Do you have any strange fears?

Options

Replies

• 1994baileyboo
    Options
    my biggest phobia is stickytape,stickers masking tape & anything that adheses to things!
    it makes me literally curl up cry and start vomiting!
    i have no idea why!
  • MrsBobaFett
    MrsBobaFett Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Oh and Spiders is a pretty obvious one, I hyperventilate as soon as I see one, insects in general..
  • logdunne
    logdunne Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    my biggest phobia is stickytape,stickers masking tape & anything that adheses to things!
    i have no idea why!

I agree with this one, apple stickers creep me out.
    I also have an all consuming hatred of yoghurt pot lids, they make me want to hurl.
  • MrsBobaFett
    Options
    i have no idea why!

I also have an all consuming hatred of yoghurt pot lids, they make me want to hurl.

Ugh Yogurt pot lids, ewww
  • NakeshiaB
    NakeshiaB Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    You all have some awesome phobias. I wonder where these things stem from?

Moths I can relate too, many nights in the outhouse and getting bombarded by them, ergh the fluttering furry beasts!
  • Natashaa1991
    Natashaa1991 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    yes. i fear that people in my life will find out about my mfp account and that i will come off obsessed and weird.
  • MrsBobaFett
    Options
    yes. i fear that people in my life will find out about my mfp account and that i will come off obsessed and weird.

With a stomach like that I wouldn't worry!! :)
  • msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    Coat Hangers....not so much a fear but they stress me out!!!

O...M....G...

ME TOO!

Wire coathangers to be precise. I kept having weird dreams that my children were playing in the closests and ended up poking their eyes out on the hook of the wire coathangers...or pierce their mouths or tongues. The dreams were so frightening and so repetitive that I ended up throwing out every wire coathanger in our house and replacing them with thick plastic ones...and we are a family of 5 so that was a very costly exercise.
  • Natashaa1991
    Options

With a stomach like that I wouldn't worry!! :)

exactly, people would be like, why do you need it?
    p.s. thanks for the compliment :flowerforyou:
  • MrsBobaFett
    Options
    No need to thank me, hoping I can get a stomach like yours! After having my son it's like jelly lol!
  • JacquiDawn
    Options
    Not weird, but I have a phobia of needles and injections.

One of the patients I work with has a phobia of sunflowers - never heard of that one before.
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    centipedes
  • justmeeh91
    justmeeh91 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Dark woods....I don't like not knowing what is around me....
    Big open areas...Weather it be an ocean, or a desert like area....
    Being home alone...I always think of scary scenarios happening....
    Riding as a passenger make me super nervous! (other than my dad, even though hes the craziest driver)

I never used to be paranoid until a couple years ago...I'm not sure what happened as to why I am so paranoid now...
    Also, a dark house!!! At night, I have to keep on some type of light, and no, my laptop doesn't count as a light! :)
  • witchy_wife
    witchy_wife Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    i have no idea why!

I can kind of relate to the yoghurt pot lid thing although I do have reasoning behind it. A lady I worked with brought a yoghurt every day and would open it and lick the yoghurt off the inside of the lid.

One day she did it and under the layer of yoghurt was a layer of GREEN FURRY MOLD!!!! There must have been a slight tear in the foil lid which let the air in, under the layer of yoghurt.

She ran off to puke and ever since it freaks me out seeing anyone licking a yoghurt lid. I tell my kids not to do it all the time but they ignore me lol.
  • Boolietta
    Boolietta Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for making me feel like less of a loon! I'm a grown woman genuiely frightened by helium balloons or basically anything that flaps about or moves in a cicular motion. Gives me anxiety attacks. I may still be slightly nuts but I take comfort in the fact that other people are having the same frets about mushrooms and coathangers!
  • Natashaa1991
    Options
    oceans too. mysterious and huge. :/
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Grasshoppers.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    My biggest fear is fish

I do not eat it, I do not want to look at them, if I am in a restaurant, I cannot even sit near the fish tank. They just give me the creeps.

I am also scared of most bugs, but the worse being ants and things with many legs.

I cannot touch any kind of unfinished wood. Tables and such are ok, as they are glossed over, but I cannot touch plain wood like a rolling pin or skid. I also cannot eat any kind of ice cream on a stick because of this, and in fact, even have a hard time watching others do this. If the wood is wet at all, it makes it that much worse.
  • Windy_
    Windy_ Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Mustard.
  • JacquiDawn
    Options
    Mustard.
    My friend has a fear of all condiments and sauces.