Slow-Cooker Salsa Chicken

Options
Number of Servings: 6

Ingredients:
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 cup salsa
1 package reduced sodium taco seasoning
1 can reduced fat cream of mushroom soup (condensed)
1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream

Directions:
Add chicken to slow cooker.
Sprinkle taco seasoning over chicken.
Pour salsa and soup over chicken.
Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
Remove from heat and stir in sour cream.
Serve with rice.

Nutritional Info
Servings Per Recipe: 6
Amount Per Serving
Calories: 157.2
Total Fat: 3.3 g
Cholesterol: 63.4 mg
Sodium: 654.2 mg
Total Carbs: 6.7 g
Dietary Fiber: 0.9 g
Protein: 24.3 g

Replies

• oneinchatatime
    Options
    Number of Servings: 6

Ingredients:
    4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
    1 cup salsa
    1 package reduced sodium taco seasoning
    1 can reduced fat cream of mushroom soup (condensed)
    1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream

Directions:
    Add chicken to slow cooker.
    Sprinkle taco seasoning over chicken.
    Pour salsa and soup over chicken.
    Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
    Remove from heat and stir in sour cream.
    Serve with rice.

Nutritional Info
    Servings Per Recipe: 6
    Amount Per Serving
    Calories: 157.2
    Total Fat: 3.3 g
    Cholesterol: 63.4 mg
    Sodium: 654.2 mg
    Total Carbs: 6.7 g
    Dietary Fiber: 0.9 g
    Protein: 24.3 g
  • vldowd
    vldowd Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    This sounds very good, I think we will have this for dinner tomorrow. Thanks for the recipe
  • oneinchatatime
    Options
    Your welcome, let me know if you like it!:happy:
  • dmflynt
    dmflynt Posts: 196
    Options
    this recipe is FABULOUS!!!! Serve with a little rice or noodles, and a salad. I saw it on this website a few months ago and it's now a regular among my recipes!
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Had this for dinner tonight...minus the sour cream...loved it! My mom made it on the stovetop rather than in a slow cooker, but it was still really good. We had it over rice with green beans on the side.

I think next time I will cut up the chicken pieces (rather than cooking them as whole breasts) and put in some corn and black beans and serve it over the rice...and I think we'll try it in the slow cooker next time to make sure it can marinate. Mmm...very good!
  • pinktoque
    pinktoque Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I'm making this tonight, I'm so excited! :D I'll post pictures <3
  • pinktoque
    pinktoque Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    This was SO yummy! :)

slow_cooker_salsa_chicken2.jpg

Thanks for sharing :heart:
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    That looks delish pink!
  • BrandNewLaura
    Options
    bumping this up for dinner tonight
  • jo69
    jo69 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the recipe idea. I think I will definitley use it as a matter of fact I just printed it off here at work. I think this will make some great lunches and dinner without all the fuss about what to make.
    Thanks again,
  • alisha123
    Options
    Thanks for the recipe! Good and quick!
  • shortstack
    Options
    I had it tonight, wonderful my husband liked it and he does not like white meat. I served it over brown rice and poured the sauce over it . Thank you for sharing!!!!!!!!
  • BrandNewLaura
    Options
    This was SO yummy! :)

slow_cooker_salsa_chicken2.jpg

Thanks for sharing :heart:

LOL this cracks me up...I love ya girl lol...not only did you take a picture, but it almost looks like you arranged it and poised the knife and fork to look like it should have been on a magazine cover...LOL...just playin Lesley...you're so cute lol...

We did end up having this last night for dinner...I cut up the chicken into a bit bigger than bite size pieces...we did it in the crock pot like you are supposed to (rather than on the stove top like we did last time), left out the sour cream and added the black beans and corn...so good...it was lacking some flavor though because we used a fresh salsa rather than jarred...so while it was healthier, it was missing a depth of flavor that it had last time when we used a regular jarred salsa...near perfection though! And I'm having it for lunch tomorrow :smile:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Bumpin for Dinner:drinker:
  • jenifergotti
    jenifergotti Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    looks yummy!!
  • Elizabetnelson
    Options
    I am soooooooooooooooo going to try this! Thank you!
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Made this tonight and WOW, great combo with brown rice!

The chicken ended up so tender I decided to shred it and stirred everything up a bit more and poured it over a serving of rice!

Only thing I might add next time is mushrooms....not sure what made me think of them except perhaps it being chicken with rice, it'd make a nice add in.

I recall Laura I believe mentioning they added black beans and corn to there....I can see that would be a good mixture after tasting this...

I followed the recipe for the most part but couldn't locate the low sodium seasoning, so next time I'll use only 1/4 of packet or make my own mixture for it (the recipe calls for 1 packet, others suggeted after they made it to try only 1/2 a pkg.) I found it to be quite salty upon first taste. Once I tried it over the rice it really mellowed down the salt taste. So that worked out.

I think I'm super sensitive to sweet and salty now that I don't often go that route. My PMS treat is normally a very dark chocolate square which is not a chocolate I would ever binge on when I'm hormone crazy ....so it's safe for me to keep around. :laugh:

Isn't it amazing how when we do clean eating our tastes change so much? Makes sense of course, but certainly something I noticed early on last year when I changed my habits.:drinker:

Ok, so that's my Salsa Chicken review, thanks to whomever posted it originally:flowerforyou:
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I made this y'day but didn't have time for the crockpot, so I made it in a 9 x 13" pan. I baked it for about an hour in the oven at 350* (checked the chicken to make sure it was done!)

I made a few changes and used more chicken (6 breasts) and a whole jar of Pace Picante sauce. I also used cream of chicken instead of mushroom (my kids don't like mushrooms). Served it w/ brown rice & peas. YUMMY! Leftovers tonight! :wink:
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely going to try this, THANKS!:flowerforyou:
  • seegirlrun
    Options
    I made this with chicken breast tenderloins in the overn. My family loved it. I ate it with 1/2 cup of the rice and what should be around 4 oz of chicken and it came out to 288 calories. It was surprisingly filling and the entire family like it. Will certainly make this again.