How long before you dump your pals????

Replies

• pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 552 Member
    some no matter if they arent on for months i wont ever delete...
    others a week and its bye bye
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    I've not yet received your personal home number. Would peeking into your windows at night count???

Pics or it didn't happen! Oh . . . wait.
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Two weeks. Sometime a week is not enough. They may be on vaca.
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    10 minutes.
  • Luvmesumkenny
    Luvmesumkenny Posts: 779 Member
    2 weeks!! unless they are sick, or on Vacation and I know they are coming back but I like to support everyone on my FL :-) I don't tolerate LAZINESS!!
  • ArtGeek22
    ArtGeek22 Posts: 1,429 Member
    Between 7-14 days without explanation or notice. But I might give a friend who I talk to a lot more time. We are here to support each other :tongue:
  • Cyndi1
    Cyndi1 Posts: 484 Member
    I don't delete any of my friends..
  • Feathil
    Feathil Posts: 163 Member
    I just don't bother tidying mine up - if they're not on my newsfeed they're not bothering me. If they're on my newsfeed it means they're active and I comment and reply with them. I can't be here every single day either.
  • rsjohnb
    rsjohnb Posts: 215 Member
    They could be on vacation with no Internet.

I have seen this bother people but i am not sure i understand. Why does it upset you?

I'm not upset, just wondering why would you have friends that you don't communicate with.
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    depends on if I know them! but otherwise Max 10 days!
  • fresh_start59
    fresh_start59 Posts: 590 Member
    In reality, my answer would have to be "It Depends."

I'm new to MFP. If I have a friend who goes AWOL for 10-12 days without posting a note about being busy, on vacation or saying they will be off MFP for awhile, and they do not respond to the two or three messages I send, I delete them.

Why? Frankly, it is because they were not my "friend" or my "pal" or even my "acquaintance." I'm not saying that to be mean. It's just the truth.

That said, there are already a couple MFP "friends" on my list that are growing on me. I think as we interact more on the boards, on our homepages, and via messages, we will have a chance to become close acquaintances and maybe even friends (without the quotation marks). If one of them goes AWOL, I will likely keep them in friends list for several months, maybe indefinitely.

BTW ... I did not join MFP to make friends. I came here to get healthy (or as healthy as I can be). After 50 years of worrying about, caring for, and catering to others wants and needs, I am finally learning that the only way I am going to be healthy is if I take some time to focus on me. Some may call it selfish. I call it survival.
  • MissyJessy
    MissyJessy Posts: 1,279 Member
    30 days to 60 days depending on if it was a planned time off if you just drop off the face of the planet im dumping you... sorry but this is a support network not a place for me to baby you everytime you fall off the wagon either you want this or you dont and if you just fall off for 2 months then your not ready and you dont want it bad enough.
  • I like people that don't dump. I'm not freaking perfect. :D.. So if I happen to have a busy week and don't log on but contnue to carry on my healthyness out of my fitness pal its not the end of the world for me!

Add me if you won't dump me :) I need more buds that don't wanna dump me just coz I'm not consistent with MFP
  • littlewhittles
    littlewhittles Posts: 402 Member
    Pretty similar for me. Or, if you log in once every few days, but don't actually use your diary or post. No offense, but little gets added to my experience as a "pal" if we don't interact, ya know?
  • I guess I'm the only one who dumped her friends because they were awesome and I was not. I had a ton of friends... some really sweet, fun and supportive friends. But while I log in consistently... I will not consistently interact, or log, or whatever right now. Just too much pressure. I'd rather this be just about doing what I can, than trying to keep up with a ton of (admittedly awesome) people.

EDIT: A lot of the responses on here are confirmation I made the right choice, at least for some friends. Many have expectations - i.e. I comment on you, so you comment on me. I

... But I don't need that. I don't need friends with tons of expectations.
  • JasMikkol89
    JasMikkol89 Posts: 77 Member
    yea i started unfriending people who dont log in for 7 days, i need support, haha.
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Is there an etiquette for dumping friends who aren't logging in??

I'm giving them 7 days then their out. Grrrr you've got to be in it to win it.lol

What about you?

I do the same...
  • Studiousone75
    Studiousone75 Posts: 23 Member
    I have only four friends with one of them not logged in for two months. I friended a guy and he sent a webpage message which I tried to reply to within a couple days only to find he dumped me already.

I am interacting with the three friends still logging in, though. I probably won't add more friends but stick with and cultivate the ones I have.
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    7-10 business days, may be longer if there is a holiday. :laugh:

I don't unfriend unless they Offend.:flowerforyou:
  • Poorgirls_Diet
    Poorgirls_Diet Posts: 528 Member
    Normally a month but I do send three emails just to make sure they are alright and if no reply after that they are gone. I also give support to those who support me but I will be doing a delete soon as there is no point in having loads of friends and no interaction