so good but i did want to get an idea about cals/ burned I used MFP's calculation on this w/o for 182 cals for 45min - HRM says 347 cals ( Okay, i did jump rope between sets!) not sure how accurate it is and my my HR nnever got above 124 - should be in between 147-173... hmmmm I am going to try it tonight with more vigerous exercise and see what reading it gives me. And against the polar ... when it shows up!!

Smiles - Fantastic job on your run, just fantastic!!!! So proud of you on your personal best ~ you've been working so hard and have really improved!! keep up the great job - you inspire me!

Hey, where's everybody ??????

Will Check in later,