100lbs down! Before and after pic!

Options

Replies

• lulubrer
    Options
    Your story is amazing. It has truly shaped you! Keep it up :)
  • siehatsdrauf
    siehatsdrauf Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    You're a real inspiration!
  • MsP90X
    MsP90X Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Absolutely inspirational! Thanks for sharing :)
  • demsky_04
    Options
    What an inspiration you are!
  • montanadanni
    montanadanni Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    thank you all for the amazing congrats:) you just made my success even more worth it!
  • michellevine1
    michellevine1 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Congrats - you look wonderful! Thanks for sharing your story!!!
  • Andra01
    Andra01 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    You look amazing, such a great job!
  • soniabogonia
    soniabogonia Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful and much younger! Good job!

Thanks for the inspiration!
  • debbiepa
    Options
    You are very inspiring. I also have been diagnosed with Hashimoto's and follow a low carb, high protein diet to help with the symptoms. The weight just seems to come off so slowly, so your story is a great reminder that it can still happen! Thank you!
  • uwdawg07
    uwdawg07 Posts: 372
    Options
    Congratulations! You look absolutely amazing! Love your dog too!
  • bordsilly
    bordsilly Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    You were beautiful then but you look wonderful now also! Congrats on all your hard work pretty lady!!!!!
  • kel665
    kel665 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Wow, what a fantastic job, you must be so proud! Congratulations! :)
  • Kelly_Runs_NC
    Kelly_Runs_NC Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    100lbs down in 10 months, only 9lbs to go! It has been a long journey and it was completely worth it.
    My journey starts after high school. I joined a college softball team and was working out every day for 2 years and I was still gaining weight slowly. I didn’t really pay too much attention to it because I could still play college ball. Then I got out of college and joined the workforce. That’s when the weight started to pile on. I wasn’t at a desk job, I was on my feet all day but still the weight came. It came on very very fast and before I knew it I was 200lbs. I tried weight watchers and working out and was only slightly successful. I lost then gained, back and forth. I was working at a hospital at the time and they were doing screening for employee’s, so I signed up to have my thyroid checked…low and behold I have Hashimoto’s disease. Finally after a year of being not treated right for it, I sought out a good endocrinologist. He did wonders for me! Then I found out I had Crohn’s, celiac, PCOS and diabetes! GOSH!! I can’t catch a break…

So in December 2011, I underwent surgery for my Crohn’s Disease. I wound up having complications and getting an abscess! I was flown to Salt Lake City and was in and out of hospital for 2 months…I lost 40lbs being IV fed basically.

So when I survived that…I vowed to myself I would take care of myself. I stayed in close contact with my endo, PCP and dietitian. We worked together as a team to get me healthy and here I am 100lbs down!

I want to reach normal BMI of 150 for a 5’5” gal. I do not know if this is ideal for a large frame and a ‘true’ hourglass shape (40 30 40). I look very good at the weight I am now but I still want to go a bit further and see where I can get too. I already have family and friends tell me I look to skinny and that I need to stop but I think they are just worried. I know my body well enough to say I can lose more.
    I am suffering from a bit of loose skin on my tummy but I can hide it pretty easily. I plan having a TT after having kids. The only way to get rid of skin is surgery sadly enough, I know some people say you can work out to get rid of it but that is a complete lie. You can make it look better and reduce it by some but skin is skin…it just needs to be removed. Even my doctors confirm this. Genetics help, drinking lots of fluids help, body products help very little and working out does help some as well. I can’t complain though the rest of my body snapped back perfectly!

NSV’s
    Endurance
    Can shop in juniors section!
    I no longer have diabetes
    I am healthy
    I am happy
    I fit into my high school bathing suit
    Strangers treat me better
    I am confident
    Got motivated and now I am becoming an Registered Nurse

That’s all I am going to list… even though I have a ton more haha
    I hope I inspire many of you!

DANIELLEEKLUND.jpg
    IMG_1275.jpg

You are an inspiration. You look gorgeous! Don't ever give up!!
  • srodarte11
    srodarte11 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!
  • dan11222
    dan11222 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    seriously amazing you look great! well done:)
  • fatwelshgirl
    Options
    Wow! Beautiful, inspiring and impressive. You look wonderful. Well done x
  • DivineRED1
    DivineRED1 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Hahaa, your doggie is like "yeah yeah you look awesome, can we play now?"
  • bullriderswife08
    bullriderswife08 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Wow what an absolutely amazing transformation!!! Keep up the good work!
  • angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    AMAZING!! I have PCOS as well!! Awesome job!!! :)
  • Shannonk507
    Shannonk507 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Dayum, Gina! Well done! You are inspiring. Thanks for sharing. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!