Why girls shouldn't lift weights like men - disgusting hey?

Options

Replies

• sexelby
    sexelby Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I do a lot of martial arts, and although I don't look as if I have much muscle, I can do 50 press ups and lift fully grown men. I enjoy lifting weights but don't want to go overboard with the muscle!!
  • tiffany5839
    tiffany5839 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I noticed with her diet that there was no fruit or dairy listed. Is that something to stay away from?
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options

Eating should not make you feel like your problems are less difficult. I doubt you would ever feel that way in a different environment and with different foods available to you. Did you choose to desire to eat when you had plenty of body fat available? I doubt it. We naturally eat when we are hungry, and trust that the system is working correctly to maintain the correct level of body fat. Unfortunately, our environment really throws a wrench in the gears of that system, causing us to be hungry when we should not be.

We eat like we do due to blood glucose and insulin levels. This is controlled by our diets.

When I bulk like I am right now, I eat 6000+ a day and am hungry, because of the large amounts of carbs I eat causing my blood glucose levels to rise and then fall. Even when I physically cannot eat anything due to space.

When I diet I increase my proteins and lower my carbs to create a deficit, I'm usually less hungry at this point.

Hunger is very much controlled by our eating habits.
  • StephCoff1969
    Options
    Thank you so much for this beautiful inspiration.. It give a girl like me hope that I can achieve my goals...
  • Matt_Wild
    Options
    I noticed with her diet that there was no fruit or dairy listed. Is that something to stay away from?

As much veg as she likes (within reason!) and a piece or two of fruit per day.
  • gxm17
    gxm17 Posts: 374
    Options
    And a boob job... :)
    Why is that relevant? If implants make her feel more comfortable in HER skin, how is that any concern of yours?

"I want to be all natural" is the response I expect out of those who have an issue with the implants. Well, to those of you that do, do you wear makeup? Use any anti aging creams? Acne cleansers? Hair dye? Nail Polish? Have any tattoos, perhaps? Piercings?

If so, then you're NOT all natural, so get off the high horse and stop judging her for wanting to be comfortable in her own skin.

It's relevant for the same reason Lance Armstrong lost all his "champion" titles. Her physique was gained through plastic surgery. All it requires is money to get fake boobs, not exercise or diet or "hard work."

*facepalm*

Her boob job did not make her muscles pop and her body look amazing. It's like 2% of what makes her body look good. She'd look amazing either way.

wow. Wow. WOW.

The OP touted her physique as "this is what lifting does to a woman's body." But it's not. It's what lifting *and* plastic surgery do. Body building decreases body fat and most women see a reduction in breast size. The supposed "success" this woman had included having surgical implants. Just like Lance Armstrong, it wasn't just natural ability enhanced through training and dedication. It was also the steroids and the blood transfusions. Again, something he put into his body that he did not naturally have. That's why his "successes" were nullified.

And before anyone asks, the reason I keep commenting is because I find it hypocritical that bodybuilders are always claiming that lifting enhances the female figure when, in reality, there is a loss of womanly curves (which this OP very clearly illustrates).
  • meepsterbird
    Options
    I think she looks amazing.

She certainly doesn't look like a man to me... I see no peen or adam's apple bulge (lol), just some nice lean muscle and holy cow defined abs.

I guess I don't get how people don't find that attractive. Then again, I don't find stick skinny no definition wasting away females to be attractive. She looks happy and healthy <---- And that is the most important thing.

"Peen"

I love it!!! Definitely giggled. Thanks for lightening up the thread for a brief moment!!
  • Matt_Wild
    Options
    Looks great ON HER, but definitely not the look I'm going for at all.

ETA: There's nothing wrong with not wanting this look for yourself. That doesn't mean the people who feel that way are rude or out to offend the OP or the woman in the picture. It just means that that's not a look we want for ourselves. If you post something on the internet, you're inviting commentary and opinion, and not all the opinions will be positive. I'm not obligated to praise this picture or what it represents just because it's been posted here.

100% agree.

To be rude however, reveals a persons true nature.
  • toya316
    toya316 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    RIPPED.... :drinker:
  • stephross88
    stephross88 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    In my honest opinion, I wouldn't want to look that way.
  • 1MariaChristina
    1MariaChristina Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    she is stunning! They type of girl I'd love to try and look like =) just enough cut, just enough muscle, legs sexy as hell!

(ps I don't understand the need to type negative opinions either, tis much easier to click the back arrow than it is to type a bunch of negative **** no one wants to read anyway but hey...to each their own right??)
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    The OP touted her physique as "this is what lifting does to a woman's body." But it's not. It's what lifting *and* plastic surgery do. Body building decreases body fat and most women see a reduction in breast size. The supposed "success" this woman had included having surgical implants. Just like Lance Armstrong, it wasn't just natural ability enhanced through training and dedication. It was also the steroids and the blood transfusions. Again, something he put into his body that he did not naturally have. That's why his "successes" were nullified.

And before anyone asks, the reason I keep commenting is because I find it hypocritical that bodybuilders are always claiming that lifting enhances the female figure when, in reality, there is a loss of womanly curves (which this OP very clearly illustrates).

well said.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

The woman in that photo naturally has a physique that is more straight up and down and she probably never had much in the breasticle area because she isn't built that way.

I am naturally an hourglass. Now, I don't have any desire to have six-pack abs, But if I did lift weights and diet to the extent of that woman, I would still be an hourglass and I would still have large breasts because the tissue making up my breasts is a majority mammary glands and not fat.

You don't lose "womanly curves" through weights. You simply tighten and tone what you already have.
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    Yea, my fiance would not be too pleased with me looking like that. LOL

I wouldn't want to look like that. I want to be feminine and in shape. I don't want to look like a man. But to each, his/her own.

She looks nothing like a man.

She is the fiance of the guy who started this thread.

Would you like to hear people's opinions on whether or not they want your body?

I wouldn't put my body on the internet to be scrutinized, so no.
  • Matt_Wild
    Options

well said.

The implants came first before she lost the weight. May I ask, what curves did she lose?
  • Matt_Wild
    Options

The woman in that photo naturally has a physique that is more straight up and down and she probably never had much in the breasticle area because she isn't built that way.

I am naturally an hourglass. Now, I don't have any desire to have six-pack abs, But if I did lift weights and diet to the extent of that woman, I would still be an hourglass and I would still have large breasts because the tissue making up my breasts is a majority mammary glands and not fat.

You don't lose "womanly curves" through weights. You simply tighten and tone what you already have.

Thank you.
  • gadenni34
    gadenni34 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Looks great ON HER, but definitely not the look I'm going for at all.

ETA: There's nothing wrong with not wanting this look for yourself. That doesn't mean the people who feel that way are rude or out to offend the OP or the woman in the picture. It just means that that's not a look we want for ourselves. If you post something on the internet, you're inviting commentary and opinion, and not all the opinions will be positive. I'm not obligated to praise this picture or what it represents just because it's been posted here.

correct. you are not obligated to post praise for her look if it is something you don't aspire to. you are also not obligated to post something negative about how she looks either. If you don't like this look, if you don't want it for yourself, or if you don't get it then just back out of the thread and post somewhere else that you do like. I never understand why people post things like, "In my honest opinion, I wouldn't want to look that way." fine...then close the thread and go do something else.
    no obligation to post positively but also no obligation, or need, to post negatively. internet or not. it is just common every day decency people.
  • _Witsy_
    _Witsy_ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    And a boob job... :)
    Why is that relevant? If implants make her feel more comfortable in HER skin, how is that any concern of yours?

"I want to be all natural" is the response I expect out of those who have an issue with the implants. Well, to those of you that do, do you wear makeup? Use any anti aging creams? Acne cleansers? Hair dye? Nail Polish? Have any tattoos, perhaps? Piercings?

If so, then you're NOT all natural, so get off the high horse and stop judging her for wanting to be comfortable in her own skin.

It's relevant for the same reason Lance Armstrong lost all his "champion" titles. Her physique was gained through plastic surgery. All it requires is money to get fake boobs, not exercise or diet or "hard work."

*facepalm*

Her boob job did not make her muscles pop and her body look amazing. It's like 2% of what makes her body look good. She'd look amazing either way.

wow. Wow. WOW.

Lifting does not effect your boobs.....the OP never made any statement of such......everyone that is not happy with seeing someone with such a shape are the ones bringing them up. When people lift, it's to build the major muscles, strengthen the body, define the large muscle groups...what does her boobs have to do with those successes? End of point. And I believe OP mentioned she got the implants prior to going on this lifting adventure? Lance Armstrong used PERFORMANCE ENHANCING drugs...he was racing "high". He was being paid to race and sponsors put their money behind him...This woman wanted her boobs to be more shapely? If it was just some random woman on the street who doesn't lift, would the boobs matter at all? Whether she got the boobs or not, that wouldn't stop her from achieving an amazing body and it's a bit insulting for you to minimize her success just because of some boobs.

Everyone is different....lifting does not take away your curves. If you're goal is to be healthy and strong and you want to remain "curvy", you can go right ahead and keep a bit higher bf....problem solved.
  • LB2LL
    LB2LL Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    "Womanly curves" is a bunch of BS.

I am a woman, and I have a butt. That's about it. I don't have "curves." Some people do, some don't. So that argument is pretty null and void.
  • flea2449
    flea2449 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Dude! She looks AMAZING!!! You're girl is HOTT! HOTT! HOTT! Don't let anyone tell you different! I definitely want to start lifting to look as amazing as she does. You are a lucky man, and I'm sure she is a lucky lady as well.