5 Pounds A Month April 2010 Challenge

Options

Replies

• TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Okay, wasn't going to say anything because I want to remain positive but I am worried. DH has a cat scan scheduled for tomorrow morning. last Friday he didn't feel well and started peeing blood. went to the doctor they checked for infection. Its not infection so now they want to check for cancer. He is a cancer survivor and last year he was free and clear. (hadnt been checked for 10 years) I am sure it isn't cancer but the thought creeps in. Okay, I will just workout like crazy tomorrow to keep those endorphins flowing and my thoughts happy and positive. I just didn't think we would spend our first anniversary with him pissing blood. :blushing:

Sending prayers your way! I went through that this earlier this year. Doctors at urgent care kept treating for bladder infection because of blood in urine but when cultured there was no infection so sent me to urologist. They could find no reason. But did check for kidney stones and bladder stones. Sometimes just an active lifestyle can cause some blood in urine. Hope all goes well! I know I was really worried about it being cancer when I was going through all the tests!

We are here for you!
  • NotLuigiTM
    Options
    I challenge you to lose 5 pounds this month! About 9 months til Christmas. If you can lose 5 pounds a month for those 9 months....45 pounds lighter by = 45 pounds by Christmas!

Welcome newcomers! Welcome all those who have followed us from the March thread.

Let's do it!:drinker: :drinker:

January 1 starting weight for 2010 185.6

April 1 weight 177.6

I have already lost 3. but the month is almost over since I did not see it until today! But 3 in a month is still great and I only have 41 more left to hit my target of 175. I started at 242 and now am 216 and want to get to 175. Good Luck!
  • phyljen
    phyljen Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    HI EVERYONE,
    I'VE BEEN KIND OF SILENT THE PAST FEW DAYS. BUT STILL I HAVE BEEN READING EVERYTHING. JUST FEELS LIKE MY LIFE IS SPINNING OUT OF CONTROL AND I DON'T SEEM TO BE ALONE.

ROBIN - I AM PRAYING FOR YOU AND HOPE THAT ALL GOES WELL. DANG THAT BLOOD.
    JENN YOU LOOK GREAT IN THE BEFORE AND AFTER PICS. I MEAN OH MY GOSH YOU LOOK TERRIFIC. YOUR GUY
    BETTER GET BUSY AND MARRY YOU BEFORE SOMEONE ELSE SNATCHES YOU UP IN A FLASH.

TERRI- GLAD THAT YOU ARE GETTING OVER THE SNIFFLES. I HATE COLDS IN WINTER OR SUMMER. THEY JUST DRIVE ME NUTS. I HAVE BETTER THING TO DO THAN BLOW MY NOSE.

GLAD TO HAVE MORE NEW COMERS ALONG ON THIS JOURNEY. IT IS GREAT TO GET TO KNOW MORE FOLKS.

AND I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT YOU HAVE BEEN SO SICK ON TOP OF HAVING SURGERY PLUS TOM!!! MY GOODNESS IS THERE NO HOPE IN LIFE FOR THE POOR MOTHERS OUT THERE. ISN'T TAKING CARE OF FIVE KIDS ALL IN DIAPERS ENOUGH!!!

WELL ANYWAY.. I WENT TO THE DOC YESTERDAY BECAUSE MY LEG WAS ALL SWOLLEN UP AROUND THE KNEE PLUS NEEDED TO GET THE RESULTS OF THE MRI. NOTHING REAL SERIOUS --- JUST DEGENERATING MENISCUS CHALK IT UP TO OLD AGE I GUESS BUT THE TWIST AT AEROBICS ONLY SET IT OFF SO HIS RECOMMENDATIONS WERE TO KEEP MY FEET UP. NO STAIRS, KEEP THE BRACE ON MY KNEE AND TO TAKE A WEEK OFF FROM WORK!!!!!!! YA RIGHT??? IT IS THE BUSIEST TIME OF THE YEAR. I JUST CAN'T IMAGINE HOW I CAN DO THAT. SO I CAME IN TO WORK TODAY AND TOLD THE KIDS I WAS PLANNING TO SIT AND THEY HAVE TO COME TO ME FOR HELP OR I'D BE OUT ALL NEXT WEEK. THE LITTLE STINKERS WERE KIND OF NICE TO ME OFF AND ON AND TOOK A LITTLE PITY ON ME. THEY HATE SUBSTITUTE TEACHERS! :happy:
    SO I AT LEAST HAVE THE WEEK END TO LAY LOW. MY TWO HOUR JOG OF THE PAST IS BECOMING ONLY A MEMORY!! I AM STILL SWIMMING THOUGH AND GETTING PRETTY GOOD AT PILATES. DOESN'T SEEM TO BREAK ME INOT A SWEAT THOUGH AND I LOVE SWEATING!!!:laugh:
    SO WE'LL SEE WHAT THE SCALES SAY TOMORROW. I AM REALLY TRYING TO STAY WITHIN MY CALORIE LIMIT AND WITH LESS EXERCISE POINTS IT MEANS LESS FOOD TO GET TO EAT BACK! BUT I HAVE NOT GONE OVER SO FAR SO THAT IS A PLUS... SEE YA ALL LATER. PHYLJEN:yawn:
  • rcatr
    rcatr Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    well, considering i'm a little late in joining and the month is pretty much over...i'm just going to set a mini goal of maintaining :) and try for 5 in May
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Jenn - great pics!! you have alot to be proud of!

Brunettewife - doing great!!!

Hello everybody!!

I am recovering from my fall off the wagon - back down to 180.8 this morning (was up to 185.6 after binging for 10 days). I won't make the April 5 lbs but have new resolve to get my five for May!!

Jenn - how do you get those pics to post?? I can't seem to do it!

http://i1031.photobucket.com/albums/y378/fivefatcats/April2010021c.jpg

I couldn't figure it out for the longest time, lol. I uploaded them onto photobucket.com then copied the picture code. But you need to change the toon both sides of the code.
  • Jennplus2
    Options
    Phyljen, I am happy to hear from you. I was missing your posts. It is a busy time of year at schools and I think your telling the kids to come to you when they need help is a great idea to keep you off your feet. This injury is a set back but you know what they say about what doesn't kill us makes us stronger. You will be running again in no time. And that scale better be nice to you tomorrow! Exercising and doing what you can even when your injured takes a strong will, your my hero! Keep faith, we are all hoping for a fast recovery for you. :flowerforyou:

:laugh: "YOU LOOK GREAT IN THE BEFORE AND AFTER PICS. I MEAN OH MY GOSH YOU LOOK TERRIFIC. YOUR GUY
    BETTER GET BUSY AND MARRY YOU BEFORE SOMEONE ELSE SNATCHES YOU UP IN A FLASH."
    Thank you very much! I will tell him that you said that, lol. (He finds it very cool that I have a friend living across the world) He thinks we are still to young to be married. And while we are young I don't feel we are to young (I'm turning 27 in May) PLUS WE HAVE TWO KIDS TOGETHER! :sad: I think he is just scared because both of our parents have gotten divorced (his Dad is on wife number 6, his mom is single after her 3rd try). Everyone he knows that have been married have had bad relationships. So he feels like we might "mess everything up" by getting married, IMO he is being crazy. I want to set a better example for our kids and I believe that people in life make there own choices, we are not our parents. It is hard work but worth it, I think. Our daughter has been playing with dolls and having them ask "will you marry me?" It breaks my heart every time. :ohwell:

I have been good so far this week and I am hopping to be back down on the scale tomorrow. Two steps forward during the week one step back on the weekend. But I am trying to think about things as a learning process.

Hope everyone has a great day! And drink your water, gotta flush the body before you weigh tomorrow! :drinker:
  • Rokssana
    Rokssana Posts: 14
    Options
    Had my weigh in today and I lost 4 pounds since last week! Hit the April goal, lost 8 pounds this month! Didn't think I could do it but thanks for the support, will be back for the May challenge!
  • TCASMEY
    Options
    Had my weigh in today and I lost 4 pounds since last week! Hit the April goal, lost 8 pounds this month! Didn't think I could do it but thanks for the support, will be back for the May challenge!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: WOW!:drinker: :drinker: 4 pounds in one week! Incredible! Keep up the awesome work!
  • Moolieloo
    Moolieloo Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hello, peoples! Congratulations on everyone's amazing ability to keep at it even when it is so hard! I am inspired by you all! I've lost 4 lbs so far this month, so I'm glad about that, but will keep at it even harder to lose 5 lbs in May. I like how some of you have a goal of burning 3500 cals a week. I'm gonna start doing that. Good luck in the coming month!
  • TCASMEY
    Options
    Well I am going back to doctor after work this evening. I woke to a very swollen sore gland in my neck. I have so much mucous running down my throat that I am extremely nauseous. I guess that is common with sinus infections. This is really hard on me because I rarely get a cold and now I have been feeling awful for several weeks. Hopefully they can treat it correctly this time and I can get back on track come May.

I don't think the scale will be kind to me tomorrow. It is so hard to workout or even care about eating well when I feel yucky. Another behavior to work on.

Hope everyone is having a better day than me.

Phyljen those kids should be waiting on you for everything you need at school!:laugh: :laugh: But you are like me you just keep going. I could call my daycare parents and send the kids home but I hate to cause them trouble. When I had my hysterectomy, I had surgery on Wednesday and the kids were back at my house on Monday. Sometimes I think that is why we end needing to lose weight. We spend so much time worrying and taking care of others we forget about ourselves!

Be healthy!

Terri
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    "Its kidney stones!" she screams, breaking down in to sobs of releif.:sad: :cry: :cry: :happy:
  • TCASMEY
    Options
    "Its kidney stones!" she screams, breaking down in to sobs of releif.:sad: :cry: :cry: :happy:

I guess I should say glad to hear that but.....:laugh: :laugh: Kidney stones don't sound like much fun but definitely better that cancer! You must be so relieved!

Glad they told you right away! When I had my CT scan I had to wait a week to talk to the doc about the results!
  • blessedmocha
    Options
    Hello all,

I have only just joined MFP and absolutely love this thread..

This month, I have worked on burning more than 3500 calories a week and therefore i lost more than 4lbs in 3 weeks..:happy:

Prior to this, I worked out vigorously at the gym for 6 months and gained 1lb :frown: . This was because i did not understand the calorie thing!!!:cry:

Now i have more knowledge, I hope to join your challange in May and hopefully lose more than 5lb a month. :happy:

SW: 170
    CW: 165
    GW: 135
  • Jennplus2
    Options
    Great news RJ! I am so glad! (not glad that he has kidney stones but glad that he will be ok)

Terri, sorry to hear that you are still not well. My daycare lady is like you also, she closed for one week when she had her 4th child via c-section, but it was really 4 days because it fell on a long weekend. I love her like a part of my family (she IS a part of my family in my mind) and I'm sure your parents feel the same about you. As parents we do understand how your health is important! Take care of yourself and get lots of rest this weekend.

I will be sending healthy thoughts to everyone who is injured, or sick or who have sick loved ones. :flowerforyou:

Yay, I am back down to Fridays weight! :bigsmile: If I work super hard tonight during my last chance workout I just might show a loss!

Oops I forgot! fivefatcats, I meant to change the to[img]on both sides of the code so it would read:[/img]bla bla whatever the code saysand it should readbla bla whatever the code says[img][/img]
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the great thoughts and prayers. I have spent the day with him since he got the "good" news. Since I have never had cancer (and he had a really scary one) I can't truly understand the fear he felt again. He is so releived. He has ahd a kidney stone before but said this felt very different. (could be because there is more than one) He does drink a lot of water so we don't really know what the cause is. He is sleeping right now, I think the stress of the last few days has really takens its toll. anyway thanks again for all your well wishes.
  • Rokssana
    Rokssana Posts: 14
    Options

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: WOW!:drinker: :drinker: 4 pounds in one week! Incredible! Keep up the awesome work!

thanks! doing the challenge was motivating! hope everything goes well with the doctor!
  • ANutterHarra
    Options
    I know this is at the end of this month but I've lost 4 lbs this month so I'm in!

SW:176
    CW:167
    GW:125

That would put me pretty much to my goal by the end of the year!
  • phyljen
    phyljen Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    HI PALS;
    Weighed in this morning and i lost a pound. I was afraid because of the lack of aerobic exercises and taking meds. that I would not see a loss but I was pleasantly surprised. I also measured since it is the last day of the month and lost total of 2 and a half inches. one half inch from my thighs and one half from my waist and one and a half from my thunder hips. Good news in the measuring dept. :tongue:

SW 159
    April SW 145
    Today - 141

Only 4 all together but I"LL take it and celebrate. considering the month I have had. :laugh: :wink: :smile: Phyljen
    Good luck everyone else. Waiting to hear of your results.
  • ginabhappy
    ginabhappy Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    count me in I'll take that challenge.
  • ifychudy
    ifychudy Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I am new here 244.4. count me in