Marathon Newbies Group week three!!!

Options

Replies

• Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    Okay girls..........I finished! I ran the whole thing, 2 hours 16 minutes and 1 second!

Great Job! :flowerforyou: I hope to do that well for mine. What are your next goals?
  • princesspurple
    Options
    Hi Chenoachem....I saw your advise on the other thread. I am going to go on that smartcoach site. I feel so lost right now and just can't wait to get back out there! I want to do another half this summer, I don't know if I could do a full. I will see how the other half goes, and I am going to be sure it is NOT a hilly one!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Chenoachem ....you should report that...really, you don't want someone not paying attention to be the statistic....freaky!

Okay girls..........I finished! I ran the whole thing, 2 hours 16 minutes and 1 second!

AWESOME
  • Chenoachem
    Options
    Hi Chenoachem....I saw your advise on the other thread. I am going to go on that smartcoach site. I feel so lost right now and just can't wait to get back out there! I want to do another half this summer, I don't know if I could do a full. I will see how the other half goes, and I am going to be sure it is NOT a hilly one!

I know how you feel. I hope it helps.

Today is 3 miles for me. I am going to run after work before I pick up my daughter but it will be a hot one. It is higher elevation here and on the side of a mountain, so it won't be much of an "easy" day as it is suppose to be.
  • AmyDoesIt
    AmyDoesIt Posts: 46
    Options
    Hi Everyone! Just had to pop in real quick. Things at the office have been crazy! They laid off some people and gave me another job on top of the one I already can't keep up with...... I know I'm happy to have a job :) I'm finding now how much of a stress reliever running is for me.

I'm glad everyone seems to be feeling better and running well. Keep up the good work!

Princess - FANTASTIC JOB on your 1/2, sounds like you did AWESOME. I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did!

The hike was fantastic, I really enjoyed spending two nights out in the great outdoors with my son! We did 17 miles total and I felt it for days after.... Monday was the long day we did 12 miles and 3 huge mountains. I would definately do it again- we also met some interesting thru hikers (who I think might be insane!!) Now that's a long distance journey.

I have a 10K coming up this Saturday on top of an extremely busy week and weekend ahead..... does life ever slow down? Only when running, I forget about everything else!
  • Chenoachem
    Options
    AmyDoesIt - I am glad you had fun on the hike. And have fun at your 10K this weekend.

OliveOil - How is the training coming along?

Today is a rest day for me. Tomorrow is 5 mile tempo run.
  • oliveoil7979
    Options
    Hi guys,

-Pricess you are my hero! You rock

Sorry I've been MIA for a few days. Went to Vegas with my hubby for our 10th anniversary. I must say how proud of myself I am. I did indulge a bit. But I have found indulging now, compared to what indulging was 6 months ago are 2 very different things. And since I was lazy and did not once go running while i was there, I tried to balance it by NEVER taking a moving sidewalk or escolater. I ended up coming home to 4 pounds lost! Woo Hoo.

I am now back in the swing of things with training. I am running Pat's Run this Saturday which is a 4.2 mile run. I am really hoping to finish in about 45 min. We will see how much my lost weekend in Vegas will effect this.

I hope you all are doing well and running lots.
  • princesspurple
    Options
    Thanks Amy and OLlive! Great job Olive on losing while in Vegas! That is not easy for sure! I started by doing a short run on the treadmill today-I couldn't wait any longer!
  • AmyDoesIt
    Options
    Hey - Where is everybody?

I know I've been super busy working 10+hour days and MIL in hospital, husband out of town.... just nuts but where is everyone else?

Anyone Running?

I ran a 10k last Sat. in 58:14 (with a few walking breaks towards the end).... I had to peeee so BAD! I have a bladder problem that is not cooperating with me when running. I was looking for a tree anything! Really stressed out... so didn't enjoy the run too much. Better luck next time I guess.

Anyone got a race coming up or planning a 1/2 this Fall? I'm looking for one to register for.

Hope all is well-
  • Chenoachem
    Options
    I'm still here. I ran 17.2 miles last week and trying to get in 15 this week. I have a 10K race next weekend with a large number of participants. It is the first time in like 10 years that I have run in a race so large, so I hope it will be fun. It does start at 7am though. That part is difficult with not only getting to the race, find parking and but be ready to start at 7am. But, at least it will be over and done with before my brain realizes what I am doing.

I will have to back off after that since my husband will be away and I have no one to watch my daughter while I run. I might try an idea I read about once where people put their kid in the middle of a track to play while they ran around the track.
  • princesspurple
    Options
    Did a great 7 mile run yesterday-it was beautiful. I am going to do some speedwork on Wednesday for my first time. It will not be fun in the cold run...I am unsure if I can do that on the treadmill...I will have to think about that one:)
  • Jay_83
    Jay_83 Posts: 446
    Options
    I am here too!:bigsmile:
    I ran 9 miles on Saturday . . . so gettin into the longer runs now. half is end of May . . . its in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan so I'm pretty sure thats too far away if you wanted to do it. There were about 1500 people signed up for it the last i looked. lot of people.
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Still here - ran twice while at the beach. I am really struggling with work being so busy. all mom's stuff and sport events for the kids to find time for me...running and weights....haven't done my strength class since first week of the month....school sports will end in couple weeks and I'll be back at it. Hoping to run tonight.
    Glad to see you ladies still working hard!
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Hey - Where is everybody?

I know I've been super busy working 10+hour days and MIL in hospital, husband out of town.... just nuts but where is everyone else?

Anyone Running?

I ran a 10k last Sat. in 58:14 (with a few walking breaks towards the end).... I had to peeee so BAD! I have a bladder problem that is not cooperating with me when running. I was looking for a tree anything! Really stressed out... so didn't enjoy the run too much. Better luck next time I guess.

Anyone got a race coming up or planning a 1/2 this Fall? I'm looking for one to register for.

Hope all is well-

I am going to do the 1/2 at the Spinx run in Greenville SC it's end of Oct. DOing the "Bear" in July -- 5 miles up a mountain!
  • AmyDoesIt
    Options
    Glad to see everyone is still going! Cheno- I'm sure you will figure out a plan to keep running with your daughter- you may have to get creative. Good luck on your 10k- I'm sure it will be fun!

Jay - keep up the good work- you'll be ready by end of May- little too far for me to go!

Princess - sounds intersting- let us know how it goes with speedwork.

Chrissy- What!! 5 miles up a mountain in JULY?- what a challenge. I'll check into Greenville- that's only a couple of hours for me.

We've had a bit of a cold spell- ran last night 4 mi. back to doing some strength training too and I can FEEL it!
  • Chenoachem
    Options
    I have started the 100 pushup challenge and my arms and chest hurt. I have been trying to find ways to change up my yoga I do every morning a bit, so I bought a new program. Now I have 3 to choose from.

This morning was a 2 mile run for me. However, the program wanted me to do 3 miles. It also has me running 3 days in a row and I am already exhausted. I am suppose to run 5 miles tempo run tomorrow then 2 days off before my race.

Chrissy - That race sounds like fun. We have a 5K + up the Sandia Mountains here. I have been considering it.

AmyDoesIt - Good Luck on the strength training. It does make a world of difference.

Happy Running All.
  • chrissyh
    Options
    I have started the 100 pushup challenge and my arms and chest hurt. I have been trying to find ways to change up my yoga I do every morning a bit, so I bought a new program. Now I have 3 to choose from.

This morning was a 2 mile run for me. However, the program wanted me to do 3 miles. It also has me running 3 days in a row and I am already exhausted. I am suppose to run 5 miles tempo run tomorrow then 2 days off before my race.

Chrissy - That race sounds like fun. We have a 5K + up the Sandia Mountains here. I have been considering it.

AmyDoesIt - Good Luck on the strength training. It does make a world of difference.

Happy Running All.

The uphill is called the Bear and from what I've heard from people who've done it - it more than lives up to it's name! I think I'm going to go ahead and pay for the next few races that way I am committed...keeps me accountable to RUN! My husband has told me he'll run with me in Oct (Greenville Sphinx) at the next half I'm doing. If we pay we'll run for sure - we'll make the time!
  • Chenoachem
    Options
    I did a 10K race Sunday morning that ended at the local zoo, and it was cold. I ran by Llamas but they were not angry. More stunned that there were people running by them. Also ran past a duck pond with swan's swimming around. It was a bit harder than I would have expected but I completed it in 1hr 7 min. Not bad for a turtle. I broke my PR by 7 minutes. I guess some of the speed work paid off.

I hope everyone had a good weekend.
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Tried to register for the Bear in July and it's full already....guess I'm looking for plan B - otherwise my next race is end of Oct in Greenville SC (1/2)
  • chrissyh
    Options
    I did a 10K race Sunday morning that ended at the local zoo, and it was cold. I ran by Llamas but they were not angry. More stunned that there were people running by them. Also ran past a duck pond with swan's swimming around. It was a bit harder than I would have expected but I completed it in 1hr 7 min. Not bad for a turtle. I broke my PR by 7 minutes. I guess some of the speed work paid off.

I hope everyone had a good weekend.

:laugh: Llamas! That sounds fun