8 foot wide hips?!?

Options

Replies

• infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I agree with the "why post this?" comments. Does it matter that much to you? Or is it just to make you feel better by posting this? I just figure if and when she decides to lose, she will. If not, then let it be. Not hurting you or me is it?

Actually, yes it is. Ever heard of insurance rates and why they are so high?

Are you under the impression that some jerk post on a site like this is going to solve that problem? I reached 361 pounds before deciding enough was enough. One thing that didn't help me make the decision were comments like the ones here. What is the motivation to lose weight when you'd already been degraded and reduced to just some fat person, ready and waiting to be verbally abused?

So, unless you find someway to turn this thread into a solution for our insurance woes, I don't see how this helps.

People who want to be big and purposely try to gain weight are stupid and need mental help. I saw something online where some woman was trying to get the record for the heaviest woman in the world. She deserves to be made fun of because that is ignorant.

And again, shaming someone for making really, really really stupid choices is not the same as shaming someone for their body. Listen, I get what you're trying to lay down, but the fact of the matter here is that MFP has a serious problem with folks like the OP (and others in this thread) being downright nasty to others solely because of the shape of their bodies. It's called body shaming and it's distracting from the weight problem and mental health problem that is affecting your insurance rates.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    funny-animated-gifs-surprise.gif&sa=X&ei=-hMAUe6lLMT9qQHypIHYBQ&ved=0CAwQ8wc4FA&usg=AFQjCNG7G_5hh6OioN6P98tbbOGzs3ggYw

Thank you! That turned my :frown: with this thread upside down. :laugh:
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    And she loves her curves! I'm sorry, but curves and lumps/rolls are a lot different.
    She can call HER own body whatever she wants.
    If you watch the video... just no words!
    Yeah, you should have stuck to your "no words" instinct and not typed out the words you were thinking.
  • mcshoelovin22
    mcshoelovin22 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Friggin disgusting and the slideshow at the bottom with the worlds biggest woman marrying a chef are THE WORST. He has her covered with plates of food!! WTF?!?!

Really?!?!? SMDH!

Hopefully its at the fact that she thinks she'll never have health problems and will live long!
  • hearthemelody
    hearthemelody Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    I must be the only one wondering if her hips are 8 feet wide or 8 feet around...
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
  • _Witsy_
    _Witsy_ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Friggin disgusting and the slideshow at the bottom with the worlds biggest woman marrying a chef are THE WORST. He has her covered with plates of food!! WTF?!?!

Really?!?!? SMDH!
    \
    Not sure how up to date that story is...last time I read about her she had lost 100 lbs and dumped the fiance cuz her family pleaded with her to realize she was on a destructive path, especially with the bad family health history that they had. *shrugs* Even so...not my body.
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    I can't look!
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    Unless you are pregnant or a duck.... you should NOT waddle!
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    'I have a license to work with heavy equipment,'

Hehe, that's awesome.

this guy is my hero
  • tubbyelmo
    tubbyelmo Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    OMG ... that's not "hips". That's an *kitten* so big it needs to squeeze round the side just so it doesn't fall off.

I didn't mean to chuckle at this... it ended up a full blown belly laugh!!
  • angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    I say you all stop being such haters. She's proud of the way she looks. You may think she's too big and she might think you're too small. It's all a matter of preference. Obviously she has a husband that adores her and a beautiful family. She's happy, which is a lot more than a lot of other people can say for themselves.

She made a very good point- "I'd rather be this size and happy, with me loving me than to be skinny and be unhappy."

If you ask me, us girls (who love to pick ourselves apart in the mirror...We're all guilty of it) should try to be more loving and accepting of ourselves like she is.

Next time you find it necessary to make fun of someone else's life, why don't you try and learn something from them instead.
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    She's just "big-boned".

Bahahaha
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    I agree with the "why post this?" comments. Does it matter that much to you? Or is it just to make you feel better by posting this? I just figure if and when she decides to lose, she will. If not, then let it be. Not hurting you or me is it?

Actually, yes it is. Ever heard of insurance rates and why they are so high?

Are you under the impression that some jerk post on a site like this is going to solve that problem? I reached 361 pounds before deciding enough was enough. One thing that didn't help me make the decision were comments like the ones here. What is the motivation to lose weight when you'd already been degraded and reduced to just some fat person, ready and waiting to be verbally abused?

So, unless you find someway to turn this thread into a solution for our insurance woes, I don't see how this helps.

People who want to be big and purposely try to gain weight are stupid and need mental help. I saw something online where some woman was trying to get the record for the heaviest woman in the world. She deserves to be made fun of because that is ignorant.
    Just so you know, "stupid" and "needs mental help" are not the same thing. Implying so is quite ignorant. Do i have the right to make fun of you now?
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options

in your user pic you're carrying a polystyrene container - there are studies now that show eating food that has been housed in polystyrene (even for a short time) can have ill effects on your thyroid.

so that means that i can make fun of you, right? b/c by your own logic, this shows ignorance and the proportional response is to make fun of that person.

edited for engirsh fail. you may now make fun of me
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m8g6qwbGRF1qihztbo1_500.gif
  • sissiluv
    sissiluv Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mgbyuuDDuB1s1nvmbo1_250.gif
  • vkruithof
    vkruithof Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I bet it's a defense mechanism so that they can put a public face forward that allows them to not be hurt by the people that don't understand, because they truly aren't happy and really deep down want to be healthy, happy and smaller if that's what takes to make them all of that. Sad.
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    So, your point on this is that you can hide and demoralize the lady...kind of like being a bully, just behind the curtain. Props to you.
  • zaithyr
    zaithyr Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    She does seem like a beautiful and happy lady. She is obese, and just happens to carry the majority of her weight in her hips though. Beauty is definitely in the eye of the beholder, but I would still be concerned about health issues at that weight. Still, it's her life to live how she chooses.
This discussion has been closed.