Don't ever give up! (my story, picture heavy)

Options
*****************************I noticed after I posted this, it's cutting off so many of the pictures!!! :( Really bummed about that. They are so big on the thread!! Not sure how I can fix that. If anyone is interested, you can view them all better on my photobucket: http://s1252.beta.photobucket.com/user/move257/library/*****************************

There are so many of these threads, so I figured why not my turn eh? :P ! In fact, when I was first introduced to MFP, what really got me moving was the fact that the friend that referred me to the site showed me one of these success threads. It was a gentleman who went from 350lbs to 190lbs and he looked incredible! He gave a lot of the credit to the help he attained from this site and the folks in it. In the back of my mind, I couldn't wait to make my own similar thread. Even though at that time I still didn't believe I could do it. :D

I'm not done yet, I still have around 20lbs to go and then time to tone up the bod! I do know that I am much closer then ever!! I know that I NEVER thought I would do this. I truly thought I was just going to be "fat", unhealthy, and unhappy for the rest of my life. The amount of weight I had to lose was just so intimidating! I was afraid! Afraid of failing, afraid that it would kill me. I used every excuse in life. One day, while looking at my daughter it hit me! Can I have the courage for her? Can I dig down deep for her and do this for her? I couldn't take her to the park without losing my breath, I simply could not keep up with her! Every time I chose to eat a greasy burger instead of getting healthy for her, for my family, I was being so selfish. I was killing myself. I was 27 years old, 300lbs and I just knew if I didn't do something to make a real change, I wouldn't see my family for much longer. So I decided, that it was time.

I look at some of my old pics and I'm so ashamed!! I can't believe I let myself get that big! I was in such great shape back in high school, what happened to me?!! However I realize that I fell, I was in horrible shape, lowest point in my life when it comes to my health. It's not about falling, we all fall it's about what you decide to do AFTER you fall. Do you stay down or do you get back up, dust yourself off and keep kicking *kitten*?! I decided that nothing was going to keep me down and I'm well on my way! Not done yet, but well on my way. If I can truly motivate ONE person, just one, then I'm happy I posted this. :D Have a wonderful day every and remember to keep kicking *kitten* and don't ever give up! :D

OVERALL PRGRESS STATS:
SW: 298 with 43% BF! (7/1/12)
CW: 208 with 27% BF (12/15/12)
I lost 90lbs, I dropped my BF% by 16%, CONSIDERABLY dropped my blood pressure and cholesterol levels. I went from size 46/48 pants to a size 34, from a 4XL shirt to a L/M, I lost 12 inches off my waist and I'm still going strong! :D

THESE ARE AT MY BIGGEST. ALMOST 300LBS!!!! :(

oldme_zps362f1b05.jpg
oldme006_zpsf9b85943.jpg
oldme005_zpsbbb9a82b.jpg
oldme010_zps7b228761.jpg
oldme009_zpsca755690.jpg
oldme003_zps3a9c2f8a.jpg
oldme002_zpsb79e9d6b.jpg
oldme008_zps621b4144.jpg
formfp1.jpg
oldme_zps362f1b05.jpg

ABOUT HALFWAYS FROM AROUND 240-250LBS:

thisone5_zps7585ea83.jpg
thisone6_zps6533a613.jpg
thisone4_zpsb546ea34.jpg

GETTING CLOSER TO GOAL 220-235LBS:
thisonealso_zps660abcd5.jpg
batman-black-and-white_zps7dfbafa0.jpg
third-one-black-and-white_zps7f47e506.jpg
new-black-and-white_zps712675ca.jpg
first-one_zps3cf39683.jpg[img][/img]bearsshirtedit_zps0d7905b1.jpg
anotherfatcomp_zpsd82eb0fa.jpg
flexing_zps1b7e8d84.jpg
holdingback1_zps205af507.jpg
two_zps5e5dcdc0.jpg
Photo0550_zps3c2b5805.jpg
blackrunningshirt_zps64c2b173.jpg
Photo0533_zpse04ff2f0.jpg
formfp2.jpg

MOST RECENT WEIGHING IN AT 209LBS AND STILL HAVE SOME WORK AHEAD OF ME BUT I KNOW I WILL GET THERE!!! NOTHING CAN STOP ME NOW!:

myoldclothes2_zpscbabb164.jpg
myoldclothes_zps2b52118c.jpg
jacket_zps27137aba.jpg
gap34_zps2894b277.jpg

Hope this motivated anyone, sorry if it bugs ya with all the pics, but I wanted to share. :D Remember that you can do ANYTHING you want and nothing but yourself can stop ya!! I still have some work ahead of me but with the help of my incredible MFP pals, my family and my new found determination, nothing is going to stop me. Watch me. Give me a chance I promise you that I will blow you away!! Keep it going guys!! :D:D

Replies

• move257
    move257 Posts: 313
    Options
    it's cutting off so many of the pictures! :( Anyone know how I can fix this. :( Why are they blow up so big?
  • fatyoga
    fatyoga Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Great job! Very inspirational.
  • lasmit4477
    lasmit4477 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: So proud of you!!! Way to go, my friend!
  • BKM2012
    BKM2012 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Wow, amazing transformation. You look awesome! Thanks for sharing! It really helps keep me going by reading all the inspirational stories.
  • PottsvilleCurse1925
    PottsvilleCurse1925 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Awesome work!
  • KnockKnockPenny
    Options
    Good job. Very inspiring. You must feel so much better.
  • shamah84
    shamah84 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Congrats on your awesome journey!! :)
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    I love this thread. You really look great. I hope this doesn't come across as rude, but you look happier in your recent pics too. Most of the pics of you early on, you look miserable.

Congrats!
  • seachelle84
    seachelle84 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    That is amazing dude. Seriously, you look fantastic!
  • queenhiphop
    queenhiphop Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Brilliant you are brilliant !!!!
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    You've done SO great so far and I know you'll reach all of your goals. You're also one of the nicest, and most encouraging MFP pals to have around! Congrats to you :)
  • Clownfish423
    Clownfish423 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Great story! The pictures really show how far you've come - I'm glad you posted them!
  • missmegan831
    missmegan831 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!! Keep up the dedication, you are so close to goal you can taste it im sure!!!! Thanks for sharing your journey
  • Classyandra
    Classyandra Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    WOW! You've done amazing!!
  • kslager77
    kslager77 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Amazing job!!!
  • cruzcrzyMarie
    cruzcrzyMarie Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    WOW, LOOK AT YOU!!!!! What an incredible transformation. You look fantastic(and so happy). I am so proud of you. Thanks SO much for sharing. You are a true inspiration!!!

Marie
  • mairhi3052
    Options
    Hi I am in the UK and I have started using the fitness pal app, and I have started as this is going to be my last attempt ever to lose weight. I am 50 next year, and I want to lose 155 pounds. I have lost 8 in the first 3 weeks and I didnt lose anything this week. I am worried that I am going to give up with only 3 weeks in, but seeing your pictures made me go wow and I hope it is going to kick me in to carrying on.

Thank you.

Mairhi.
  • colgosling
    colgosling Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Oh man! What a hottie ;)

Seriously great job and truly inspirational.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    AWESOME JOB!!!!! :bigsmile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!