5 Pounds A Month April 2010 Challenge

Options

Replies

• sonia2003
    sonia2003 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I am in as well! I did the march challenge and it keeps me on track to weigh in! I will be weighing in on Mondays instead of Fridays though! My home scale I found out was completely off and I have decided to use the Dr's scale to keep track on weight once a week!

Start weight: 144
    Current weight: 137
    Goal weight: 120

I lost 3 pounds in the March challenge and then my home scale fell and has not worked properly since! I hope to lose 5 pounds by April 30th!
  • lreed
    lreed Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Jan 1st , 2010 218
    April 1st 2010 203.9
    May 1st 2010 198.9 Yes that's right under 200!
  • Fayegill
    Fayegill Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm in - Love to lose 5 or more pounds this month.
    April 1 - 177 May 1 - 172
  • Vans
    Vans Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I would also like to join this group I lost 4 in March...and 5 in April would be great.
    SW: 168
    GW: 163
  • kalmf
    kalmf Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I guess I celebrated both too prematurely and too much.

Okay, so I don't understand. You may not have met the literal goal - but why isn't 4 pounds a win?
  • heathie88
    heathie88 Posts: 16
    Options
    im in! ive been slacking lately so being in a group will really help!

SW: 162
    CW (april 1st):156
    GW:130
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    Options
    I'm in....Yesterday i was 123lbs but I've already lost a pound so good start to the month :bigsmile:
    so i'm going to say starting weight 122lbs
    GW: 117lbs
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    It is so awesome to see so many new faces. Friday is our official weigh-in but I know many of us posted our weight yesterday so for this first week it is up to you to decide if you plan to post your weight today or not. I am not going to just because I weighed the same this morning that I did yesterday.

I was thinking about going for an outside walk right now but it is so dark so I am going to jump on the treadmill as soon as I am done posting. I am actually glad I weighed the same I had a tired stressed out day and then last night we went to a great Mexican Place and I ate a Burrito Cancun. (It is a seafood burrito and it is so good.) The only good thing I did there was to not eat the rice that came with the meal. I had a Margarita and chips and the burrito. Back to business today. I know the weekend will be bad because we are going to my parents. I know why I have a weight problem. My mom is always baking and thinks you should always be eating, but she has never had any weight problems. Go figure.

Anyway off to exercise.

Have a healthy day!

Terri
  • iwantthis
    iwantthis Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Fresh start. New month. That's a good feeling.

March 1: 203.8
    April 1:196.6
    Goal: 189

Could be a lofty goal. I would be happy with any loss!
    Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!
  • spiralgirl71
    spiralgirl71 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join as of April 1st! My start weight (as of March 30th) is 200.4
  • kalmf
    Options
    Phyllis, the "happiest place on earth" is Disneyland. I envy you going to a smaller amusement park - they're more real and you don't get accosted by six foot rodent characters. Bah humbug!!

I woke up this morning and was poking around the new threads and found one for the 'Kind Diet'. We were given this book for Christmas. We are all primarily vegetarians, although we eat fish once or twice a week, and dairy. I've thought about wading into veganism, but I get nervous about food becoming such an issue. Our eating habits are pretty run of the mill for LA, but being a vegan usually means you have to say something about it when you go to someone's house, which makes me a bit squirmy. Maybe we could try being closet vegans at home.

Then of course there's dealing with my Dad, who's favorite thing to do is hold a funeral for the carrot or potato when we go to dinner. If he mocks us now, can you imagine! Well, my mum has Alzheimer's and I suppose he needs as much laughter in his life as he can get, so it may as well be at my expense.

I think I'm going to try this. Soy milk, here I come:tongue:
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Then of course there's dealing with my Dad, who's favorite thing to do is hold a funeral for the carrot or potato when we go to dinner. If he mocks us now, can you imagine! Well, my mum has Alzheimer's and I suppose he needs as much laughter in his life as he can get, so it may as well be at my expense.

I think I'm going to try this. Soy milk, here I come:tongue:

Not sure I quite agree with the "happiest place on Earth"...sounds more like a marketing scheme to me...much more places that I would rather be!!! Waiting in long lines, spending a fortune and the crowds. Maybe, it's the happiest place for kids? Because the parents suffer!!!

Too funny about the carrot and potato funerals

Let me know about the soy milk, I am afraid to try it
  • kalmf
    Options
    Official Friday weigh in: 130.

Kim I detest Disneyland with every fibre of my being!

Just finishing up my last cup of real tea with real milk and real processed and bleached to perfection sugar.
  • phyljen
    phyljen Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    New Month New Picture. This is my daughter and me. We were at the leper colony the other day delivering wheel chairs and took the picture. It was a fun day. Happy Easter to everyone and hope that you have great very healthy celebrations and family fun this coming week end. It is so good to see so many people ready to take on the April 5 pound challenge.
    Karin- All your post leave me smiling. You have quite the sense of humor. I did have a fun little time at the small amusement park and there were NO six foot rodents anywhere.
    Kim - I have tried soy milk and even "chocolate soy milk" and rather enjoy it. but it is expensive over here so I don't usually buy it.
    I grew up on a farm though and got used to fresh milk. Perhaps that is how I gained such healthy HIPS!!
    Phyllis:wink:
  • amy_marie
    amy_marie Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Sounds good to me, I'm in!

SW: 151
    GW: 146
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Official Friday weigh in: 130.

Kim I detest Disneyland with every fibre of my being!

Just finishing up my last cup of real tea with real milk and real processed and bleached to perfection sugar.

Your being there is a true mama...we suffer and sacrifice for the kids!!!
  • erinm
    erinm Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    in!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Official Friday weigh in. 170 so I actually lost .4 since yesterday Yay!!!.

Regarding soy milk. I can't stand it but I do like almond milk. and the unsweetend is really low in sugar so it works well for me but it is harder to find than the original. Still the original only has 60 calories for 8 oz.

I ran again today. I am getting so much stronger. I did a four minute stretch today. So I am thinking my 5 minute jogging goal will be reached soon.

I hope you all have a great weekend.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    I ran again today. I am getting so much stronger. I did a four minute stretch today. So I am thinking my 5 minute jogging goal will be reached soon.

Awesome:drinker: :drinker: ...I had the same experience yesterday...beautiful weather in MN and went for a jog/walk yesterday

Did 4.75 miles in 62 minutes...I felt like the timing was right...I wasn't out of breath, my legs didn't fatique and my heartrate was steady in the 140's/150's

I have been doing the 30 day slimdown with Jillian Michaels...I attribute a lot of the leg strength and increase in cardio from doing that program....Love her or hate her...your dripping buckets

Here is to the 160's this month:bigsmile::love: ...it's been about 2 years since I've seen that number:grumble: ...but, we gotta fight for it like a pit bull:devil:

I have a challenge for myself this week....exercise 3500 calories...any other takers????
  • deeann1459
    deeann1459 Posts: 116
    Options
    I would like to be in this.. it seems like every thread I join dies a swift death, but this one seems pretty lively!

SW-170
    GW-165

I am hoping for a bit more, but 5 would be awesome as well... I need to get down to 160 by June 1st for my PT test for full BMI points.