Why are there so many crabby pants on MFP?

Options

Replies

• Live2InspireHope
    Live2InspireHope Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    when i am Eating the right foods not Over Eating the Wrong ones. Juicing and eating healthy i feel great. to be honest i don't feel i am starving myself at all 90% of the time. its when i lose focus and i start eating all the wrong things at the wrong times (late Late)

juicing is the best thing i have done in my life. i just cant do it all the time in the winter Costs Go Through the roof so its hard at times.

Commitment, Consistency if i follow those 2 things i do amazing things
  • lovelyMYlovely
    lovelyMYlovely Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Some people do seem to use this as a springboard to attack and harass others. This site seriously needs a block button. One thing to note though is that all some of us have in common is a desire to weigh less and be healthier.

So take what works and ignore the rest. Failing that, imagine anyone you dislike being dragged nekkid through a stadium full of used cat litter.

It has an ignore feature. Right under profile picture, I think. I think that also blocks messages from them as well.
    OMG!! I NEVER KNEW THIS THANKS!
  • Chickabittie
    Options
    TOPIC: Why are there so many crabby pants on MFP?

Because people are FRIGGIN STARVING!!!! :laugh:
  • russjchurch
    russjchurch Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    That's what a low carb diet will do to ya!! All protein and no carbs make me the incredible hulk! No carb smash! :mad: :bigsmile:
  • karrieamandakeeps
    Options
    I like to go to another site it's just devoted to perfumes and it's fun and light hearted. Noone tells someone that they are wrong because they like this perfume over another. It's just oh great that works for you and your individual skin chemistry.

Why are the forums on MFP so hostile? It's just a weight gain/maitenance/loss tool that has the option of being able to share in a community of others who are interested in the same thing ie. fitness.

But some of these people you would think others have offended their religion when it comes to diet! Holy freakin' mother of whatever diety you worship! Some come on here spouting how this way of weight loss is mornonic others go into bashing whole food groups or saying that someone who is trying really putthing his/her heart and soul into this is doing it wrong. Simple questions that are innocent and someone is really looking for help are torn to shreds.

It's down right dirty and vitriolic the way some people are on this a fitness site! Jeesh, I think we all just need to breathe and put it into prescpective it's just food and excercise.

My two cents, but you know sometimes it's a mistake to come into the forums because they really arent that supportive. I guess it's someone's goal on here to make others feel like incompetent idiots.

Repeat all together...BREATHEEEE!
    Well said. Just look at the comments they all make like "oh man not another post on so & so". Okay, my note to them is nobody cares that you're an *kitten* & being that way doesn't make you a weight loss expert. And to you, just keep doing what you do, it looks like you're doing a great job losing 53 pounds. And to all the smart *kitten* that has the need to hit quote, don't bother because I don't bother to come back and check out your insults.
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    "Crabby pants" :noway: :sick:
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I like to go to another site it's just devoted to perfumes and it's fun and light hearted. Noone tells someone that they are wrong because they like this perfume over another. It's just oh great that works for you and your individual skin chemistry.

Why are the forums on MFP so hostile? It's just a weight gain/maitenance/loss tool that has the option of being able to share in a community of others who are interested in the same thing ie. fitness.

But some of these people you would think others have offended their religion when it comes to diet! Holy freakin' mother of whatever diety you worship! Some come on here spouting how this way of weight loss is mornonic others go into bashing whole food groups or saying that someone who is trying really putthing his/her heart and soul into this is doing it wrong. Simple questions that are innocent and someone is really looking for help are torn to shreds.

It's down right dirty and vitriolic the way some people are on this a fitness site! Jeesh, I think we all just need to breathe and put it into prescpective it's just food and excercise.

My two cents, but you know sometimes it's a mistake to come into the forums because they really arent that supportive. I guess it's someone's goal on here to make others feel like incompetent idiots.

Repeat all together...BREATHEEEE!
    Well said. Just look at the comments they all make like "oh man not another post on so & so". Okay, my note to them is nobody cares that you're an *kitten* & being that way doesn't make you a weight loss expert. And to you, just keep doing what you do, it looks like you're doing a great job losing 53 pounds. And to all the smart *kitten* that has the need to hit quote, don't bother because I don't bother to come back and check out your insults.

Oops, too late. Just wanted to bold your positivity and lack of insults!
  • karrieamandakeeps
    Options
    Repost!!!!

I have been here almost 2 years and I pretty much seen it all. This is how I see the life cycle of MFP (this tread is not about you personally….those are generalities. No hate mail please)

Newbie!!! This is sooo exciting, they are ready to do whatever it take to lose the weight once and for all.

-They cut calories as far as they can.

-Plan to lose 10 pounds in 4 weeks

-Go to the gym 2 hours a day and do cardio to burn calories,

-Do not eat their earned calories back (because what is the point then and think that all of us to tell them to eat, please just eat are out of their minds)

-Panic because a have a meal with family at a restaurant and oh my god how will they fit the calories in (hint…..exercising for hours)

-Post a tread about how nasty the old timers are.

-Burn out

Option A

-Quit

Option B

-Learn as much as possible about TDEE, BMR, The science of nutrition, Heavy strength training, learn about body fat%. Up their calories, care less about the scale; get healthy.

-turn around and try to help the newbie

-Get tired of fighting with the newbie and start answering in a way the newbies find rude.

-Get tired of being called rude but are in the best shape of their life, enjoy life, eat a lot and stop the hamster wheel of weight loss
    Only problem with this post is that some of us have been around for more than 2 years. And this ^^^ little cycle didn't apply much before about a year & a half ago. That's when a big group (I lovingly call "the mob") came in & just loved to throw around the insults & "snarky" comments at those that weren't a part of their group. They pretty much took over the Chit Chat section. Mike (the developer of this site) tried to cut down on their behavior by creating groups in MFP, where you could create your own private groups that are much less moderated than the rest of the forums. It didn't have the desired effect.

Before that time there were plenty of us who learned a ton here, got in the best shape of our lives & still found ways to not insult everyone here that was new or just didn't do things our way. And jerks were actually pretty rare; yes, even in the Chit Chat section. In fact many of those folks have since left because of a lot of the nonsense that's so common now. It's just one the growing pains of site with a growing social network. Sad, but true.

I'm gonna go out on a limb & say this post might incite the mob a little...
    SO SO very true. Btw, they have a nasty habit of checking your join date and number of posts. FYI for them, I'm too busy living my life, being happy and working out to sit here and post hate on new people which makes me wonder how one has the time for that. I haven't been here on mfp long but Ive been in this fitness game for 15 years now. Case in point, don't judge the newbie by the post number and join date.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    And to all the smart *kitten* that has the need to hit quote, don't bother because I don't bother to come back and check out your insults.

Yes, because that's how you learn. Ask a question and then don't check back for the answer. That works.
  • Rosytakesoff
    Options
    It has an ignore feature. Right under profile picture, I think. I think that also blocks messages from them as well.
    Thank you Quirkytizzy
  • 007bondage
    007bondage Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I have a filter that blocks all crabby-pants members. My group of friends are all awesomess personified :drinker:
  • N8r8r
    N8r8r Posts: 75 Member
    Options

LMAO....WELL SAID!!!!:laugh:
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    lolololol.jpg
  • cordianet
    cordianet Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Remember Junior High? Yea, it's like that.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Repost!!!!

I have been here almost 2 years and I pretty much seen it all. This is how I see the life cycle of MFP (this tread is not about you personally….those are generalities. No hate mail please)

Newbie!!! This is sooo exciting, they are ready to do whatever it take to lose the weight once and for all.

-They cut calories as far as they can.

-Plan to lose 10 pounds in 4 weeks

-Go to the gym 2 hours a day and do cardio to burn calories,

-Do not eat their earned calories back (because what is the point then and think that all of us to tell them to eat, please just eat are out of their minds)

-Panic because a have a meal with family at a restaurant and oh my god how will they fit the calories in (hint…..exercising for hours)

-Post a tread about how nasty the old timers are.

-Burn out

Option A

-Quit

Option B

-Learn as much as possible about TDEE, BMR, The science of nutrition, Heavy strength training, learn about body fat%. Up their calories, care less about the scale; get healthy.

-turn around and try to help the newbie

-Get tired of fighting with the newbie and start answering in a way the newbies find rude.

-Get tired of being called rude but are in the best shape of their life, enjoy life, eat a lot and stop the hamster wheel of weight loss
    Only problem with this post is that some of us have been around for more than 2 years. And this ^^^ little cycle didn't apply much before about a year & a half ago. That's when a big group (I lovingly call "the mob") came in & just loved to throw around the insults & "snarky" comments at those that weren't a part of their group. They pretty much took over the Chit Chat section. Mike (the developer of this site) tried to cut down on their behavior by creating groups in MFP, where you could create your own private groups that are much less moderated than the rest of the forums. It didn't have the desired effect.

Before that time there were plenty of us who learned a ton here, got in the best shape of our lives & still found ways to not insult everyone here that was new or just didn't do things our way. And jerks were actually pretty rare; yes, even in the Chit Chat section. In fact many of those folks have since left because of a lot of the nonsense that's so common now. It's just one the growing pains of site with a growing social network. Sad, but true.

I'm gonna go out on a limb & say this post might incite the mob a little...
    SO SO very true. Btw, they have a nasty habit of checking your join date and number of posts. FYI for them, I'm too busy living my life, being happy and working out to sit here and post hate on new people which makes me wonder how one has the time for that. I haven't been here on mfp long but Ive been in this fitness game for 15 years now. Case in point, don't judge the newbie by the post number and join date.

I personally hold a person's join date and/or post count when they complain about the forums, because as I've said before, "lurking" is not the same as participating, and often people might see/think something (ex: "EVERYONE IS SO MEAN") erroneously if they're missing the joke, the intent, etc.

In terms of fitness, there are tons of people who have joined after they've lost a tremendous amount of weight, learned nutrition, etc., and use this site for various purposes.

However, join date + success isn't a harsh bias to have towards someone if they suddenly appear and start preaching rather controversial nutritional information (that's me being nice; most of the time, they're posting misinformation, hence the bombastic posts). For instance, someone said, "I probably know more than most MFP members on nutrition because I studied it before coming to MFP." That's probably very true... and if you're posting valid research if you post nutritional info, that's great! Others (read: certain "new" members flitting about the forums) do not post multiple pieces of research ON TOP of a fresh join date and a substantial amount of weight to lose... with information that's not very factually sound. The thing is, many people seem to think that they have much more knowledge or information from rather unscientific sources (coughWomen'sDaycough), and join thinking they know the answers.

Wait, weren't you not going to come back?
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options

LMAO....WELL SAID!!!!:laugh:
    You have GOT to be freaking kidding with this right?
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Just so we're clear, I'm not at all hungry.
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Just so we're clear, I'm not at all hungry.

All natural crab, right there, don't gotta starve him to set it loose.
    (I honestly have no idea why you keep me around.)
  • RushBabe214
    RushBabe214 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Krabby_Patty_2_zps5a29908e.jpg
  • louiselebeau
    louiselebeau Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Why ask this on a diet site... WE ARE HUNGRY AND/OR GOING THROUGH SOME KIND OF JUNK WITHDRAWAL! No wonder we are crabby!!!!