Any spouses with separate bedrooms?

Options

Replies

• PottsvilleCurse1925
    PottsvilleCurse1925 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I would hate this. I will say that I hate when I'm in bed trying to fall asleep and she's out cold next to me breathing heavy in her slumber. Pisses me right the hell off. I tend to cough loud or kick her to quiet her down in hopes of falling asleep. It usually doesn't work. But most nights we sleep fine together. I enjoy waking up with her next to me instead of in another room.
  • amberlykay1014
    amberlykay1014 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    This could never happen for us.. Our favorite time of the day is getting into bed together and just letting the stress of the day melt away into nothingness as we drift into sleep. A lot of the time, we hold each other during the night and when one person rolls over, the other usually follows. Maybe it's because we've only been sleeping in the same bed for a year and half, but I'd like to think it will always be this way. Waking up together is pretty great too.
  • rgohm
    rgohm Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    My husband is gone for sometimes three months at a time and it is hard to get used to sleeping next to someone again but we do it. I have thought of separate bedrooms but I worry that ultimately it could lead to an emotional separation and I really don't want that! I think in theory it sounds awesome but I really don't want to chance it.
  • ilyahna
    ilyahna Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    My man and I have separate bedrooms, and I doubt either of us would like it otherwise. :)
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    My fiances refuses to sleep without me..in fact, even if we argue and I'm like "I'm going to sleep DOWNSTAIRS!" He comes downstairs just to beg me to at least sleep in the bed. I give in, but he loves the cuddles. So no sleeping in separate beds for us, but if it's works for other couples, that's great.

HAAHA oh Fiances. Just wait a few years.

My wife made me go to a sleep lab and I got a CPAP. I hate the thing to no end, but it works. Or just sleep on the couch and deal.
  • asgard825
    asgard825 Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    Nooooooooo....
  • FeatherBoBeather
    FeatherBoBeather Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Sleeping in separate bedrooms seems like crazy talk to me.

I couldn't agree more! ... I'll happily deal with every snore, pillow drool, blanket stealing, and early alarm of his, etc. if that's what it takes to sleep in the same bed as my fiance.
    I can't imagine WANTING to sleep separate... :/
    But... to each their own.
  • BlueObsidian
    BlueObsidian Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    We share a bedroom, but we have a spare/guest bedroom that either of us will use from time to time. He snores and I talk in my sleep, so we can seriously irritate each other some nights (plus, there are some days he has to wake up at 4 AM for work, which doesn't always go with my schedule). There were a few instances where one of us would wake up the other person to shut them up, and at that point we came to the agreement to just go sleep in the other room if we couldn't sleep in our bed.

I do really like that we go to bed together, though. That bit of time to talk and cuddle (and whatnot) before bed is very important to us. But, it's also nice knowing that we have an alternative option so that we can both get a restful night sleep after that.
  • walkwithme1
    walkwithme1 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a recipe for divorce. Married 11 and 1/2 years only time we have separate beds is if one of us is sick. (Maybe a combined total of a week in all those years)
  • rvicini
    rvicini Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I would be miserable. I snore, now I snore less, but she snores too!. I miss being far from her...
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    my x husband and I had separate bedrooms. He insisted.

He also beat me regularly.
  • Crystle85
    Options
    My boyfriend of 12 years works nights (for the past 7 years) so we rarely get to sleep in the bed at the same time, I love the weekends and early mornings when we actually sleep at the same time, even if we fight horribly over our 10 pillows and full sized quilt, and apparently I wake him with my snoring and he wakes me with his flatulence, I wouldn't trade it for anything, I love those rare occasions when we are both in the bed at the same time.

eta: I meant to add that I would never consider making him sleep in a separate room, he does annoy me because we're not used to sleeping together but I like being close to him so it just wouldn't work for us.
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    My lady lives in a separate house. Also, I haven't met her yet.
  • fatfrost
    fatfrost Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    We sort of have that. I have three kids and we idiotically failed to do sleep training so they now all sleep in the bed with my wife and I end up sleeping either on the couch or in one of the kids' beds. It's actually fine and occasionally I get motivated and take each of them into their respective rooms so that we can snuggle. But it involves stairs, so I have to be *really* motivated.
  • IslandDreamer64
    IslandDreamer64 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I sleep separate from my husband about 75% of the time because I am a HORRIBLE sleeper. Takes me forever to fall asleep, I'm a super light sleeper, and he snores (not terribly, but it's enough to wake me up and keep me from getting back to sleep. I also like sleeping with the fan on me and he doesn't want anything to do with that.

We have a very good relationship and there are no issues other than my sleeping problems. And yes, I've been to doctors and tried everything and nothing has worked for me.
  • Cyndi1
    Cyndi1 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    My parents had separate sleeping arrangements because of his snoring. They ended up more like roommates than husband/wife... then my dad started cheating... then they got divored. Just a thought.

my thoughts too...

I can see how it may start off as a good idea for a good sleep- sleep is important but I cant imagine not being in bed without my partner....
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    My Grandparents had separate bedrooms for as long as I can remember...

They stayed married.

To each their own.
  • PurpleCupcakes101
    Options
    Well I guess I'm strange because I like having my husband in the bed next to me. I would not do a separate bedroom...even on days he gets on my last nerve.
  • Cyndi1
    Cyndi1 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    watch the movie Hope Springs.... it might give you a little thing to consider....
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    **** van *kitten* and mary tyler moore