40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• mjYanaGirl
    Options
    Does recently turned 39 count? Not sure how cool I am but I know what I am not, a debbie downer, but dont expect me to bail ya *kitten* out. :P
  • bagsrpacked
    Options
    I'm 45 - and my 3 teenage daughters actually still like hanging out with me. (so do their friends) Therefore, I must be cool? My 11yo and I are training to run the Tower of Terror Ten Mile run at Disney this September - I assume that should help me continue dropping pounds. Glad to find a group of folks about my age seeking to create healthier lifestyles!
  • leanveins
    leanveins Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hope you enjoyed that run! I Loved my run thanks. I have been back on my treadmill blah.
    Gained 2 lbs back over the weekend . I hate this weight loss thing after 40!!!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,959 Member
    Options
    Had a great week away - we hop on a plane home, tomorrow.

I ate and drank all the time, and totally over-indulged....I'm over it, now and can't wait to get home and back into some semblance of the 'fitness-nut' I consider myself to be!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Beeps - glad to hear you had a wonderful week! Am sure you'll be back into your routine in no time!
    It's always good to take a break away every now and then.

Lifted yesterday. I think I could be lifting heavier. Scary at times when you are lifting on your own...don't want to hurt myself.
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    HELLO THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lifted this morning. Not too heavy though...have a nagging pain on the R side of my body. Yikes. Is there a nutrition challenge out there? I need to get back to eating clean and not eating so many carbs!!!! I am not weighing in until Feb 2 but in early Jan I was 7 lbs (132) over my goal (125). I would really love to get back to that sooner than later. I think at my age I want it to do it more with eating healthy and not so much exercise. I tend to hurt myself more now. :noway: Any advice? Any quick/jump start solutions out there?

Have a great Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drinker: :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • allisona28
    allisona28 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    47 here!!!! Happy Friday!!!
  • UticaBoy51
    UticaBoy51 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    44 and just figuring it out! Late to the party as usual. :drinker: :happy:
  • porkchop_13
    Options
    44 and just figuring it out! Late to the party as usual. :drinker: :happy:

We're just fashionably late, I'm 41 and trying to figure it out too :glasses:
  • ceannesjourney
    Options
    I will be 48 in a couple of weeks...I had lost 75lbs and was feeling good physically but had a very emotional and stressful time during and due to other issues started gaining back the weight. Have gained MOST of it back and am now "starting over" with baby steps of reducing sugar (which is a HUGE trigger for me) and starting to move this sore and achey body of mine. I have back and neck issues that have been a bother but am working with chiropractor/massage therapist and exercise to strengthen. I'm trying to do "joyful movement", movement that doesn't feel like work and that I enjoy--dancing, walking, playing wii, etc. And am in a group with other like-minded people for the emotional support. Glad to be here...loved it that so many posts and so much nice language and etiquette.

I don't have any children, but my nieces and nephew think I CAN be cool...sometimes... ;o)
  • jensnewstart
    jensnewstart Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    44 and my daughter thinks I'm cool....my sons, they think their mother is on some other planet LOL! How many moms make their kids do random dance parties :laugh:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I'm totally going to the gym, today....and I will lift! But, I don't want MAJOR DOMs tomorrow, so I'm not going to do anything crazy.

i bet it takes me until the end of this month just to get where I was at the beginning of January. So, January, 2013 becomes a "phantom" month....

'tis okay. I really did have a fun trip and I do feel relaxed and recharged!
  • sdereski
    Options
    HELLO THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lifted this morning. Not too heavy though...have a nagging pain on the R side of my body. Yikes. Is there a nutrition challenge out there? I need to get back to eating clean and not eating so many carbs!!!! I am not weighing in until Feb 2 but in early Jan I was 7 lbs (132) over my goal (125). I would really love to get back to that sooner than later. I think at my age I want it to do it more with eating healthy and not so much exercise. I tend to hurt myself more now. :noway: Any advice? Any quick/jump start solutions out there?

Have a great Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drinker: :heart: :flowerforyou:

Welcome back Alf! So nice to see your smiling face again.
    Not much advice I can give you that you don't already know, but in my case, it's sugar! I need to stay away from the sugars, then everything esle becomes relatively easy.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Hi sdereski - I totally hate seeing all that SNOW in your handle picture, lol!!

Truth is, we had some major melt-down while we were away, the streets are melting, melting, melting! This happens in OLDcity, all the time, but here??? Very rare to have a mid-winter thaw!

Alas, it won't last, the snow comes tonight and we're back to -20 by Sunday. Booooooooooooo.
  • leanveins
    leanveins Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Great 4 mile run outside!!! Awesome.
  • sdereski
    Options
    Welcome new cool kids!!

Beeps, we had a major thaw after that picture. Lasted about a week. Had a lot of rain, so all that snow melted and left the roads and walkways very icy!

leanveins - nice run!:flowerforyou:

Turned cold this week, and we are getting snow again, so it once again looks like that picture.
    I despise winter, however, I'd rather have the snow than bitter cold or rain. At least with the snow, I can ski or snowshoe.
    X-country ski today. First time out this year. Trails are not in great shape, but they're not bad either.

Had my son and his family over for dinner. My granddaughter is really starting to talk and put words together. Impressive for an 18mth old. :love:

Hope you all had a great Saturday! :flowerforyou:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Great job on the cross-country skiing! That should make your body hurt in all the right places, lol!

I have worked out for 4 days in a row! It has been a LONG time since I've managed that! Feels good.

Today, I lift.
  • sdereski
    Options
    Great job on the workouts Beeps!

I tried running outside yesterday - only managed 5k before my feet were freezing!! My toes are still sore today. I ran on the treadmill tonight. Managed to stay on for 75 minutes! Not long enough, but longer than I've done in a long time.

Very, very cold here tonight. Temps are supposed to dip to -47C or -52.6F Whichever way you look at it, it is FREAKIN COLD!!:noway:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    holy crap, THAT is COLD!

We are sitting at about -20 today - but snow yesterday, snow today, and ANOTHER 5-10 cm tomorrow....so, driving is TERRIBLE!

I've decided on my "off-lifting" days to try and get my UGIfit work-out (30 minutes!) done, in my office! I bought this program probably 18 months ago and it was a little too much cardio, with too little weights. But, now that I'm seriously in "cut" mode, I figure getting a 30-minute work-out done on Tues/Th can't hurt.

Wish me luck! (I haven't done this work-out in at least 14 months!)
  • sdereski
    Options
    We are still in the middle of a deep freeze. Darn, I just can't seem to warm up!
    Beeps, what is an UG lift workout?

Didn't workout yesterday. A dear friend passed away suddenly and unexpectedly. :cry: