5 Pounds A Month April 2010 Challenge

Options
TCASMEY
TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
I challenge you to lose 5 pounds this month! About 9 months til Christmas. If you can lose 5 pounds a month for those 9 months....45 pounds lighter by = 45 pounds by Christmas!

Welcome newcomers! Welcome all those who have followed us from the March thread.

Let's do it!:drinker: :drinker:

January 1 starting weight for 2010 185.6

April 1 weight 177.6

Replies

• lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    Hey if I could lose these last few stubborn pounds before my anniversary on the 20th, I'd be happy. So I'm in for this month.

Edit: Oops, forgot to post weights
    Started (this found) six weeks ago.
    CW 140.2 lb
    GW (this challenge) 135 lb
  • nikkolatwell
    Options
    Count me in.
    Start date was February 7th 2010 SW 277
    Today April 1st 2010 CW 261.8 (that is 15 lbs in 2 months)

Goal for April is at least 255 lbs.

Honesty is all we have in live and to be able to succeed in life we must first and always be honest with ourselves.
  • cathcakey
    cathcakey Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Sounds good - I'd be so pleased if I could get down 5lb this month!

CW 165.2
    Goal 140
  • sarapeavey
    sarapeavey Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Count me in as well!

CW: 182
    GW: 130

Good Luck EVERYONE! :)
  • hill242
    hill242 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Would love to get out of the 170's by the end of the month. 173 as of this morning.
  • ractayjon
    ractayjon Posts: 365
    Options
    Thats my goal....5 pounds by the end of the month.....I need to stay focused and remember the goal!
  • Breathe_Glamour
    Options
    This is great! I take the challenge.
    SW: 175 lbs.
    CW: 169 lbs
    GW: 135 lbs

I would LOVE to be at least 164 lbs by the end of April.
  • kimhurt
    kimhurt Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I'm in.

SW 149 (Jan 2010)
    CW 132 (April 1, 2010)
    GW 124
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Would love to get out of the 170's by the end of the month. 173 as of this morning.

That's my goal too!!!

173.2 starting weight
    168.2 end of April weight
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    double post
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    I love this thread. You are the best. Welcome newcomers, you picked a good one.

Feb 2010 178.4

April 1 170.4

I need to be 165 at least by May 2nd. That will be me first wedding anniversary and I need to weigh what I did when I got married (I gained 13 plus unemployment pounds)

Then I will be back on track for my summer weightloss goals. Good luck everyone. You can do it.
  • kalmf
    kalmf Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Ooh, a whole new thread, blank slate - I love it.
    Starting weight: 129.5, Goal weight 124.5:laugh: One hundred and bleeping twenty four is actually in sight!???! This is amazing!

A quick update on the Happiest Flipping Place On Earth - well, of course it wasn't. Do you know it's a hundred dollars to get in these days. Aye, carumba. And churros and vitamin water for the kids was about 5 bucks per item.

AND THE FOOD!!! It's a crime - or it really should be. The only salad I could find was a hunk of romaine with nothing else on it which they called a Caesar salad. Anyway, mercifully the younger demented teen wanted to go home after a few hours so we made a quick escape.

I didn't do any damage to myself food-wise, but that's because I didn't eat anything at all which isn't good for blood sugar (especially when standing in a 45 minute line with above mentioned demented teen.)

So, here's to April - bring it on!!
  • elysetoplin
    elysetoplin Posts: 253
    Options
    starting weight: 154, goal weight: 125, end of april goal weight: 149

according to the BMI calculator, I will no longer be overweight if i weigh below 150. so if i could get to 149 this month, that would be amazing!!!
  • kalmf
    kalmf Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    starting weight: 154, goal weight: 125, end of april goal weight: 149

according to the BMI calculator, I will no longer be overweight if i weigh below 150. so if i could get to 149 this month, that would be amazing!!!

You can do this! Everyone who stayed with this thread either lost or maintained during March and many achieved the 5 pound loss. Support is a very powerful thing.
  • JABehler
    JABehler Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Okay, back to my own scale at home. I guess I celebrated both too prematurely and too much. Had some munchies at Mom's. Anyway, lost 4 lbs. last month. Weighed in at 138 this am. I did change my goal also to 130. I think I would feel more comfortable. Having a healthy burrito for lunch and then going with hubby to the Y to workout. Actually I'm not a gym person, I perfer to walk outdoors but it is snowing, so I will try the treadmill or indoor track. Hubby really wants to do upper body workout and recumbent bike. So here's to the next 5lbs. going away this month.:drinker:
    Jacque

Oh welcome newbies....you'll love this group. Thanks Terri for the support.
  • angelwings2000
    angelwings2000 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    My starting weight at the beginning of the year was 150 pounds.

I did manage to lose my five pounds in March (just barely)

Starting weight for April is 129 pounds.

Goal for the end of April is 124 pounds!! :smile:
  • phyljen
    phyljen Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    WOW So many new people. And Guess what? YOU have joined the perfect group. :flowerforyou: So good for you! We are here to support you and motivate you and also get motivated from you!
    I have been in this group since Jan 10th when I joined MFP. I have lost 5 every month so far. I didn't think it was possible but now I know it is so I'm going to keep going until I reach my goal and then will continue to maintain.:laugh: :laugh:

SW 159
    Current weight 145.
    I'll weigh in tomorrow and see if I lost anything this week.

Do we report tomorrow, since we are starting TODAY? Just wondered. I plan on weighing in just the same since we do on Friday every week. :wink: and Again. WELCOME everyone! Old and new! Karin.... what place are you referring to that you went to with your teen? Phyllis
  • Rokssana
    Rokssana Posts: 14
    Options
    Count me in! Hope it pays off!

CW: 192
    GW: 155
  • aisser
    aisser Posts: 232
    Options
    I only lost 3 lbs last month so I am changing things I am no longer going to eat my workout calories and see if that helps. I went to the gym and worked out for a hour and a half.
    I weighed in today because this is the first but after this week I will weigh in on Fridays. One day isn't going to make a difference I don't think.

April 1 166 lbs
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    This is just what I need! I'm in!!

MFP Start Weight 175
    April Start Weight 160.6
    April Goal Weight 155ish
    End Goal Weight 145ish