Do you have any strange fears?

Options

Replies

• BeccaB1981
    BeccaB1981 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I am afraid of hills. I hate walking on them, driving on them, parking on them and especially having to stop at a light on a hill. I tried to get over it by climbing a mountain last year and I literally cried the whole way down, going down was way worse than going up which was terrifying too. I also am afraid of going up or down stairs when I can't see where I am stepping, like if I had to carry a big box and can't see my feet. I guess I am just afraid of falling or rolling down a hill or stairs.
  • TraciRandazzo
    Options
    I agree with you on the feet. Its like a love hate with me - When somebody has scary bare feet I cant look away . . . . like a car crash. I literally did not wear open toe shoes or flip flops for years because of it, and I live in Florida.
  • DeathIsMyGift
    DeathIsMyGift Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    when i stare in the mirror and say 'here piggy piggy piggy' three times i think the pig man is going to chop me open with an ax.....

or getting shot in a robbery
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I KNEW SOMEONE WOULD POST HOLES. I'M OUT.
  • stepherzzzzz
    stepherzzzzz Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I'm afraid of big boats. It all started when I saw Tom and Jerry The Movie.
  • BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY
    BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Trypophobia....

1-262x300.jpg

remote_image_1329577599.jpg

Trypophobia_by_Ville13.jpg

surinam-breeding.jpg
    Quoting... because.
  • 3natalie
    Options
    I have a fear of the bridges too. I dont like anyone to be on their cell phone, talk, mess with the radio or anything!!! I just want them to focus!!!
  • gonzo0612
    Options
    :noway: WORMS...earth worms maggots mealworms anything wormie!!! im pretty tough but dangle a worm infront of me and i break down and cry like a sissy i know they cant hurt me but ahhh i just dont like em at all i feel like theyre gonna get in my skin and body and multiply and ill be infested with worms.. yea prolly watched to many episodes of monsters inside me :sad:
  • forgtmenot
    forgtmenot Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't call it a "fear" but I hate wooden Popsicle sticks, tongue depressors, etc touching my teeth. It's like nails on a chalk board to me, even seeing other people do it really bothers me. I can actually feel/taste it in my mouth if I see someone else with one. Blech.

Also cockroaches and spiders. I once almost jumped out of a moving vehicle on the interstate to get away from a spider in the car.

And getting cancer or some other deadly disease. I get paranoid about that sometimes. I think because I've lost a couple family members to cancer as a preteen/teen.

ETA: I am also mildly claustrophobic. People don't believe me because I don't react to it unless I feel actually in danger. I once was riding in a friends car which was very small( a little infiniti G35 roadster) and he drove really fast and it was in downtown Atlanta so there were lots of other much larger cars everywhere. I ended up having a panic attack and made him pull over. The crazy thing was he died in a one car auto accident (caused by his speeding) less than a year later. So I'm also afraid of dying in a car accident and drive extremely cautiously now.
  • Jem_Girl
    Jem_Girl Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Cracking an egg open on the side of a frying pan and a little chick falling into the hot pan.
    After seeing my mom crack open an egg that came out red and bloody looking, I now wonder if that's going to happen every time I open an egg. Not really a fear. More a weird though process. "Should I really crack this in with the other ones I've already done? How will I separate it if it comes out all bloody?"
  • Jem_Girl
    Jem_Girl Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Trypophobia....
    Oh, I think I'm gonna hurl. ::shudders:: ::gag:: I have to assume the pic of the girl is Photoshopped because WTF??!
  • debruhf
    debruhf Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    bugs in general, but ESPECIALLY those STINK BUGS :angry:
  • fletchleg
    fletchleg Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I dont think its strange but a lot of friends dont understand it...dogs. I'm not as bad now but when I was younger I would literally freeze and freak out if a dog not on a leash came within 10 feet of me. I was bitten really badly when I was about 5 though so thats where it came from. I just hate how unpredictable they are.
  • SuperCork
    SuperCork Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Well, I've had a spider phobia for the last 20+ years (I'm trusting this won't be used against me!)

I also fear (<--- see what I did there?) that I am developing a bird phobia: those f*ckers are simply not. to. be. trusted. Mr. Hitchcock tried to warn us about this mannnnnny years ago, so I feel validated.

I also think I might have a fear of vomiting. I definitely don't like to do so and never have, but in the last few years, it seems like I get really anxious if it feels like I might have to...do so (sorry, grammar nerd. Wenchilada better have my back on this!)

Also, small people wielding tiny fists of fury: I don't care if they are attached to an actual child or just a person of small stature...I don't care for it. Yes, there was a catalyst...
  • SuperCork
    SuperCork Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Trypophobia....

1-262x300.jpg

remote_image_1329577599.jpg

Trypophobia_by_Ville13.jpg

surinam-breeding.jpg
    Quoting... because.

Also: this. *vomits*
  • athenaheim
    athenaheim Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I don't like calling people on the telephone. I can handle if they call me first, but I can't handle dialing the number and waiting for them to pick up and then talking to them. And I HAVE to call potential clients with my job, so the anxiety of the task makes me want to physically vomit. I usually have a scolding hot shower afterward. :<

I am the same way.
  • tj1376
    tj1376 Posts: 1,402 Member
    Options
    I dont think its a fear, I just have a phobia of pictures of people. I cant hang pictures of people in my house. I even have to cover boxes and magazines if there is a picture of a person on them. Weird I know.
  • Maidofmer
    Maidofmer Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    trains. every movie or show, cartoon or real people, trains explode or derail. have neer and will never take a train. bus is the closest i'll get
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    I have diagnosed OCD. Not the I-like-a-clean-house kind, but the real kind. So, yes, I have many strange fears.

My current big one is bed bugs. I am afraid to travel because of it. I have acquaintances who have had them and it just seems like my worst nightmare come to life. The can't be killed like other pests and chew on you in the night? Ick.

Lightning was and is a big one for me. I can't sleep in my metal bed if it's lightning outside. Totally irrational, but then, OCD is inherently irrational.

My fears are OCD related too, those of us that truly suffer from it, seem to have a much higher phobia list than the general population....
  • animemoon5
    animemoon5 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Oh geez I have too many to name!

I'm terrified of moths and flies, sharp pointy objects and having my back to the open...

I have some PTSD issues, and have some really really unusual fears regarding sights sounds and smells.... I'm very texture sensitive, and I cannot touch wet surfaces of any kind.... Even if it was a counter that was just thoroughly scrubbed, if it's still wet, I cannot touch it with my bare hands. I'm also afraid of opening closed doors at night, and am afraid of walking past an open door or window at night. and I cannot handle anything coming too close to my face...

Spiders don't bother me, unless they are dangling from the ceiling or actually get to the point they're about to crawl on me... We live in an old house and every year we have this spider problem, where baby spiders will hatch, somewhere in a light fixture in the bedroom =\ for several days tiny tiny white spiders dangle from the ceiling and it's impossible to kill them all **this** will freak me out... But if I were to see a huge spider off in the corner of the hallway? Meh, I'd ignore it...

Edit: Oh... and dentists! o.O I have to have nitrous oxide and take a couple of valium just to get through the appt.... I usually cry and shake the whole time, I'm totally totally completely afraid of dentists!