Tired of being just a pretty face

14567810»

Replies

• jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    I understood exactly what OP meant, and I found some of the posts disturbing and the kind of jibes I presumed only people of school age would throw. So sad.

After seeing some of the self-absorbent posts on here I'm very tempted to start a thread titled 'Get over yourselves' and see how many of them would post how completely perfect and hot they are....though, I think the majority of those posts were written to make OP feel bad about herself.

I didn't instantly get what she meant. I just thought 'god someone loves themselves!'. I didn't instantly bring to mind that it was connected to being fat but with a pretty face. We don't all have the same thought patterns. If you look on the other side of it the OP just randomly posted she was tired of just being a pretty face and nothing else. That doesn't always correlate with a weight issue in people's heads. Therefore she came across as being vain to those people. Just a misunderstanding. Easily done. Also I think a lot of posts are made in humour. Meant to make you tee hee hee.... They usually work with me, but obviously depends on how your brain digests sarcasm I think.
  • gitanagirl
    gitanagirl Posts: 207 Member
    Get it all the time... >.<
  • glittersupernova
    glittersupernova Posts: 91 Member
    I think I know where you are coming from, and no, I don't see this as a cocky question at all. This is a legitimate problem that women and men face. People who are generally deemed attractive by others sometimes have the difficulty of gaining peoples' interest in anything other than their appearance. In addition to this, the people around them Assume there is nothing else to them other than their looks (no real depth).

I appreciate being a healthy person and having features that I enjoy; it's not something I grow tired of. I think, if anything, you should enjoy showing to people that you are More than just a pretty face. Show them your intelligence, humor, creativity, etc. A lot of people don't expect my silliness/humor, my serious commitment to education/medical school, etc. when they first look at me. I often surprise people..why?...don't know, but that's what makes the world interesting. Never judge a book by its cover and show to others that you are More than just the cover they see.

Also, in review of some other responses, I am not sure if the OP was saying she is just a pretty face but wishing her body followed suit, or saying she is a pretty face and not recognized for her other accomplishments? Or both?
  • baldzach
    baldzach Posts: 1,841 Member
    Glitter,

Thank you for that glimpse into your "book" (as in, don't judge a book by its cover.) You have a very nice cover, and from that post, it would seem that you have a very intriguing "story" as well!
  • glittersupernova
    glittersupernova Posts: 91 Member
    Thank you baldzach; people are interesting in that we are "books" with the capacity to control the "story's" content, quality, and even length (permitted we take good care of our health). :) It is unfortunate though, when people neglect to advance and enhance their story.
  • I hate to be the sexy one, but damn, someone has to do it :/
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    I understood exactly what OP meant, and I found some of the posts disturbing and the kind of jibes I presumed only people of school age would throw. So sad.

After seeing some of the self-absorbent posts on here I'm very tempted to start a thread titled 'Get over yourselves' and see how many of them would post how completely perfect and hot they are....though, I think the majority of those posts were written to make OP feel bad about herself.

[sarcasm]
    oh come now... we all know I am a 9/10... that's what that one person on that "Rate the person above you only if you can handle the trut" thread said! They were telling the truth.

look at me... here I am... love me...

[/sarcasm]
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    I'm not only perfect and hot, I'm modest too.:bigsmile:
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Oh my gosh am I tired of everyone asking me if I need help all the time. Or being the only one acknowledged in Macy's by 3 different sales people at the same time. And guys flocking to help me with my flat tire. Or allowing me to cut in line. Especially the bartender who makes my drinks extra strong. If I wanted this I would ask. It's so hard being a pretty face and everyone all over you like your a Greek God or something. JUST LEAVE ME ALONE. EQUALITY PEOPLE. I am just a human being. I know I have big eyes...stop telling me that. It's getting old. :yawn:
  • victoria090
    victoria090 Posts: 82 Member
    bahaha - best thread ever. Maybe its just meeeee but I dont think if that happened i could ever get tired of people telling me that!!
  • DarthH8
    DarthH8 Posts: 298 Member
    Alien!!!!!!!!!! Kill it!
  • RitaSantoss
    RitaSantoss Posts: 986 Member
    YES. I want to be considered 'stunning' or 'drop dead gorgeous'. Just 'pretty' is almost insulting to me.