Don't ever give up! (my story, picture heavy)

Options

Replies

• move257
    move257 Posts: 313
    Options
    You are truly awesome!!! I, like you, had SO much weight to lose at the beginning. I was afraid of all the things you stated. I had been big my entire life. I weighed 298 when I got pregnant with my son and 318 when I gave birth. I was happy I hadn't gained much, but I was still morbidly obese and after becoming a mother, I knew I had to change. A year after he was born, I found MFP and decided to give it a shot. My initial weigh-in was a whopping 326. I was so disgusted with myself that I had let it go that far. I cracked down on my eating and began exercising in my home. I was doing cardio videos 4 nights a week and sticking to around 1500 calories a day. After 1 year, I had lost 82 pounds. I couldn't believe that I had done it. I was very proud of myself and felt great.

It has now been almost 2 years (I started in April 2011) and overall, I have lost 114 pounds. I still have about 60 pounds to go before reaching goal, but that number is much easier to deal with than 176. I congratulate you on this amazing accomplishment and I'm sure your little girl loves having you for her daddy!!!!

Fist let me start of by saying thank you for all you kind words. I can't believe someone like YOU is complimenting and congratulating me! Though I appreciate it VERY much, YOU are the rock star here, not me!! WOW!! I LOVE your story, I can relate but you know what? I was never pregnant which only adds more pressure. Through it all you didn't give up, you kept pushing forward and I am SOO proud of you. 114lbs is incredible!!!! WOW!!!! Your family must be so happy for you and you are a great example for your son. So that he will be healthy and happy his whole life. I LOVE your story so much!!!!! Thank you for sharing.

You mentioned how you cracked down on your eating and began doing cardio videos. Hard work and determination! LOVE IT!! Several folks have asked how I did it. No magic pill, no surgery. Just watched my intake, played with my macros, cracked down on my food. I haven't had soda (even diet, too much sugar) in over 8 months! I VERY rarely have sweets and everything else in moderation. A lot of fruit, veggies, and WATER!!! LOTS of water!!! I also worked my *kitten* off. Got off that couch, and started moving! I love to run so I run as much as I can. I lift, A LOT and heavy! Please don't let anyone tell you that lifting is bad for you! That it will "only make you look bigger and therefore should wait" NOT TRUE!! LIFT!!! It was a lot of sweat, tears (MANY tears when I just wanted to give up) determination even a bit of blood sometimes! (cuts and scrapes) It was all worth it though and if I did it anyone can do it! :D:D
  • Alanafl1975
    Options
    I really needed your post today! You just gave me hope. Thank you :)
  • badwolfIO
    badwolfIO Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Great job!
    You must be so proud!!!
    Inspirational!
  • sheshebell
    Options
    Wow! All I can say is Thank you for posting this. You are an inspiration. I'm so proud of you. Well done!
  • bonkers1224
    bonkers1224 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    WOWZEERS! Inspired:) You must be SO proud of yourself!!! F A N T A S T I C!!!!
  • melmac6641
    Options
    Great Job!! I am inspired!!! Thanks!
  • Adiehutton
    Adiehutton Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wow what a transformation! Very good to see the pictures from the beginning of your journey to how you are now - I'm going to keep that fresh in my mind. I'm on my third week and have lost 9lbs so far (without exercise) and have about 50lb to lose to get to where I want to be. So pleased for you and thanks for sharing your story, very motivating!
  • LynnieG85
    LynnieG85 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!!! I bet you feel even better! I love these success stories, they're great motivation!!!

Well Done!!!
  • Elizadolots
    Options
    Absolutely awesome. I feel inspired! :flowerforyou:

Fantastic.
  • TheRealJigsaw
    TheRealJigsaw Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • PicNdazy
    PicNdazy Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Great Job!
  • HKooner
    HKooner Posts: 28
    Options
    Awe-Inspiring!!!!! Thank You for sharing.
  • funnymum1995
    funnymum1995 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    AMAZING, TRUE INSPIRATION!!!!!!!! THANKS FOR POSTING,
  • Guurl
    Guurl Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Congrats- you are an inspriration. I don't want to focus on how good you look (amazing) - because it's more important to be healthy - but lets just say again the transformation is phenomenal. You are/will be a great father - your teaching your child/ren about setting goals and working to achieve - that hard work pays off - you haven't just given it lip service - you dug deep and DID IT !!

Congratulations!

This makes me want to get off my butt and exercise :)

C ya.
  • xTenaciousJx
    Options
    You are so AMAZING!! I'm soooooooooooo proud of you! I'm actually tearing up over here on how proud. You have put so much into this and showing everyone is bringing the push and encouragement to others that we can do this! You're MY HERO...seriously!!

I've watched you have good days and bad days...and THIS is so worth EVERYTHING!!!

YOU SO BROUGHT SEXY BACK!

love you lots and lots!!

:drinker: :heart:
  • MrsCarolC
    MrsCarolC Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    WTG, your before and after pics are awesome. Your family must be very proud!
  • breajohnson
    breajohnson Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    you look amazing! congrats on your accomplishment!
  • scoobybloo
    scoobybloo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wow, you are looking amazing, love your inspirational thread, thank you..
    I tell you what ? Your a very good looking guy.....

Looking forward to seeing some more pics as the weight continues to fall off you, well done .. x
  • wendyhill161
    Options
    Well done, you are a true inspiration you look fantastic,
  • Justforme104
    Justforme104 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!! WTG Thanks for sharing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!