5 Pounds A Month April 2010 Challenge

Options

Replies

• buffjess
    buffjess Posts: 382
    Options
    im so in!! I have fallen off the wagon long enough!!

Current weight 143
    goal weight this mth 138
    goal weight 124
  • JABehler
    JABehler Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Karin, you are so kind. I should be happy with a 4 lb. loss. A loss is still a gain on taking charge. Thanks for the reminder. I, too, enjoy your postings. But I have to admit, I love Disneyland. I'd go there in a heartbeat. I grew up in that area and actually have family connections to the land. Some of the land was purchased from my Aunt and Uncle. Went there a lot as a child. So, next time...send me! send me!
    Phyllis, great new picture. You look really good. Keep it up, you've definately got things going on.
    Didn't get on the scale today since I weighed in yesterday and had a rushed day....Today was annual mammogram day....well, my boobs were smaller not as much to squash between 2 plates. I think I deserve a treat for that. :indifferent:
    Jacque
  • kalmf
    kalmf Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    ..Today was annual mammogram day....well, my boobs were smaller not as much to squash between 2 plates. I think I deserve a treat for that. :indifferent:
    Jacque

Hysterical, Jaque!!!

That is so amazing about your family owning some of the original land. I don't mean to be nasty about D'land - it's just the over-stimulation and the over-price everything that gets me going, and believe me, I'd send you if I could.

Phyljen - great new photo! The incredible shrinking woman!

I think I've used up my allotment of exclamation marks for this post so I'm going now.
  • aisser
    aisser Posts: 232
    Options
    I would like to be in this.. it seems like every thread I join dies a swift death, but this one seems pretty lively!

SW-170
    GW-165

I am hoping for a bit more, but 5 would be awesome as well... I need to get down to 160 by June 1st for my PT test for full BMI points.

I know what you mean some of the threads that I joined just died off but this one has been a good one. One of my favorites. Welcome
  • phyljen
    phyljen Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Kim, I am in on the 3500 cal challenge too. Love challenges! count in right there next to you. Phyllis:happy:
    I ran again today. I am getting so much stronger. I did a four minute stretch today. So I am thinking my 5 minute jogging goal will be reached soon.

Awesome:drinker: :drinker: ...I had the same experience yesterday...beautiful weather in MN and went for a jog/walk yesterday

Did 4.75 miles in 62 minutes...I felt like the timing was right...I wasn't out of breath, my legs didn't fatique and my heartrate was steady in the 140's/150's

I have been doing the 30 day slimdown with Jillian Michaels...I attribute a lot of the leg strength and increase in cardio from doing that program....Love her or hate her...your dripping buckets

Here is to the 160's this month:bigsmile::love: ...it's been about 2 years since I've seen that number:grumble: ...but, we gotta fight for it like a pit bull:devil:

I have a challenge for myself this week....exercise 3500 calories...any other takers????
  • lulu64uk
    lulu64uk Posts: 62
    Options
    I'm in

SW 186
    GW 181

any more will be a BONUS :wink:
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    Options
    wish my luck on not gaining 5lb ...it's my drinking night and i tend to go a little heavy on the vodka =/ *keeping her fingers crossed*
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Kim, I am in on the 3500 cal challenge too. Love challenges! count in right there next to you. Phyllis:happy:
    I ran again today. I am getting so much stronger. I did a four minute stretch today. So I am thinking my 5 minute jogging goal will be reached soon.

Awesome:drinker: :drinker: ...I had the same experience yesterday...beautiful weather in MN and went for a jog/walk yesterday

I have a challenge for myself this week....exercise 3500 calories...any other takers????
    Phyllis,

Glad to have some misery, I mean, company. When would you like to start?

I am currently at 2073 exercise cals for the week and my week ends tomorrow. Looking to burn 500 today and tomorrow. Uh oh, tomorrow is Easter and at 1:00 we have a champagne brunch.:drinker: Can't imagine not drinking champagne or working out after drinking it. :noway: That's too much life style change for me. I'll be looking for a nap.:yawn:

I'm giving it the best shot possible; but, looks like I'm not going to be able to make it for this week. I had to take yesterday off because my knee and ankles were sore. I don't want any permanent injury or be out of commision for an extended period of time. Also, kids were on spring break and I took them out for the day. Little rascals.
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Warm welcome to all the newcomers. I am at the point of writing this week off and starting again Monday morning. The kids are at the grandparents so we have been "dating" and going out to dinner so we can talk without the distractions of home. Last night was some awesome Chinese food, but it was so salty. I drank so much water after we got home just to try and dilute it. Just for fun I weighed myself at bedtime and was at 184.4. I think I got up every 2 hours to use the bathroom and then I would drink a few sips of water while I was up. Guess what? I was at 177 this morning. That was a lot of water I drank last night.

Sunday is Easter dinner at my parents. My mom is an awesome cook and it is hard to resist most of her great food. I have to have some lefse with cinnamon sugar. I was going to exercise extra this morning in anticipation of not doing anything tomorrow but my right knee was really sore this morning so I am letting it rest. May have to get up and walk before church tomorrow.

Have a happy healthy Easter!

Won't be back on until at least Sunday Night. My parents still have dial-up internet and it is painful.

Terri
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I am in for the 3500 calorie challenge. I usually plan my weeks from Sunday-Saturday. I will start Sunday.

Terri
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    Options
    ok i'm curious what is the 3500 cal challenge?
  • shannonstarr
    shannonstarr Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    i AM IN....NO IDEA IF i AM POSTING THIS RIGHT! I AM NEW TO THE SITE!
  • jessw86
    jessw86 Posts: 29
    Options
    I'm in ... but my weekend is going to be a total bust. I started celebrating my birthday Thursday evening with my bf by going out to dinner, I barely ate during the day so I could enjoy myself that evening. Same for Friday, went to dinner with my family so i ate very little that day. Today my sister and brother and their family are coming up to my parents and we're having cake and icecream! Then tomorrow will be dinner at both of my grandparents so it's gonna be hard to keep track of the calories but I'm gonna do my best to stop when I'm full and choose the healthiest things on the table. I will just have to get back on track Monday and weigh in Friday so hopefully the scale will even back out by then. Good luck everyone... and Happy Easter!

Current weight : 134.2 (as of this morning)
    Goal weight : 127.5

Losing 5lbs this month will put me so close I will be able to taste it! :):):)
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    I am in for the 3500 calorie challenge. I usually plan my weeks from Sunday-Saturday. I will start Sunday.

Terri

me too.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Facing a bit of a challenge this morning. I feel so good and so strong I want to workout really hard again today but today is supposed to be my rest day. How much to you guys think I should push myself on what is supposed to be a rest day. Please advise. Thanks. :huh:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    How much to you guys think I should push myself on what is supposed to be a rest day. Please advise. Thanks. :huh:

I would rest...you need one every once in a while:yawn:
  • nisijam5
    Options

Terri

Let's all start on Sunday and see who's the exercise DEMON:devil:

Winner gets to pick the next challenge...the possibilities are endless
  • phyljen
    phyljen Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: PHYLJEN
  • mommy2two07
    mommy2two07 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I know I am a couple days late but if it is ok I would like to join in too.
    My weight was 222lbs this morning. I have alot to lose but maybe if I only focus on 5lb goals it will be better. And I just bought an exercise bike at a yard sale today !!!
  • barty
    barty Posts: 729
    Options
    Hi I'd like to join you if thats ok. my start weight with MFP on 1/12/10 was 164.5 and my weight on 4/1/10 was 145 pounds so it would be good if I could lose 5 pounds in April to be 140 pounds !!!!! my overall goal is to be 126 pounds !!!!